The NEW ePapillon 1000w

• Thread starter indogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billyboat

Billyboat

The DE bulbs need to run "hot" to hit the par #'s. This is why the air passed through a chamber and not over the bulb. I plan on running them open to see
What the difference is. If it's big I will replace the glass and air cool them. I run 40k bloom rooms on a flip and really hate cleaning glass. If I where to get the boss and not hit the par #'s I would have to order another 40hoods .

In the reflector test they do par numbers with and without the glass..and without the glass was better and the inside of the boss is the same as the ac/de...they are the same reflector, just w/o air cooling. I don't see why you would run the glass just to heat the bulb up, to maintain par, both the epap and gavita are open hoods...

I run 36 adjust a wings, never clean any glass. Hence why I was curious why you went acde instead of the boss. The boss is a little less expensive and also lighter.

I feel your pain, 36-40 hoods is a large investment.

Are you doing the new e series gavita? Monster gardens will have the pre orders in, in June.

DO IT

DO IT

I went with the new ballast from power box they had good test results on the par. Send me a link so I can check those hoods out

DO IT

DO IT

I just found out that Phillips is discontinued the Phillips Master Green Power plus HPS. My buddy says a rep told him they don't want to deal with hobby growers just commercial. His supplier has 3000 left in stock so I ordered 100 of them. I'm also going to roll the dice and go with the Boss reflectors.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I just found out that Phillips is discontinued the Phillips Master Green Power plus HPS. My buddy says a rep told him they don't want to deal with hobby growers just commercial. His supplier has 3000 left in stock so I ordered 100 of them. I'm also going to roll the dice and go with the Boss reflectors.

That's interesting news, I wonder if they will discontinue the epap?

Keep us posted on the boss, as I'm ordering them as well. I'm waiting on the e series gavita so I can use the gavita el2's automatic diming and I don't need timers or a powerbox , just a subpanel running all the ballasts...

Are you planning on using the flipbox to flip your de setup? Or individual ballast per light?

DO IT

DO IT

I'm going with the flip system 2 bloom rooms 20k each. Flip box's and the new DPC-24000 with power box ballasts will be running the bloom rooms. In the veg it will be 9 umbrellas like I always run. If you have the space I would get to flipin just build out the second room and double up with the same power consumption.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I was told The electrical components of the flipbox aren't designed for 400v, I was told there are no currently available flips that can support the 400v bulbs.

Which leads me to wonder that the powerbox ballast might fire the bulb but is it sending 400v to it, and is the spectrum the Same as the de designed gavita ballast?

I already run flipboxes and such with the normal blubs.

W

Last edited:
DO IT

DO IT

I just sent them an email to find out. I think they would of said something if it wasn't possible. I just ordered 35 ballast, 1 DPC-24000 and 2 LSM-24 for my new set up.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I just sent them an email to find out. I think they would of said something if it wasn't possible. I just ordered 35 ballast, 1 DPC-24000 and 2 LSM-24 for my new set up.

I was told that by a gavita rep while at one of their gardening expos....that their ballasts were not compatible with current flips, due to that 400v thing.

But if you can flip em, that really makes my life easier!

I'm not saying that the powerbox gear won't work, in fact I really hope it does as it solves a lot of issues.

What's the ac setup gonna be for those 20k rooms?
Are you gonna do 2 5 tons and zone control them between both rooms, so you get day and night cooling?

DO IT

DO IT

No I run 2 5t per room and 1 5t for my veg room. I run 1 unit 10* difference from the other so my day temp will always be 10* hotter then my night temp. As I go along in bloom I go dropping them both just keeping the 10* difference. They tested the ballast out with the Phillips and got the par out of them with their ballast. I think the gavita rep was just doing his job. It might be that the gavita ballast doesn't work with the flip system but I think power box would make it so they did. I will let you know tomorrow wha they said.

Billyboat

Billyboat

No I run 2 5t per room and 1 5t for my veg room. I run 1 unit 10* difference from the other so my day temp will always be 10* hotter then my night temp. As I go along in bloom I go dropping them both just keeping the 10* difference. They tested the ballast out with the Phillips and got the par out of them with their ballast. I think the gavita rep was just doing his job. It might be that the gavita ballast doesn't work with the flip system but I think power box would make it so they did. I will let you know tomorrow wha they said.

Appreciate it brotha! I'm on the same de kick as you are. Outfitting a new spot and retro fitting the old hps! So knowledge is power.

DO IT

DO IT

I have a buddy that owns a store and you wouldn't believe the orders he is getting for the DE's from all the commercial guy's. I spoke with him today and he told me that his supplier had 10k bulbs left last week and when he checked inventory today he only had 3k left. He said I better stock up before their all gone. I also want to yank all my magnums out of my old spot and put up DE's so I ordered 100 just to be safe.

DO IT

DO IT

I sent power box an email and this was the response......

Hey I wanted to ask if the DE bulbs could be ran on the flip with out a problem??

No problem at all - but you should power down the ballasts between flips just to be safe. For instance, if flip is at 8am & 8pm, ballasts power down at 7:55 and back up at 8:05.

Timer programming as follows: (for an example of 8&8 flip time - in military time.

POWERBOX - 2 timer programs
P1 ON: 8:05 Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
P1 OFF: 19:55

P2 ON: 20:05 Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
P2 OFF: 7:55

FLIPBOX - 1 program as usual
P1 ON: 8:00 Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
P1 OFF: 20:00

By the way, our ballast drive DE's perfectly - no flickering or pulsating.

Later,

J

One more thing did you guys test the par out of the DE with you ballast?? Thanks

We haven't personally tested the par - but I think monster gardens did with a DE in their video on our ballast. I'll have to check on that

Ok let me know.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Powerboxes are able to run gavitas just fine,they are 240v also,the bump to 400v occurs in the ballast itself.I beleive gavitas issue was flipping 1 ballast for 2 lights/rooms with a flipbox like we traditionally think about it,whether thats true or not i dont know but wazzup gave that info.Now if you used a dual zone controller like this one, each side having its own ballasts for each light no problem at all,this is how i was doing it.
At any rate the new e-series ballasts and master controllers seem to be the future,the new controller is badass and attaches to each ballast with just a phone cord.As far as bulbs i think gavita along with a bunch of others will either be making their own DE bulbs or maybe even contracting them through philips,it just seems philips doesnt want their name to be associated with cannabis growing but it would be stupid of them to throw that whole market away completely.I dont think philips is going to quit making DE bulbs,they have TONNAGE in commercial greenhouses they just dont wanna sell to our market.

Last edited:
Top Bottom