The MPB Flush

• Thread starter chrometrichs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chrometrichs

chrometrichs

When it comes to flushing your mpb, whats your style? what products are you using? how long are you flushing?

team mpb represent...:friday:

HG23

HG23

You've probably already read this in the nute thread but Ill put it up here so others can see:

every leaf will be brown and crispy if you go 7 days mate. All my gardens dont even get straight ph water anymore. The last 5 days i run 500 ppm's of bloom a & b.
theres to much light to run plain water. All my patients cant beleive, some still dont beleive that i run hydro, they say its the best tasting organic.... lol

dds

Ive also heard DD say he switches to connoiusseur after four weeks so I wonder if he uses 500ppm of that or just regular bloom. I'm also interested to hear what other people have done.

By the way chrome, hows your MPB setup coming along, Im assuming by this post its damn near flush time? I noticed its been a minute since you updated the thread.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

When it comes to flushing your mpb, whats your style? what products are you using? how long are you flushing?

team mpb represent...:friday:

Chrometrichs,
don't know if you are speaking of the flush at the end of flowering, or the flushing you should be doing according to DDS between each nute change. Here's DDS on nute change flushes....

I dont clean buckets until harvest time. What is it you need to clean up bro?

When its time to change res (Once a week for 1st 4 weeks) I completely drain the system and refill it with fresh ph'd water. I let that run in the system for 2 hours.
Drain the system and do the same again for 4 hours. Refill the sytem with fresh water again. Then i add the nutes.

dds

D

doubleds

Hi Guys

There really isnt 2 much to flush, a basket with a 6 inch cube and hydroton surrounding it.

My flush each week at res change.

I empty my main res as soon as the lights turn off. I refill with plain old water and ph to 6.5-6.7. I turn the system on and the drippers. I let this run from 2 hours to 10 hours depending on my schedule that day. 2 hours before lights come on add my nutes that way the system will have a perfect mix of nutes/ph as soon as the lights come on.

My flush add flower end

There isnt really a flush per say. The week b4 i harvest i drain the system, fill and ph and let run and drip for a full 10 hours. ( if my ppm metre is showing over 300 ppm after 2 hours then i empty and fill the system again) my water is 7.8 ph and 70 ppm out of the tap. I would then run the system until 2 hours b4 lights on and add only bloom a & b up to 500 ppm/400 ppm until harvest. There is so much light that anything less than that, the leaves will go crunchy brown in a couple days.

dds

K

krunchbubble

Premium Member
Supporter
im surprised no one used drip clean by h@g with the mpb system. with it, there is NO NEED TO FLUSH. creates an ionic bond with the salts, making it impossible to build up, been running drip clean for over a year now.

what do you guys think about running drip clean in mpb's?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I empty my main res as soon as the lights turn off. I refill with plain old water and ph to 6.5-6.7. I turn the system on and the drippers. I let this run from 2 hours to 10 hours depending on my schedule that day. 2 hours before lights come on add my nutes that way the system will have a perfect mix of nutes/ph as soon as the lights come on.

dds

DDS,
I am stoked to hear from the honorable master of the MPB!:rauch08:

Just to get it straight, you are only using one batch of PH'd water to flush,
then you add new nutrients to that same water?

Also, with my setup that I am building, I am looking at about 17 gal in each of 5 containers,
and I am planning on a res that can hold up to 69 gallons.

I assume since I will not be able to hold the entire nute batch in the res, then for nute and PH adjustment you just fill with water, gradually PH, then add the nutes, all while running the circulation pump?

Or, would it just be better use a 100 gal res and drain the MPB's completely,
and then mix a new batch just in the bigger res.

Thanks. You have been truly an inspiration to all of us.
-TF:evilgrin0013:

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

By the way chrome, hows your MPB setup coming along, Im assuming by this post its damn near flush time? I noticed its been a minute since you updated the thread.

Ya, I'm slacking on thread updates, I'll get some more pics up in there soon. I'm very happy with how things are looking....

what do you guys think about running drip clean in mpb's?

I've been using drip clean for a couple years now and love it. Hydroponic herb farmers I know that supply local restaurants swear by drip clean, and it's why I started using it.

Hi Guys

There really isnt 2 much to flush, a basket with a 6 inch cube and hydroton surrounding it.

My flush add flower end

There isnt really a flush per say. The week b4 i harvest i drain the system, fill and ph and let run and drip for a full 10 hours. ( if my ppm metre is showing over 300 ppm after 2 hours then i empty and fill the system again) my water is 7.8 ph and 70 ppm out of the tap. I would then run the system until 2 hours b4 lights on and add only bloom a & b up to 500 ppm/400 ppm until harvest. There is so much light that anything less than that, the leaves will go crunchy brown in a couple days.

dds

Hey dds,

I remember from some of yours and others harvest shots how crispy the fan leaves seemed to get at the end. My plants, though near the end, are still green and lush, hardly any yellowing. Is this a sign I've carried too much nitrogen through flowering or should I be expecting a rapid decline from green to yellow that last week or so?

Also, what are your thoughts on co2 levels the last few weeks?

Welcome back from vacation btw, hope it was a good one....

CT

Y

YoungDro

Ya, I'm slacking on thread updates, I'll get some more pics up in there soon. I'm very happy with how things are looking....

I've been using drip clean for a couple years now and love it. Hydroponic herb farmers I know that supply local restaurants swear by drip clean, and it's why I started using it.

Hey dds,

I remember from some of yours and others harvest shots how crispy the fan leaves seemed to get at the end. My plants, though near the end, are still green and lush, hardly any yellowing. Is this a sign I've carried too much nitrogen through flowering or should I be expecting a rapid decline from green to yellow that last week or so?

Also, what are your thoughts on co2 levels the last few weeks?

Welcome back from vacation btw, hope it was a good one....

CT

I think week 7 -after peak weeks, he drops co2 to 1000ppms...

Top Bottom