The new "Stupid Questions" Thread!

• Thread starter Mr Withershed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

Oh I've got another, I thought of just now looking at the ads on here, similar to the potency question about oil, Ive have seen these wildly frosty white plants, and my first thought is, "Man! That looks like some good shit!" But are these frosty looking plants really more potent? And what exactly am I looking at? Am I looking at shit loads of Trichs or just some kinda hairs, lmao Ive never had the opportunity to grow or be around any live plants, so dont laugh to hard..I know thats a really stupid one, brings me back to the days of smokin outa Dr. Thunder cans.

It's less stupid than you probably feel asking that question- more frost is almost always better. You can think of growing good medicinal herb as being something of a 'trichome wrangler'. We grow the plant, but we don't want it. All we want from the plant is the oil secreted from its surface. We just create- and with luck, maintain- the right conditions for the plant to exude this oil, and then we harvest when the oil is at its peak, not necessarily the plant.

Mr Withershed

Mr Withershed

Okay so those are trichomes I am seeing! And you say at its peak, like it begins to taper back off? so does thc degrade? I mean of course at some point the plant will wither and die and it will no longer be good, but does THC begin to spoil, or biosynthesize into some other chemical for use in the plant? If so how fast? I would think not because ive found some very old bud and it still got me more than high enough, but I think maybe it only happens before its cured and such..

squiggly

squiggly

Oh I've got another, I thought of just now looking at the ads on here, similar to the potency question about oil, Ive have seen these wildly frosty white plants, and my first thought is, "Man! That looks like some good shit!" But are these frosty looking plants really more potent? And what exactly am I looking at? Am I looking at shit loads of Trichs or just some kinda hairs, lmao Ive never had the opportunity to grow or be around any live plants, so dont laugh to hard..I know thats a really stupid one, brings me back to the days of smokin outa Dr. Thunder cans.

If they grow out of the leaf, they are trichs.

It doesn't always mean they are more potent, but generally it does.

Okay so those are trichomes I am seeing! And you say at its peak, like it begins to taper back off? so does thc degrade? I mean of course at some point the plant will wither and die and it will no longer be good, but does THC begin to spoil, or biosynthesize into some other chemical for use in the plant? If so how fast? I would think not because ive found some very old bud and it still got me more than high enough, but I think maybe it only happens before its cured and such..

THC degrades in light, it does degrade faster before it's been dried.

ttystikk

ttystikk

To add to Squiggly's comments above, the only way I know to *directly* influence the amount of trichs on the plant is to use a light source with UVB. I would mess with that only after you've gotten a few successful runs under your belt.

Mr Withershed

Mr Withershed

I have recently developed a method to determine the cause of abnormal growth with a simple taste test. All I need are the proper consents, release forms,and billing information.
-Dr. Augustus P. Withershed

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Have you heard the saying bring out the colors or bring out the dank well my question is can the oil be in the vegetation also or just on the surface and can that plant be potent even if its not oily on surface hence the bomb bud that's not impressive visually

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Some plants I think but of course not all bud is like or could be like that

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Have you put down smells anywhere I don't think read anywhere about it lol... My winded version of what kind of smells are you getting?

Mr Withershed

Mr Withershed

Okay I have two, first, were the are the threads on hiding power usage? Second, why does this thread now show the number of replies as - - and last message N/A ? Is my thread being taken down or moved or something?

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

I cut off a branch and saw this....is this a flower? Does this mean hermie?[/quote said:
THAT'S WHAT A HERMIE LOOKS LIKE!!!!! thanks .... I have ... er had, been wondering!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom