The Movement of Water in Plants

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amber

Amber

Where do you get this stuff? Thanks for sharing I know I don't have this kind of information just laying around.....Well actually I do now...thank you very much sir.

tweedy

tweedy

Ah, good find. Easy to understand the importance of the whole picture of a room. VPD included.

J

Jalisco Kid

Where do you get this stuff? Thanks for sharing I know I don't have this kind of information just laying around.....Well actually I do now...thank you very much sir.
I like this place but you could spend better time at a university web site reading about their studies.

I was looking for a study from india on terp production and how to increase. Love my Google. First thing I put in the box is Studies of..... I used to have years of research in my computer. Still have the hard drive but they want 500 plus to recover the data. I am keeping it around because it has pics of a brace of aussies I had.
If we could get some school boys with their access to the research libraries we could really learn a lot. I had the passwords for a few years but lost my connect. The papers cost 40 bucks a pop, some are good some are not worth the paper they are printed on. Almost enrolled in State just to get the passwords. JK

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

This reminds me of the question wether solid fat stems are better or hollow fat stems?? Would a hollow fat stem necessarily transport more water then a solid?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I like this place but you could spend better time at a university web site reading about their studies.

I was looking for a study from india on terp production and how to increase. Love my Google. First thing I put in the box is Studies of..... I used to have years of research in my computer. Still have the hard drive but they want 500 plus to recover the data. I am keeping it around because it has pics of a brace of aussies I had.
If we could get some school boys with their access to the research libraries we could really learn a lot. I had the passwords for a few years but lost my connect. The papers cost 40 bucks a pop, some are good some are not worth the paper they are printed on. Almost enrolled in State just to get the passwords. JK

there are a number of darknet sites that provide free scientific papers/studies/data - I get tons of info from there.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
This reminds me of the question wether solid fat stems are better or hollow fat stems?? Would a hollow fat stem necessarily transport more water then a solid?

In the sixties I was reading everything I could get on Cannabis.
One of my favorite reads was the reports from the British Indian Hemp Commission;
they'd come up with some great stuff, observations made with the help of a translator that didn't know anything about ganja and a (sometimes) helpful farmer Heh.

Some of the stuff I didn't put together for decades, like the description of making hash by putting the dried material between two rugs that moved in opposite directions (in hindsight, they were obviously screening trichomes).

Anyway, one of the other observations was--
the drug plants had hollow stems...

tweedy

tweedy

I think I have the study saved somewhere on my computer if you're talking about the dap spray one and it increasing oil levels by about 18% in mint. I'll throw it up if I can find it.

J

Jalisco Kid

T
I think I have the study saved somewhere on my computer if you're talking about the dap spray one and it increasing oil levels by about 18% in mint. I'll throw it up if I can find it.
Thats a good study I found if you added some kelp and a good dose of fulvic ,It helps a bit more.
I was looking for a study I found about 3 years ago on a 5 ring carbon product. I got some from them but no longer remember the name of the company. So I am backtracking. JK

tweedy

tweedy

T

Thats a good study I found if you added some kelp and a good dose of fulvic ,It helps a bit more.
I was looking for a study I found about 3 years ago on a 5 ring carbon product. I got some from them but no longer remember the name of the company. So I am backtracking. JK
Ah, good luck friend. I think that the kelp and fulvic make perfect sense, plenty of reasons to want to chelate those minerals and put hormones into action. Especially if DAP truly does do that kind of magic at those rates to increase EO content.

Chobble

Chobble

Good stuff, thanku, i too would be interested in findings of hollowed stem potency connection. I have not been able to conclude that for myself. I have seen some very potent sativas with full stems and some hybrids with hollow stems that were not all that id like to be able to convince myself one way or the other
Best tipz
I'm always happy to share information with you guys if you need it, I right papers on this stuff all the time and I'm rather happy to share it/my sources etc...

Some varieties are known to lack a solid pith, This is kind of just a weird thing in the plant word. The Xylem and the Phloem, The two main vascular systems in charge of transporting water and salts up through the plant via osmotic action. As for the lack of the pith I have no idea why it isnt there, Im sure genetic testing etc would help us figure that out. It could be water deficit or salt deficit too.

I dont know if this has anything relevent but this article goes more in depth with how water uptake works and this is why you should never let your media dry...

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

I'm always happy to share information with you guys if you need it, I right papers on this stuff all the time and I'm rather happy to share it/my sources etc...

Some varieties are known to lack a solid pith, This is kind of just a weird thing in the plant word. The Xylem and the Phloem, The two main vascular systems in charge of transporting water and salts up through the plant via osmotic action. As for the lack of the pith I have no idea why it isnt there, Im sure genetic testing etc would help us figure that out. It could be water deficit or salt deficit too.

I dont know if this has anything relevent but this article goes more in depth with how water uptake works and this is why you should never let your media dry...

Chobble

I lied. Its genetic. We know why its there. I have to find more info on it but I know its something that randomly shows up in a lot of plants.

Chobble

J

Jalisco Kid

Always posts interesting ideas/studies as long as something backs it up. I love to read all ideas even if I strongly disagree with them. JK

Top Bottom