The Master Cleanse/ The Lemonade Diet

• Thread starter sfzoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Growing plants has shown me the importance of PH, something I never used to even think about in regards to my body.

I now drink filtered tap water instead of RO, because my filtered tap has a pH of 8, whereas the RO is 7. I figure drinking a lot of alkaline buffered water should benefit my body over drinking a bunch of neutral water

Growing fish taught me the importance of not fucking with pH. Killed waaaay too many by shifting pH. What I don't get and what no one seems to be able to explain is how it's possible to shift pH of the gut. Shifting pH of the blood..? What do people think happens once something like, say, coral calcium (don't get me started on THAT) hits that hydrochloric acid the gut uses to break food down? It doesn't make sense that it neutralizes, because if it did, you would likely experience two things -- an inability completely to digest food, and an explosion of bad or pathogenic bacteria that could kill you.

Also, that high pH water would provide you with minerals and would go further toward 'neutralization' than the filtered water.

I grew up with an expert on human nutrition and a physician, have some good resources on hand.

K

kolah

Actually me thinks just drinking some good old water would be the same as "The MasterCleanse."

This is just too gimmicky to me. I never understand all the magic bullet cleansing programs out there. Most of them never address "elimination" AND intake. You must address what you put INTO your body and address what is going on at the other end of the "tube." A true detox addresses what's coming out (shit, piss, sweat, etc) and what is going in (dietary changes of food and drink). By addressing just one of those topics does litttle if not nothing. And they are often based around a mere one or two weeks of "treatment" (gag) which IMO doesn't even scratch the surface. A true detox is one that addresses bowel elimination and dietary intake and then sends you down a path which involves a lifetime committment to better choices of food and drinks. It also should touch on mind, body and spirt principles. I also think moderation is key. I do not think that restricting the body to some orgasmic treats is beneficial at all. We all need a good bowl of ice cream or big-ass chunk of apple pie (hopefully it's organic and "home-made.").... or good Belgium chocolate!

Although all these little gimmicks are a step in the right direction most are just a drop in the bucket in relationship to REAL healthy living. I do not mean to bust you birthday balloons but the reality is that most of these quickie detoxes are just hype. It is good to start drinking lots of clean fluids though or eating 3 organic apples per day or <enter you own>

I think the biggest and most effective change a person can make it to increase your water intake and avoid commerical and processed foods.

I was just kidding about the beer diet. I don't touch booze except for 4-6 ounces of wine in the evening....and on occasion some hard cider (brewed by yours truely of course)

K

kolah

But yes SM, beer is great for flushing kidney stones. I wont mention what is best for prostate inflammation. (can I say "wank wank").

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It absolutely is a gimmick. I have suffered from kidney stones, calcium oxalate, and prior to my surgery (tumor of the parathyroid) my mother, the aforementioned dietitian, had me start taking acidulated water, specifically with fresh citrus juice, because the clinical evidence is *that* strong. It did an excellent job of preventing calculi building up, and helped dissolve calculated already present.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sore throat recipe with apple cider vinegar

On a side note, a few times a week, I add raw unfiltered organic Apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and that helps balance the body's PH and it makes you feel great!

Funny you should mention apple cider vinegar- this also happens to be the hands-down most effective sore throat recipe I've ever found; start with boiling water, add your favorite herbal tea, add a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar- organic is best- and add enough sugar or honey to make it tolerable. Sip it while it's good and hot, and in about 15 minutes your sore throat will be all but gone. This works so well that my friends who have lost their voice due to sore throat and drainage are talking all but normally again.

Figured I'd pass the word, since it's getting to be that season again...

Weirdest thing is that about half the people who I turn on to it, end up drinking the stuff whether they have a sore throat or not! So I'm thinking if they have that kind of a craving, it must be doing some good even beyond the sore throat remedy.

ttystikk

ttystikk

It absolutely is a gimmick. I have suffered from kidney stones, calcium oxalate, and prior to my surgery (tumor of the parathyroid) my mother, the aforementioned dietitian, had me start taking acidulated water, specifically with fresh citrus juice, because the clinical evidence is *that* strong. It did an excellent job of preventing calculi building up, and helped dissolve calculated already present.

so to break this down to layman's terms, drinking citrus water is good for kidney stones?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
so to break this down to layman's terms, drinking citrus water is good for kidney stones?

Good for the most common type, calcium oxalate, Yes. It must be fresh citrus in order to enjoy the greatest benefits. About a teaspoon to a tablespoon per cup.

dextr0

dextr0

Reams Biological theory of Ionization

Reams Biological theory of Ionization
This might hold a very effective approach to treat disease

I think, after brainstorming for quite some time, that the cause and the treatment for most, if not all disease was found in 1976 by Dr. Carey Reams. Remember, that we concluded that the soil determines the disease. Like in agriculture, a bad soil yields unhealthy vegetables, which are prone to parasites, to rot, fungi, etc. Inside a human body, the same applies. When the soil, i.e. the blood pH, the mineral and vitamin status is bad, the blood and tissue become a place where the protits (Enderlein) can't live anymore. They transform into pathogenic microbes (viri, bacteria, molds, fungi, yeasts) and start to destroy the host. At the same time, they try to create the perfect habitat by excreting acids that make the soil even worse, so these microbes can thrive inside the body.

Regular medicine says that these diseases care caused by invasive microbes or because of an overactive immune system or a defective immune system. Energy medicine tries to kill the pathogenic materializations of the protits, but it doesn't change the soil. Alternative medicine like homeopathy tries to relieve the symptoms using interesting techniques. Low-carb approaches are also quite nice, as it strarves the microbes and boosts immunity. Alas, it's all not enough and it doesn't tackle the real problem: The soil is still a perfect habitat for the pathogenic microbes.

The only real cure of any disease can be found when we start to focus on the soil. Well, Dr. Carey Reams fits in perfectly.

Dr Carey Reams was both a physician and an agronomist. His medical degree, completed in England, included an undergraduate degree in chemistry. Upon returning to the US to practice medicine, Reams chose to retain his independence by avoiding membership of the AMA (American Medical Association)

It is a fact that a shining intellect can often be apparent at an early age, and Reams' genius shone through from the outset. During his childhood on the family farm in Florida, his intuitive and practical understanding of plant growth became legendary. It has been said that his father entrusted him with sole responsibility for a significant growing area when he was just five years old. He devised a fertility program, organised labour and apparently produced an exceptional melon crop at that tender age.

Dr Reams never really separated his two professions. He developed extensive systems related to both during the 50's and 60's. While practicing medicine in Orlando, Florida, he opened a health retreat in Georgia and used this accumulated practical experience and research to develop what he termed the Reams Human Health Equation - a diagnostic and analytical tool based on the testing of urine and saliva. These body fluids were tested with the identical LaMotte soil testing approach, which Reams favoured when evaluating soil health. The test measured energy loss in his patients, and Reams accurately diagnosed specific diseases based upon small reductions in energy loss, without actually seeing his clients.

More than anyone else, he was able to make the link between earth soil and the soil of a person, especially since he also has an undergraduate degree in chemistry.

The story was told that Dr. Reams had a friend with a dying daughter who insisted that if Dr. Reams could do wonders for soil, plants and crops, that he should be able to help the young child. He wouldn't take "no" for an answer. Eventually, this personal obligation is what drove Dr. Reams to making the transition from soil chemistry analysis to body chemistry analysis. After years of testing, Dr. Reams determined that urine and saliva provided the best medium for testing his Theory of Biological Ionization.

Summary
Dr. Reams realized that the soil was everything, just like Pasteur said on his dead bed: "The soil is everything, the germ is nothing". He discovered that all the variables of the human soil can be determined from a persons urine plus saliva. His test consisted of 7 parameters (optimal values in between the brackets). Sugar brix (1.5); Urine pH (6.4); Saliva pH (6.4); Conductivity (7); Cell Debris (1); Nitrate Nitrogen (3); Ammonia Nitrogen (3). It was accomplished by using laboratory instruments and techniques normally used for agricultural testing. Using these figures, he could tell the person exactly what's his condition, exactly where a tumor is forming, and he could predict when a person might get a heart attack. Dr. Reams started a Health Retreat in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia. People seeking wellness would come to this retreat for several weeks and be given a diet to suit their body chemistry. Many of them left feeling better than they had felt in years. It was quite amazing. His success with treating terminal cancer patients, abandonded by the regular medicine to die in peace, was astounding. He only lost 6 patients of the 10,000 treated in one year ! That's a 99,94% success rate with TERMINAL PATIENTS. Even though you probably think that's too good to be true, please keep on reading.

Reams theory of Biological Ionization
His treatment and his tests are based on the Reams theory of Biological Ionization. A real mouthful, but in short it means that all the energy any organism uses is produced by friction between anions and cations.

Now we are getting down to the BIOLOGICAL THEORY OF IONIZATION for the production of energy. Please fasten your seat belts; we are going to have to get into a little chemistry, physics and electronics. I hope that you see what I am driving at in a few pages.

A single ANION* contains the smallest amount of energy that there is. This single ANION will contain 1 Millhouse unit of energy. However, an ANION may contain as many as 499 Millhouse units of energy and still be known as an ANION. The word ANION is both singular and plural. An ANION MOLECULE has a positive ion as a nucleus. This + ion is known as a CATION. One single CATION contains 500 mh units of energy but may contain as many as 999 mh units and still be known as a CATION. The orbiting shell of an ANION molecule rotates in a clock-wise direction. A CATION molecule has an ANION as its nucleus and has CATIONS, or if you prefer cationic electrons, in its outer orbit. This orbit is counter-. clock-wise. But why is this important? Because herein is the vital key to health as expressed in science! All energy in human bodies is created by the RESISTANCE generated when these oppositely charged ions rotating in opposite directions come together. Think of that, you physics majors! In college physics we have been taught, and generally quite true, that RESISTANCE consumes energy. But in the ionization chemistry of the human body, it is the RESISTANCE between the orbiting anions and the orbiting cations that actually creates energy! If there is no resistance, then no energy is created. In chemistry, the measure of this RESISTANCE is known as "pH." But pH is neither a qualitative or a quantitative measurement. It is just resistance.
| |

Perhaps you should go back and read again the part about anions and cations before going on. Then I will show you why all this makes a vital difference in the struggle against disease.

Suppose, in theory, that you ate only foods or substances that contained cations. What would happen? With no anionic substances present, there would be no resistance. Remember, no resistance, no energy. Suppose, in theory, you consumed only anionic substances. Where would you get the cations to create the energy? You would not have any! In the practical considerations, it is not possible to have only anions or only cations present. However, it happens all the time with sick people that there are never enough anionic substances present to get for them the energy needed from the cationic foods that they have eaten. Thus it is said that we "do not properly digest our food," or as some of the more recent writers on cancer

So, in short: An anion, (like OH-) can yield energy when it creates resistance with an cation, like H+. For those who've had chemistry, you can see what's the point. The amount of OH- anions and H+ cations in a solution determine the acidity of the solution and thus the pH. As Enderlein showed, our body runs in perfect harmony with the protits when the pH is 7.4, which is close to a neutral solution, so a perfect ratio of cations and anions and thus the perfect ratio to create the most friction and thus the most energy. At that point (blood pH 7.4), the saliva and urine pH is 6.4. Without invasive tests we can determine the saliva and urine pH and our goal is to get it back to where it belongs: 6.4.

Diet
How can we make sure that our pH is and will stay perfect (blood pH 7.5, saliva and urine pH 6.4). This can be done by proper diet. Reason dictates that natural, uncooked, unprocessed foods are the best. The Western diet is loaded with culprits: The worst ones are the refined sugars and the grains. We even drink huge amounts of pure acids, like Coca Cola. But beware, also coffee is very acidic. Most, if not all degenerative diseases in the Western world are caused by the consumption of excessive amounts of acidifying foods. If your goal is to cure the disease and to stay healthy and sparkling with energy afterwards, you need to rethink your entire diet.

The anionic Lemon
Dr. Reams states that each and every food is cationic. There is only one exception: The lemon ("citroen" in Dutch), which is anionic. So, to metabolise our food, we need to produce anionic foods that balance the cationic foods we eat. Otherwise we can't get any friction and thus no energy out of our food.

The liver
This is where the liver fits in. The liver produces huge amounts of bile to aid in the digestion of the food, but more important to balance the cations in the food with the anions in the bile. Besides that, the liver produces about 6 billion enzymes, which are used by the organs in our body. Let's take the pancreas as an example. The pancreas produces primarily three things: Insulin, alcohol and pancreatic enzymes that metabolise protein. Where does the pancreas get its input ? From the liver enzymes. Without the correct amount of liver enzymes, the pancreas can't do its job. Result: Diabetes (insulin), cold hands and feet (alcohol) and cancer (digestive enzymes). When any organ in your body is malfunctioning, you should always look at the liver first. If the liver was running at 100%, it would supply the right enzymes to all organs, so that the organs can heal themselves.. i.e. This means: No kidney transplants are ever needed anymore. Problems with the thyroid or the adrenals ? Again: Check the liver !

Liver-regeneration protocol
The liver regeneration protocol is quite simple. Feed it the only anionic food available on this planet: The lemon. Use a neutral non-anionic, non-cationic liquid as a medium: Distilled water fits in perfectly. The protocol is as follows: Make fresh lemon juice and add 9 parts of distilled water to the 1 part of juice, i.e. 4 ounces vs 36 ounces distilled water. Four ounces of the lemon-water solution each hour and Four ounces of plain distilled water take on the half hour.

Example: 9:00 4 ounces of lemon-water solution, 9:30 4 ounces distilled water, 10:00 lemon-water, 10:30 distilled water, 11:00 lemon-water, 11:30 distilled water, etcetera.

WARNING! THIS MUST NOT BE DONE BY ANYONE UNLESS IT IS DONE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A DOCTOR TRAINED IN THE BIOLOGICAL THEORY OF IONIZATION. THIS MUCH LEMON WATER COULD BE FATAL TO ANYONE WITH EITHER A HIGH OR LOW BLOOD SUGAR. NEITHER THIS AUTHOR, NOR ANYONE ELSE, ASSUMES RESPONSIBILITY FOR THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THIS LIVER REBUILDING TECHNIQUE ON THEIR OWN WITHOUT PROPER SUPERVISION. ABOUT ONE PERSON IN A THOUSAND HAS AN ALERGY TO THE JUICES OF THE LEMON.

Why can it be fatal ? It's because the pancreas gets a lot more enzymes that it was used too and all of a sudden starts to produce a lot more insulin. You can imagine what happens. When bloodsugar levels fall too low, due to excessive insulin, you can fade or fall into a coma, which might very well prove to be fatal.

Anionic Minerals
While lemon is the only anionic food, calcium and potassium are the needed anionic minerals. If you don't eat enough mineral-rich organic foods, you will develop a deficiency of anionic minerals, which means you can't develop enough resistance with the cationic food, which means you can't produce enough energy. Energy starvation is what causes cancer. The best way to get the proper anionic minerals is to eat the widest possible variety of fruit and vegetables you can.

Sugar (again)
Sugar (and grains) is one of the worst foods there is. White sugar depletes calcium from the body because it turns most easily into alchohol. Alcohol is the greatest enemy of calcium in the body chemistry. Now do you see the ionization connection between the high consumption of white sugar and cancer? Does white sugar cause cancer and other diseases? No, but it does drive out the anionic calcium that you are trying to accumulate from the foods, thus shifting the body chemistry enough so that proteins are not digested. If this goes on long enough, you will begin to lose energy and start to get sick. The shift in body chemistry can cause a host of problems, of which cancer is only one. For instance, it has never been known for a person who has sufficient calcium and whose blood sugar is not above normal, to come down with polio. Did I say that the white sugar in cookies was the cause of polio? No. But it does drive out calcium and if that person happens to be a borderline diabetic - Wham: Polio!

Pancreas rebuilding protocol
This is a very easy one. Get yourself a vegetable-juicer machine and make 4 ounces of juice twice a day. Use good green leafy vegetables. Again, use distilled water to make the juice.

Water
Water is very important for health. You should at least drink an ounce of water for each kilo (2 pounds roughly). So if you weigh 150 pounds, you should drink 75 ounces of water, which is about 2.5 liters. Please note there is a major difference in water qualities. The best water, according to Reams, is distilled water. The water should have the least amount of minerals (The Belgium Spa mineral water only has 30mg per liter). Besides the zero-mineral content, the extra advantage of distilled water is the high energy. Dr. Beddoe says that water is the "wettest" of all waters.

Where to go from here ?

Brixman.com: A wonderful site with a vast amount of information on the RBTI and Reams.
Be sure to check this out first!

A detailed report of my struggles and progress with the RBTI
RBTI sure ain't easy and it's quite hard to understand if you haven't followed the courses/trainings and just go by the book. My intolerance for sugars and my inability to digest most carbohydrate foods has made it a lot more difficult.
But while struggling, I'm learning more and more and the results so far seem promising

An illustrated introduction to RBTI testing
This articles shows the pictures of all meassuring devices needed and explains how to do the tests

Which books to read to get an understanding of the RBTI

RBTI Websites
I've made a list of RBTI Websites, complete with graphical preview
Important: For the best support, be sure to become a member of the RBTI YahooGroup, linked on this page

RBTI Charting Tool
I've built a simple charting tool which you can use to draw the Range Zone Charts, like in Dr. Beddoe's book.

RBTI Profiles
A large list of RBTI profiles can be found here.

References
Several links to articles w.r.t. RBTI and other comparable Biological Terrain Systems.

RBTI Articles
I've written several short articles/notes w.r.t. the RBTI*
Please be aware that I'm an still studying the RBTI and I've never followed any RBTI-course, so take my notes and interpretations with a grain of salt ;-) .

Below are some brainstorming idea's to see how RBTI fits within other paradigms.

The connections
The connection with Bechamp, Enderlein and other pleomorphic scientists must be clear now. As they did, Dr. Reams also claims that the soil is everything. I also found very interesting connections between the Reams Theory and energy medicine. Check this out: I believe the energy that is produced by the friction between anions and cations is what Reich called Orgone, also known as ch'i and prana. Orgone is the real energy a human lives on and is the energy that allows him to walk from his chair to the door.

Also, I've reread parts of the The Curse Causeless shall not come again and can't help to notice the similiraties with both Reich and Dr Hamer's new Medicine..

Check this out:

The Curse Causeless shall not come, page 10 (with the pH/Engery chart on the left):

"Suppose that we could determine, by some means, WHERE THE ENERGY LOSS WAS LOCATED IN THE BODY. What would we then know ? We would know the probable location of [...] the cancer, wouldn't we.. Is there a way to determine this and the extent of the energy loss ? Yes, but it's beyond the scope of this little booklet.."

Now Check what Dr. Wilhelm Reich says about this: An emotional armor materializes in the body in the form of a body armor, which is a blockade of life energy. So, the armor is deprived of life energy, orgone, or, as Reams says: There is more energy-need than energy-input.. Or: The anion-cation relation isn't balanced (urine and saliva pH not at 6.4)--> Not enough friction between anions and cations ---> Energy deprivation !

Now check what Dr. Hamer says about this: A biological or emotional trauma causes a tumor on a specific location in the body, and also one in the brains, also on a specific location. Once the trauma is dealt with, the cancer will disappear.

When a person lacks energy, he can't produce enough energy (=orgone, life energy) due the unbalance between the anions and cations and thus the pH is too acid or too alkaline.. An orgone accumulator supplies this extra energy to the person, and a MWO probably also. This extra amount of energy is then happily used by the body organs to regain health.. However, the cause is still there: An emotional or biological trauma (Reich, Hamer) or an overly acidified body (Reams).

So, we should see the energy medicine not neccesarily as a cure but more like this: Suppose we are a car and due to some cause (acidification due to bad diet or trauma) the energy levels are suppressed.. Both the Orgone-Accumulator and the MWO are like a battery-charger and supply us with extra 12V power, so we can again run the start-motor, the fuel-pump, etc. However, the situation hasn't changed yet and the car still has a defective dynamo and over time the problems will reappear.... That is, until the dynamo (the ratio of anions to cations) is repaired..

The zapper, blood cleaner, etc are also not a cure.. They take away the manifestation of the bad condition, but these also reappear quickly again as the protits still can't live happily in the body and will keep mutating into other forms !

Conclusion: I think it's very probable that the proper application of the Reams Theory helps tremendously to control or heal virtually any disease. The keywords are: Soil, liver, lemon, calcium, anionic-cationic balancing, pH balancing, water.

I've just ordered a book on the Reams Theory. It can be ordered at Amazon.com:
Health Guide for Survival
Salem Kirban;
Paperback.

There are only a few copies left, so if you want one, get it quickly..

Update: You can also get the book from the writer's website:
Health Guide for Survival

Further readings: Please read the book The Curse Causeless shall not Come for many more details and check the articles on Reams in the Archive

Please note: The information on this website is not a recommendation for treatment. Anyone reading it should consult his/her physician before considering treatment. The author and publisher can't be held responsible for anything. Use on your own risk.
Index | Archive | Search |

------------------------------------------------------------

Sea I was sure you had read this while reading on Carey Reams? Very cool, very smart, and thought outside the box. I follow alot of his teachings religiously.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I perused, then hit the specious reasoning about uncooked vs cooked food, and it was lost for me from there. To think you can, or even should try to change your blood or gut pH boggles my mind, but then I also know that if any idea is presented with enough pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo, people will buy into it.

If you're really interested in health or disease treatment through diet, talk to a dietitian, even better, one who specializes in LEAP therapy, it's actually based on solid science and has the clinical results to back it.

dextr0

dextr0

I perused, then hit the specious reasoning about uncooked vs cooked food, and it was lost for me from there. To think you can, or even should try to change your blood or gut pH boggles my mind, but then I also know that if any idea is presented with enough pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo, people will buy into it.

If you're really interested in health or disease treatment through diet, talk to a dietitian, even better, one who specializes in LEAP therapy, it's actually based on solid science and has the clinical results to back it.

So close to trying something; seems like everythings been messing up my stomach and acid reflux is not fun. Keeps me awake, not cool.

Edit: I forgot the main reason for this post...I do use alot of heartburn medicine; and sometimes even baking soda mixed with water. The point is I know im changing the ph of my stomach. I dont know if thats good or not; helps me tho.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Actually me thinks just drinking some good old water would be the same as "The MasterCleanse."

This is just too gimmicky to me. I never understand all the magic bullet cleansing programs out there. Most of them never address "elimination" AND intake. You must address what you put INTO your body and address what is going on at the other end of the "tube." A true detox addresses what's coming out (shit, piss, sweat, etc) and what is going in (dietary changes of food and drink). By addressing just one of those topics does litttle if not nothing. And they are often based around a mere one or two weeks of "treatment" (gag) which IMO doesn't even scratch the surface. A true detox is one that addresses bowel elimination and dietary intake and then sends you down a path which involves a lifetime committment to better choices of food and drinks. It also should touch on mind, body and spirt principles. I also think moderation is key. I do not think that restricting the body to some orgasmic treats is beneficial at all. We all need a good bowl of ice cream or big-ass chunk of apple pie (hopefully it's organic and "home-made.").... or good Belgium chocolate!

Although all these little gimmicks are a step in the right direction most are just a drop in the bucket in relationship to REAL healthy living. I do not mean to bust you birthday balloons but the reality is that most of these quickie detoxes are just hype. It is good to start drinking lots of clean fluids though or eating 3 organic apples per day or <enter you own>

I think the biggest and most effective change a person can make it to increase your water intake and avoid commerical and processed foods.

I was just kidding about the beer diet. I don't touch booze except for 4-6 ounces of wine in the evening....and on occasion some hard cider (brewed by yours truely of course)

Not a gimmick by any means.. You should see the stuff that comes out of your toosh once on the Master Cleanse(I'm talking strings on the nastiest stuff you will ever see.. I have done it a few times and will do it again in the future. it really does clean your system out. it's quite amazing actually. Once you finish the whole two weeks, you feel the best you have ever felt in your whole life. The reason you cannot use just water is because with just water you are not feeding your body for two weeks. The Master Cleanse uses grade B maple syrup. The Maple syrup contains almost all trace elements and what not needed to feed your body. Before all you people come on here saying it's BS maybe you should try it...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Um... Thanks, but no thanks. Getting stringy stuff out isn't a good reason for me to want to put my body through that kind of stress. I'm happy eating a healthy, high bulk fiber, low sugar, reasonable fat (> 20%) diet. My nails, hair, skin, and bowel movements are all indicating I'm on the right track. I wouldn't do that to any other organism I've ever kept, see no reason to do differently just cuz I'm human.
So close to trying something; seems like everythings been messing up my stomach and acid reflux is not fun. Keeps me awake, not cool.

Edit: I forgot the main reason for this post...I do use alot of heartburn medicine; and sometimes even baking soda mixed with water. The point is I know im changing the ph of my stomach. I dont know if thats good or not; helps me tho.

Adding baking soda can be counter productive. Think about it -- how is digestion accomplished? The first part of the process involves mastication (chewing) and that includes the digestive action of saliva. In the stomach food is broken down with hydrochloric acid. That means that a particular pH is necessary, or we wouldn't be filled with hydrochloric acid. Just as a person prone to oily skin is making a mistake by using drying soaps that actually spur the skin to greater oil production, when you sufficiently change gut pH you are now forcing your body to produce MORE hydrochloric acid. Worse yet, by shifting gut pH towards neutral, you're setting up a situation where pathogens can gain a foothold.

If you have to use meds that often, you should have consulted a physician a while ago, IMO. While heartburn implies by stomach acid, reducing acidity itself is not necessarily the path to reliable relief.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

...and as a Personal Trainer who has helped many either lose or gain weight, gain lean body mass, get stronger/fitter/healthier, I have to say that this diet sounds like "smoke and mirrors" to me. Just my .02 folks.

P

pandor

It is absolutely not a gimmick. I agree, there is more to health than just a master cleanse. But to say it's a gimmick, especially if you have never tried it is not fair.

Exercise. Get a healthy diet.

I did the cleanse and I lost about 20 pounds. (I don't weigh myself). When I came off I exercised and stuck to a healthy vegan diet and my weight has stayed off and my energy shot through the roof.

You do not have to go on a vegan diet, but at minimum as previously mentioned, drink a lot of water, avoid processed foods and soda.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

It is absolutely not a gimmick...

I did the cleanse and I lost about 20 pounds.

Of course you did...Here's a quote from the first post...
Master Cleanse is a modified juice fast that permits no food.

A juice "fast" that permits NO food. Anybody will lose weight on it. It's a fast. Might as well be doing the HCG diet and restricted your caloric intake to 500/day.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
The point of it is not to lose weight, though. It is to CLEANSE YOUR body. The purpose it to flush all the nasty shit that has built up in your body over the years. Doing a low calorie diet is not the same thing. If you intake food while doing the master cleanse, you might as well not be doing it. On most juice fasts, do you drink salt water? Drink a laxative tea? Drink a mixture of grade B maple syrup, fresher squeezed lemon with cayane pepper mixed in? No. The master cleanse has a purpose and it works. It's not a get thin quick gimmick. Some people only lose maybe 5 pounds max after a two week cycle on it. It's all about cleaning out all the crap from your system. Just like we flush our plants, our body needs flushing.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

The point of it is not to lose weight, though. It is to CLEANSE YOUR body. The purpose it to flush all the nasty shit that has built up in your body over the years. Doing a low calorie diet is not the same thing. If you intake food while doing the master cleanse, you might as well not be doing it. On most juice fasts, do you drink salt water? Drink a laxative tea? Drink a mixture of grade B maple syrup, fresher squeezed lemon with cayane pepper mixed in? No. The master cleanse has a purpose and it works. It's not a get thin quick gimmick. Some people only lose maybe 5 pounds max after a two week cycle on it. It's all about cleaning out all the crap from your system. Just like we flush our plants, our body needs flushing.

Sure...Just how deep tissue massages rid the body of toxins as well. I've studied nutrition and physiology in college. I train people. I use my own body as a "test bed" in many instances...and I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. It doesn't jive with EMPIRICAL methodologies and results.

Cleanse the body? Of what? If I'm eating clean, eating whole foods, then why on earth would I even want to consider a gimmick such as this? And the point isn't to lose weight? Then why are people talking about how great/effective it is at losing weight?

Wanna lose weight...go CKD. That'll probably do more for you than anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom