The latest New Grow update.

• Thread starter 30roll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
30roll

30roll

That 5-word Title requirement is annoying..

My last Grow finished in April. I wanted to try some new things this time around, like less Plants with bigger Pots and more Defoliation.
I went up to 10 gallon Pots from 7 gallon. I Fimmed them all around Week 3 and they really bushed out. I won't do it again.

These 4 Plants broke ground June 1st, so they are in Week 6 of Veg and are moving along.
I've already removed the Fan Leaves from the Main Stalk except for the very tops on all of them. They were getting so bushy that I wanted to try and get more light into the new growth.

The big exception is the smallest Plant. That one has a very dense Node spacing, so much that it just looked like cousin It.. I also removed most of the Fan Leaves on the Branches to see what would happen and you can see the new growth that has been exposed. I expect that whole Plant to look like 1 big Bud at the end!

I've been raising the Lights about every week because they are growing fast. Right now I'm watering every 2 days with 6 Liters. The big chalenge on this Grow is heat and humidity. In the Winter it was cold and dry in the Basement which helped a lot. But now I already have the Dehumidifier in there and it runs a lots which also generates heat. Right now I'm maintaing an average of 60-64% and 80-83 degrees F..

I also have a Lemon Balm Plant in there that was on deaths door. I pulled it out of the Pot it was in and it had 1 little root left. I put it in the same Medium as the Weed and put it in the Tent. I have been feeding it the same Nutes as the Weed at half strength and it has snapped back amazingly. I think I'll need to transplant it soon.

IMG_20210710_163514365.jpg
IMG_20210710_163539529.jpg

This is cousin It!
IMG_20210710_163557931.jpg
IMG_20210710_163616354.jpg

Lemon Balm.
IMG_20210710_163829925.jpg

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
That 5-word Title requirement is annoying..

My last Grow finished in April. I wanted to try some new things this time around, like less Plants with bigger Pots and more Defoliation.
I went up to 10 gallon Pots from 7 gallon. I Fimmed them all around Week 3 and they really bushed out. I won't do it again.

These 4 Plants broke ground June 1st, so they are in Week 6 of Veg and are moving along.
I've already removed the Fan Leaves from the Main Stalk except for the very tops on all of them. They were getting so bushy that I wanted to try and get more light into the new growth.

The big exception is the smallest Plant. That one has a very dense Node spacing, so much that it just looked like cousin It.. I also removed most of the Fan Leaves on the Branches to see what would happen and you can see the new growth that has been exposed. I expect that whole Plant to look like 1 big Bud at the end!

I've been raising the Lights about every week because they are growing fast. Right now I'm watering every 2 days with 6 Liters. The big chalenge on this Grow is heat and humidity. In the Winter it was cold and dry in the Basement which helped a lot. But now I already have the Dehumidifier in there and it runs a lots which also generates heat. Right now I'm maintaing an average of 60-64% and 80-83 degrees F..

I also have a Lemon Balm Plant in there that was on deaths door. I pulled it out of the Pot it was in and it had 1 little root left. I put it in the same Medium as the Weed and put it in the Tent. I have been feeding it the same Nutes as the Weed at half strength and it has snapped back amazingly. I think I'll need to transplant it soon.

View attachment 1144514View attachment 1144515

This is cousin It!
View attachment 1144516View attachment 1144517

Lemon Balm.
View attachment 1144518

I thought so too at first.... But actually, it makes you do something worthwhile, it makes you describe what's on the inside in better detail so that people have a good idea of what's being discussed on the inside.

It might be annoying, but it was a smart move on Logic's part IMO.

For instance: "New grow, bigger containers, less plants" something along those lines, it's simply asking for more description, that's all.

Plants look great btw, your humidity is probably linked to all your many prolific fan leaves to some degree, and the bigger pots.... All that increases the humidity, no doubt's about that. The weather is no doubt a big factor also.

I would consider taking that other plant out of there, I forget the species, but it's a bug magnet, I've had one, and the spidermites are drawn to it. Be advised, it's probably not the best choice to have it alongside your plants. Mites love taking up on the undersides that one, and your reefer too, don't know which they love better.

Your grow is looking great, but be sure to get that humidity in check before you flip. Increasing the airflow though the tent might be the best choice, don't know how much your actually pumping though there but it's a big factor. Keeping those fans along the bottoms like you have is good too, but air exchange between the outside and the inside is the single biggest factor in that respect. Drawing in some drier air from outside the tent, no matter how you can obtain it.

Last edited:
30roll

30roll

It wasn't intended to put the Lemon Balm in there for the Weed's benefit, but I thought LB was a good companion Plant??
No bugs yet anyways..

30roll

30roll

Less than a week since my last pic post and it seems like they're growing like mad..
At the beginning of Week 7 Veg..
I did some LST by tying and spacing lower Branches to let in more light.
I bent the Main Stalk down on my tall and skinny Plant. I think it will fill in nice.
Don't forget my Lemon Balm!
IMG 20210714 151858211
IMG 20210714 151915851
IMG 20210714 152027674
IMG 20210714 152112788
IMG 20210714 152343960

30roll

30roll

Weekend Update..
I had to get rid of Cousin It. It was just to dense and bushy, plus it was taking up to much space.
I think 3 Plants is the sweet spot. I spaced them all in the center of the Tent and they are touching leaves already. I'm still in Week 7.
I think a flip after week 8 would be good because they will have that last burst with the light change.. The Tent should fill out nicely.

IMG 20210717 133847920
IMG 20210717 1340027551
IMG 20210717 133932231

30roll

30roll

USPS seemed to have lost my nutes somewhere, so I went to the local grow supply and switched it up. It was a good move because they are getting greener everyday.
They are also getting thirstier.. I'm watering nearly twice a day already.. I need to empty the Dehumidifier multiple times a day.
I tied the tops down on the other 2 plants. They are growing like weeds..

IMG 20210720 060458680

30roll

30roll

Weekend update..
The Plants are moving along great. I switched from Advanced MGB to Connoisseur and the progress is crazy. I'm watering about once a day with Nutes everytime.
This pic is 5 days of growth from the last pic..

IMG 20210725 061116529

30roll

30roll

I was thinking the same thing when I opened up the Tent this morning... I'll need to get the string out and tie things down a bit. I raised the lights yesterday.. Not much headroom left.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was thinking the same thing when I opened up the Tent this morning... I'll need to get the string out and tie things down a bit. I raised the lights yesterday.. Not much headroom left.
They looking fantastic... gonna be a shit ton of work ahead brother... no chance of moving a couple?

Gonna need a good defoliation before flip imo and you can pretty much be guaranteed they will double in width and height.

I may sacrifice a couple of the smaller branches on the bottom of each for more bending room? Idk.

Not sure of your experience level but if this is the first grow they are looking great, I just have flashbacks looking at the size and space where I literally tossed the grow because it was to much. You not nearly as bad as that bit it's gonna be a challenge. Definitely will be a good sized pull for the size if you can pull it off though.

30roll

30roll

Okay, I think I'll reprogram the Timer.. 7 weeks of Veg complete..
I did plan on trying some Cloning..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay, I think I'll reprogram the Timer.. 7 weeks of Veg complete..
I did plan on trying some Cloning..
Definitely do that brother... even if you garbage em after. Your going to be removing some growth the way I see it and always take the opportunity to further your abilities.

30roll

30roll

So I'm 4 days into 12/12.. The Pistils are more noticeable and they are stretching to an easy 4 feet. They would be an easy 5 feet if I didn't tie the Main Stalks down. It's cool to see what would be side branches turned into a canopy with the tie down. But the Bud sites on this 1 Plant are crazy..

This was the least bushy of the 3 but it had a robustness different from the rest. Not spindly and wirery, just stout. It has really come into it's own.
I took Clones this week of all 3, so hopefully they will take and I can keep this one going because it's seems like it will be good..

IMG 20210729 223408758

Group shot from the right side..

IMG 20210729 223559633

30roll

30roll

Weekend Update..

I haven't seen them for a couple days. I Ieft for the weekend but had someone here to watch them. They have definitely stretched out. 'Way taller than my last grow. I marked the Tent Pole every 12" so they are over 4' already.
I'll let them dry out today so I can get them out of the Tent tomorrow to tie down the over achievers a bit..
But after about a week of 12/12, they are starting to show signs of Flowering..

IMG 20210801 130452703

IMG 20210801 130250173

IMG 20210801 130224037

IMG 20210801 130207746

30roll

30roll

Weekend Update..
Today is the beginning of Week 3 Flower.. Last week I pulled a BUNCH of Fan Leaves off. Really, it seemed to choke the Plants a bit but it did open up the Branches to expose light to lessor Bud sites.. I'm still on the fence about Defoliating.. But the Plants seemed to have snapped back a bit and I only really did 1 heavy Defoliate and I won't do it again..
They are still growing nonetheless.. The tallest plant is now an easy 5'.. Yesterday I tied some Branches back away from the lights because I'm worried about light burn, but they turn right back towards it and seem to love it..
I also cut some Clones and have been in glasses of water for about a week and are still going, so I'll be able to keep these Plants going.
The stout Plant has a nice density going even tho it was the smallest Plant that used the least amount of water..
I've also been incorporating Terpinator to my routine.. I'm at 30ml per 6 liters.. When I pulled all' the Leaves off, my hands were super sticky.. I'll run the course with it. We'll see how stinky the Plants get.

IMG 20210808 130636404

IMG 20210808 130704601

30roll

30roll

Weekend Update a day early..
They are still stretching out of control.. A lot of growth.
The Stout plant has a lot of stretchers but the Plant on the left of the same breed is growing fatter and thicker Budz much faster, so even tho it looks well spaced it isn't producing as much. Hmm..
I've tied back more stretchers because they are pretty much touching the light, but they're going towards it as if it doesn't bother them..
I also transplanted my Lemon Balm to a bigger Pot. It's doing great. 😁

Left Plant

IMG 20210814 141819377

Stout Plant

IMG 20210814 141801003

Group Shot

IMG 20210814 135907290

Lemon Balm

IMG 20210814 135932243

Last edited:
GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Yo 30 - those are some healthy happy girls you have in there!!

@Aqua Man suggested a thorough cleanup before flip - when you get to trimming your harvest you will most likely have an “ah-ha” moment (prob after the carpal tunnel sets in).

I strip all vegetation from the bottom third of the plant a couple days before flip, and remove all regrowth after budset. I used to feel as though I was taking too much, but trust the process. The top two thirds of your ladies will thank you with a more bag and trim friendly bounty. Another reason to do this is so the plant is focusing all of its processes on the leaves/bud sites that live in the most efficient portion of your lighting sphere. The bottom third of your plant would still absorb photons, but at a small fraction of the quantity and energy that the tops receive. They are stealing resources.

After stretch is done, you will be surprised at how little, if any, light reaches the floor, even with the bottoms completely naked.

Top Bottom