The leaves are getting really miniaturized and skinny and clawing. They're in week 4 of Auto help

• Thread starter bobbynomad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bobbynomad

bobbynomad

The leaves are getting really miniaturized and skinny and clawing theyre in week 4 of auto hel

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Back of of the n
The fan leaves won’t straighten up they will stay that way however as long as you back of on the n you should be good.

The fan leaves will act as a buffer so the buds don’t get effected as long as it’s not to bad.

One other thing it looks like your plants maybe light stressed how far away is it and is it dimmed

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Clawing like this is always a nitrogen toxicity issue.
Elongated leaf structure is likely strain related. Look at parentage.
You could tell us what your feeding, How often and how much.
P.H
Potting medium, Light. Power setting and distance above plant canopy.
Anything you can think of that could shed a light.

bobbynomad

bobbynomad

Clawing like this is always a nitrogen toxicity issue.
Elongated leaf structure is likely strain related. Look at parentage.
You could tell us what your feeding, How often and how much.
P.H
Potting medium, Light. Power setting and distance above plant canopy.
Anything you can think of that could shed a light.
Ppm at 750 with maxibloom lux 45000 pH high 5's low 6's light rack about 16 in.from canopy,so I flushed them with pH water till I got a 300ish ppm then been feeding them at 750 ppm autos at wk.4 ogerberry , forum stomper,and super orange haze,all auto seeds just started showing white pistols.um what else? Thanks a lot for all responses,it's only my second attempt I grew photo period the first time
37587070 f484 4f96 bfa8 8fa492756b00 1 all 1215

bobbynomad

bobbynomad

Back of of the n
The fan leaves won’t straighten up they will stay that way however as long as you back of on the n you should be good.

The fan leaves will act as a buffer so the buds don’t get effected as long as it’s not to bad.

One other thing it looks like your plants maybe light stressed how far away is it and is it dimmed
What should my PPMs be they are autos at wk 4 just started showing white pistols

Eledin

Eledin

Ive never grown in arlite but isnt watering one time a day a lot? Specially for big pots. Autos usually require less ppm, were you using maxigrow until you saw the pistils? Maxibloom has very little nitrogen as it should be in my opinion so unless it happened with maxiveg Id say is a water problem, maybe some root rot. If its nitrogen toxicity it should be fine now that youre using maxibloom, speciall if you flushed. If after flushing they look even worse I think you need to stop watering so much.

Eledin

Eledin

My bad I didnt see there is substrate below the arlite, are you using peat? If so, once per day is too much. If its coco it might be the case that they need once per day but the pots are big, I dont know... in my case even with coco I need to wait 2-3 days and the pots are 2 gallons only, but I live in a humid area. Did the problem start with maxigrow?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
What should my PPMs be they are autos at wk 4 just started showing white pistols

I grow organically and ppm is unreadable with organics so I have no need to use meters I have to go by eye.

Reading everything I wonder myself if overwatering is adding to the problem.

Obviously whatever medium your in you need to cut back on the n however the damage is done they won’t ever straighten up so you might not see any difference.

As folks are asking what medium are you using coir or soil that makes a difference to a few things

bobbynomad

bobbynomad

I grow organically and ppm is unreadable with organics so I have no need to use meters I have to go by eye.

Reading everything I wonder myself if overwatering is adding to the problem.

Obviously whatever medium your in you need to cut back on the n however the damage is done they won’t ever straighten up so you might not see any difference.

As folks are asking what medium are you using coir or soil that makes a difference to a few things
Coir

Eledin

Eledin

Yup, the middle of the leaves are not arching so its not nitrogen toxicity, I can see it with the close up now. Its either overwatering or heat but considering that you water every day and the substrate looks super wet I would go with the first one. Do you monitor the temperature?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Coir needs watering every day if not sometimes twice a day I can’t see how he can be overwatering
I’m not saying your wrong am asking tbh
Yup, the middle of the leaves are not arching so its not nitrogen toxicity, I can see it with the close up now. Its either overwatering or heat but considering that you water every day and the substrate looks super wet I would go with the first one. Do you monitor the temperature?

Top Bottom