The New Spot.chat Shit,show Ya Pics.

• Thread starter keiksweat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm skipping past the 80 messages before this and just hitting "post." Don't know if you've got this sorted out or not yet.
Helped me out at first . Hope all well in the mountains
High desert now, my friend! Officially a resident of Yucca Valley. I am now within shouting distance of The Integratron, and at least a couple hundred miles away from that storm that's supposed to be hitting the PNW/NorCal.
My well water starts off at 7.7ph and 325 ppm mostly calcium
Ok, gotta stop you there first. If you already know that it's Ca that's driving your pH up, then we know that it's CaCO3 (calcium carbonate). You cannot rely on that form of Ca for your plants.
i lower the ph to 6.6 and when feeding the ppms get up to 1.3k. I use dirt pot soft pots with promix bx, advanced nutes under 1k hps with uv t5 supplmental lights.
I personally would like to see your pH range a bit lower given that you're not growing in true soil, but rather a soilless mix. I can't recall, have you tried pushing the pH down towards 6?
The temps get down to 65 at night and 75 with lights on. Rh is 50 hardly ever lower sometimes higher for an hr or 2 until i empty the dehumidfier. I have just raised temp to 68 at night today as my light are on during the night and I'm going to lower ph to 6 and get a runoff reading tomorrow. Tomorrow is a feeding day i norm don't ph the feed because after i mix it up it's at 6.6. I tried 5.8-6ph in veg and it didn't go very well the runoff got down to 4.5-4.8 ( i was using the dye testing there).
A slurry method using a meter is going to be more helpful for you here, as colorimetric titrated drops aren't going to allow you real accuracy. If money is an issue, consider getting those pH strips, often used to test urine, etc. (Btw, they can also be used to test plant sap pH.)
I am fairly new to phing (about 7 months) but the bx looks, and holds water like dirt with perilite so i figured 2 day water schedule was better than runoff and to use the soil ph chart. right now they both are taking 1g every 2 days. When i feed i use original jungle juice 3 part base and add the booster (ignitor for 2 weeks booster till 4 weeks out then overdrive til 2 weeks out). My water days i give ad rhino skin, carbo load, and b 52 (b52 after buds form) and ph them down to 6.6 with a ppm 410.
That's not really a 'water' day, you're feeding. Drop the EC. I'll be honest, you've got a lot going on with regard to the feeding regimen there, too, and you're using products I'm not familiar with. Drop the Carbo Load for now, IIRC it's sugar, and there's nothing else that I see that suggests you're feeding microbes here, just the plants.
In veg feed only base nutes and on water days i add b52 ph 6.6 it's a perpetual grow harv every1.2 weeks. ok i hope that's enough info. what should i do increase temps and lower ph with feed or should i make it another water day? and whatever other changes you might see i need to do in this book lol. Thank you!
Lower pH, I feel 65*F at night isn't too cool but raising it won't hurt a whole lot either. However, also raise the daytime temps to about 78*F if you can, get that 10* swing between day and night that so many indoor growers have observed is better, is what I would do here.

If, after doing that, you see the K- isn't correcting, then it's time to add some kelp or similar K component. Give it a week or so. Sorry for not responding earlier, migraines take me OUT.

Buddaone1

Buddaone1

you be careful mate,try turning em off when your in there...real dangerous amounts of uv radiation comes off them.especially the 10.0uvb ,so I'm told.thats the tube I've got hanging too.
I norm go in right after all lights are off

mancdank

mancdank

no...not you too.oh,you've ruined the mental picture I had of you.lol.you was some Liam Gallagher ,lookalike,in a hoodie with shades n a gangster limp.hehehe...only joking son..i know there's no gangsters in Manchester.lol.
Lol no bro it's all friendly suburbs :)

Buddaone1

Buddaone1

I'm skipping past the 80 messages before this and just hitting "post." Don't know if you've got this sorted out or not yet.

High desert now, my friend! Officially a resident of Yucca Valley. I am now within shouting distance of The Integratron, and at least a couple hundred miles away from that storm that's supposed to be hitting the PNW/NorCal.

Ok, gotta stop you there first. If you already know that it's Ca that's driving your pH up, then we know that it's CaCO3 (calcium carbonate). You cannot rely on that form of Ca for your plants.

I personally would like to see your pH range a bit lower given that you're not growing in true soil, but rather a soilless mix. I can't recall, have you tried pushing the pH down towards 6?

A slurry method using a meter is going to be more helpful for you here, as colorimetric titrated drops aren't going to allow you real accuracy. If money is an issue, consider getting those pH strips, often used to test urine, etc. (Btw, they can also be used to test plant sap pH.)

That's not really a 'water' day, you're feeding. Drop the EC. I'll be honest, you've got a lot going on with regard to the feeding regimen there, too, and you're using products I'm not familiar with. Drop the Carbo Load for now, IIRC it's sugar, and there's nothing else that I see that suggests you're feeding microbes here, just the plants.

Lower pH, I feel 65*F at night isn't too cool but raising it won't hurt a whole lot either. However, also raise the daytime temps to about 78*F if you can, get that 10* swing between day and night that so many indoor growers have observed is better, is what I would do here.

If, after doing that, you see the K- isn't correcting, then it's time to add some kelp or similar K component. Give it a week or so. Sorry for not responding earlier, migraines take me OUT.
Well i did a runoff test with 6.1 phed 420ppm water and it tested out at 1945 ppms and 5.8 ph i did it with ph meter and drops to make sure one wasn't off. Then i ran 8gs of reg water til i got my ppms down to the 800s then gave her a 1/2g 1/4 strength feed and sucked the runoff dry. I raised the ac to 69 at night and it gets to 72 with the lights on. The ac doesnt have the miltiple settings for dif times. And np i understand. The carbo load is basically just sugar. No microbials but i have seen increased resin production using it. I can cut it out. I'll update periodically as i see changes or lack thereof. Thank you for your help

keiksweat

keiksweat

Always glad to hear from you sea,hows the desert life treating you?hope you got all your aquaponics,and animals feeling bk at home.sorry to hear of the migranes.they really sap the life out of ya when they feel like coming on.hope your better anyway.thanks again sea.
Keiks....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Every thing and every one seems to be doing very well, thank you for asking. :) The laying hens are picking on the new flock, but that'll be over once they're in the stock pot.

keiksweat

keiksweat

expe
Well i did a runoff test with 6.1 phed 420ppm water and it tested out at 1945 ppms and 5.8 ph i did it with ph meter and drops to make sure one wasn't off. Then i ran 8gs of reg water til i got my ppms down to the 800s then gave her a 1/2g 1/4 strength feed and sucked the runoff dry. I raised the ac to 69 at night and it gets to 72 with the lights on. The ac doesnt have the miltiple settings for dif times. And np i understand. The carbo load is basically just sugar. No microbials but i have seen increased resin production using it. I can cut it out. I'll update periodically as i see changes or lack thereof. Thank you for your help
Expensive mollasses...i get a big bucket full,food grade.£12

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

is that were your at?dab bar!man,cant even imagine that.maybe in Amsterdam,hopefully one day.not likely though.we Brits are really backward ,when it comes to moving forward....no problem selling 8.4% beer at every corner shop.frosty jack white cider.£1 a litre.but relaxing with some herb...big no no...fucking hypocrisy man.
My bitch all the time bro

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

IMG 9935
@keiksweat 1st lot swimming acrosss

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

@Seamaiden thank u for stopping by and what you do with in the community...Question for ya....been cruisng around the threads for using powder milk in the regiment....any experience using it? Thanks in advance....
EmZee

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

@keiksweat are ya standing there looking @ dem Tombs crystals ya mentioned earlier?!?! Yea man thats how they do...wait till ya think she is done and one more time she will give ya a show
Second run on these lovely ladies should be one show to watch....ole Zilla is up to no good as usual.....searching for them genetics mate! Ok pal....I got the sniffles and is home from work....thats my story and I am sticking to it

Top Bottom