The Old School Skunk conversation

• Thread starter Chad.Westport
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St.Rainman

St.Rainman

Hi, Im new here online but Ive been browsing these forums for years and was an old member of overgrow and cannabisworld, have shopped from thcbay have tested for motarebel and a few others from those old forums and auctions like dman and fet. Ive been working on some skunk lines from everything Ive kept skunky from over the years from old marc emery stuff to psychosis, shoreline, strains brought from washington in the 90s from my dad, skunk #1 from the 90s, rene, purple skunk, fourway, old lemon skunk. Ive been isolating and breeding different phenos for some time. There are a few ive lost 15 years ago or so that I really miss but still have some real quality and old school ones and still am on the search to try others versions and see if I can find some close to ones ive lost. None of the companies Ive tried lately have matched in similarity or power in comparison to the stenches Ive gotten from my crosses yet but Im still looking for ones to compare because Ive been considering making them available to the public soon for those still on the search for some different old school crosses equal in odor level but unique to uk cheese scents and flavors. I have a little collection im working through and still developing but have some solid original lines at the moment.

Dye

Dye

Hi, Im new here online but Ive been browsing these forums for years and was an old member of overgrow and cannabisworld, have shopped from thcbay have tested for motarebel and a few others from those old forums and auctions like dman and fet. Ive been working on some skunk lines from everything Ive kept skunky from over the years from old marc emery stuff to psychosis, shoreline, strains brought from washington in the 90s from my dad, skunk #1 from the 90s, rene, purple skunk, fourway, old lemon skunk. Ive been isolating and breeding different phenos for some time. There are a few ive lost 15 years ago or so that I really miss but still have some real quality and old school ones and still am on the search to try others versions and see if I can find some close to ones ive lost. None of the companies Ive tried lately have matched in similarity or power in comparison to the stenches Ive gotten from my crosses yet but Im still looking for ones to compare because Ive been considering making them available to the public soon for those still on the search for some different old school crosses equal in odor level but unique to uk cheese scents and flavors. I have a little collection im working through and still developing but have some solid original lines at the moment.

I was hanging out back then too during the emery days, did the USA extradite him what ever happen?
He was big news king of pot right?
Do you remember heavens gate seed bank I used them back then and emery.

St.Rainman

St.Rainman

I was hanging out back then too during the emery days, did the USA extradite him what ever happen?
He was big news king of pot right?
Do you remember heavens gate seed bank I used them back then and emery.
Ok cool, good vibes. Im not really sure, I think I remember him doing a few years and they let him go or extradited him. Yea he did a special on mtv and he was movin pretty heavy so it probably got him some unwanted attention. Most def, I remember Heaven's stairway they were my first site and best I had come across when i was just getting into varieties and their auction sight too but a lot of the elders I knew with high grade named stuff got their gear from Emery and high times ads or on trips abroad before I got into it.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

There are a handful of breeders out there right now that are claiming they have the real deal RKS. I know Riot said he has it but last I checked he was charging upwards of $500 for it. I have heard many negative things about Riot as a person not the strain so I have no idea if his skunk strain is legit. I have been on this skunk hunt myself for a few years and mostly what I gather is a lot of hype and wasted money for meager results. There is another guy that claims he has it I think the name is Natures Farm or something like that he claims he has the original 1969 Uncle Festers Sunk from the Hells Angels. A ton of people did grow reports and to my knowledge not many people got real skunk. I did roll the dice on a new one recently its called Authentic Genetics they have a 1988 skunk #1 that they released its supposed to be real legit skunk seed stock that has only been grown out a few times since 1988. Supposedly uncrossed with any more recent fruity strains so it maintains the original pungent skunk profile. I bought a pack a handful of months ago and Im running it right now for the first time Im 2 weeks into flower. We will see how it comes out many people I came across online said Authentic Genetics has great stuff and his prices are reasonable. I also bought his Northern Lights #5 which is supposedly derived from the original stock from the original creator of the cultivar. Im running that next we will see how they come out.

St.Rainman

St.Rainman

There are a handful of breeders out there right now that are claiming they have the real deal RKS. I know Riot said he has it but last I checked he was charging upwards of $500 for it. I have heard many negative things about Riot as a person not the strain so I have no idea if his skunk strain is legit. I have been on this skunk hunt myself for a few years and mostly what I gather is a lot of hype and wasted money for meager results. There is another guy that claims he has it I think the name is Natures Farm or something like that he claims he has the original 1969 Uncle Festers Sunk from the Hells Angels. A ton of people did grow reports and to my knowledge not many people got real skunk. I did roll the dice on a new one recently its called Authentic Genetics they have a 1988 skunk #1 that they released its supposed to be real legit skunk seed stock that has only been grown out a few times since 1988. Supposedly uncrossed with any more recent fruity strains so it maintains the original pungent skunk profile. I bought a pack a handful of months ago and Im running it right now for the first time Im 2 weeks into flower. We will see how it comes out many people I came across online said Authentic Genetics has great stuff and his prices are reasonable. I also bought his Northern Lights #5 which is supposedly derived from the original stock from the original creator of the cultivar. Im running that next we will see how they come out.
Yea man good luck on the search and results. I had some real rks in canada in like 08. I had never really smelt a skunk before except when I was young once but I had just gotten the strain that day, I dont even remember the name but i do remember thinking it was some variation of kush or hashplant because that was the norm I was getting. Anyway a skunk sprayed outside and I thought it was like an op of the same herb getting busted or moved or something until I found out it was just a skunk. I remember that smelling like cloves and tea tree oil with garlic and burnt rubber. Now the time I smelt it before was like on the highway and it for some reason smelt exactly like what I remember the skunk weed back home smelt like and thought like oh yeah wheres it at🤤. I remembered it having a completely different smell, this like sour limey piney strong body odor smell like the best diesel ive smelled to other funky dank strains that smelt similar but more loud and like dank old fruity shit or rotten veggies mixed with coffee in trash. I liked the dank baby poo smell on some god bud I got up there too. W

Reactions: Dye
Dye

Dye

Ok cool, good vibes. Im not really sure, I think I remember him doing a few years and they let him go or extradited him. Yea he did a special on mtv and he was movin pretty heavy so it probably got him some unwanted attention. Most def, I remember Heaven's stairway they were my first site and best I had come across when i was just getting into varieties and their auction sight too but a lot of the elders I knew with high grade named stuff got their gear from Emery and high times ads or on trips abroad before I got into it.
Yea that’s it heavens stairway, my first too.

Dye

Dye

As big businesses takes over these genetics will sky rocket on the black market.
My mind pay once, you have a plant for life. How much would I pay. Depends on the day I guess.
Curious about the northern lights have some myself I have not tried, been dying for some northern lights.
Been awhile. Only so much growing time we can deal with successfully ha ha ha

Dye

Dye

As big businesses takes over these genetics will sky rocket on the black market.
My mind pay once, you have a plant for life. How much would I pay. Depends on the day I guess.
Curious about the northern lights have some myself I have not tried, been dying for some northern lights.
Been awhile. Only so much growing time we can deal with successfully ha ha ha

Last time I grew NL I saved the last bud in one of those old black film canisters.
Found it on my work bench in the garage. Wow great smoke!
Probably 10 to 15 years ago, never forgot that day wow. Good smoke!

I checked them out authentic, grab the skunk #1
I have a older skunk mazar I been growing maybe good match.
Worth 100 bucks to me to see,

Last edited:
Y

Yojimbosatoshi

Has anyone here ever grown out Yoda's Breath from 808? It's supposed to be roadkill skunk crossed with meat breath. I haven't seen anyone with grow logs on the couple of forums I lurk around or on any of the Reddit grow subs.

St.Rainman

St.Rainman

Ill check out the authentic company and see what they got too. I noticed katsu had a couple crosses also, one with an rks and one with 80s skunk. I grabbed a couple, could be worth checking out but Ive never heard any feedback on them. That mazar skunk sounds really good too Dye. I got a pack of mazar from dp a while back but not far back enough to be considered real old school so I never dropped em. I wouldnt mind to trade some mazar skunk for any of my old time skunks that I have. All have really dank and flavorful phenos in them, from like 2 weeks veg you can notice the funk in em if you touch or brush most phenos. What is your mazar skunk like?

Dye

Dye

Ill check out the authentic company and see what they got too. I noticed katsu had a couple crosses also, one with an rks and one with 80s skunk. I grabbed a couple, could be worth checking out but Ive never heard any feedback on them. That mazar skunk sounds really good too Dye. I got a pack of mazar from dp a while back but not far back enough to be considered real old school so I never dropped em. I wouldnt mind to trade some mazar skunk for any of my old time skunks that I have. All have really dank and flavorful phenos in them, from like 2 weeks veg you can notice the funk in em if you touch or brush most phenos. What is your mazar skunk like?

Only have my clone From seeds I made was back in 2008 somebody sent them to me said old school skunk cross with mazar from
Old man down the road, so I was new at the time with pollen etc lost the male for more pollen but have the female.
She looks like mazar, heavy red hairs. Grows like a compact sativa made for a tent.
Groovy high love the high need to make seeds, I think another skunk cross would be interesting.
It’s also a pretty good body hit on delay.
If not maybe I get a good skunk combo for seeds.
It’s why I would like to cross it with maybe this Skunk#1 to make more seeds this time!

If I get some seeds worth sharing I will look you up brother.

St.Rainman

St.Rainman

Only have my clone From seeds I made was back in 2008 somebody sent them to me said old school skunk cross from
Old man down the road, so I was new at the time with pollen etc lost the male for more pollen but have the female.
She looks like mazar, heavy red hairs. Grows like a compact sativa made for a tent.
Groovy high love the high need to make seeds, I think another skunk cross would be interesting.
It’s also a pretty good body hit on delay.
If not maybe I get a good skunk combo for seeds.
It’s why I would like to cross it with maybe this Skunk#1 to make more seeds this time!

If I have get some seeds worth sharing I will look you up brother.
Wow, sounds pretty nice. Alright my man, I appreciate that for sure. When I get back to my collection, i can send some for you to test also and maybe use in a cross.

Dye

Dye

Wow, sounds pretty nice. Alright my man, I appreciate that for sure. When I get back to my collection, i can send some for you to test also and maybe use in a cross. [/QUOTE

I got into the feminized craze, because of room, ease of grow, circumstances.
But I have always been old school minded.
So when this legalization crap started. I knew go back to regular seeds make your own.

Now I have the room, I fell in love with this skunk/ mazar cross right away.
Seemed like the high I wanted. I have alot of pain, this helps plus the the skunk high.(Sativa)
This is really my first plant I said holy shit have to keep this one.
The seeds were over 10 years old in my refrigerator. Forgot about them.

First seeds I ever made picked a sturdy male with a sturdy female.
Had no idea what I was doing! This plant I believe might be special.
By luck and by keeping it going. She is not done yet.

Dye

Dye

Here is the skunk mazar cross, easy grow easy cloner
Would most likely grow big outside right weather.
B0446A44 629D 4CB9 AB13 A72DC8A96C06

Oh she is very sweet tasting

St.Rainman

St.Rainman

Ok thats whats up, easy growing and cloning is always a good plus and another great thing I remember about the old sk1 I knew from the 90s was how well it grew and hybridized with other strains and landraces. Wow she looks cool like she has some nice afghan skunk in the genes from the leaf structure, kinda similar to some phenos I see in my crosses also. I looked at authentic genetics also, they seem worth a shot. Look forward to seeing it closer to harvest to see how she looks.

St.Rainman

St.Rainman

Ok cool, I know how it is with growing fems, its way more convenient. I do all my hobby breeding and males/female outside where I have more room and inside just a small thing to test certain things that I want to try. Are you thinking to make some feminized seeds from them. Maybe you could even make some s1 stock.

Dye

Dye

Ok cool, I know how it is with growing fems, its way more convenient. I do all my hobby breeding and males/female outside where I have more room and inside just a small thing to test certain things that I want to try. Are you thinking to make some feminized seeds from them. Maybe you could even make some s1 stock.

Never thought of feminized.
Figured I will try authentic’s Skunk #1 see if she crosses nice. I will keep this one going until I do something.
Figured I can not go wrong. I will clone this baby again and again, grow a couple out.
Then see how that skunk #1 is. You know what, real skunk at this point what ever, I just want some decent genetics.
For myself while big business starts putting patents on this stuff.

Dye

Dye

Never thought of feminized.
Figured I will try authentic’s Skunk #1 see if she crosses nice. I will keep this one going until I do something.
Figured I can not go wrong. I will clone this baby again and again, grow a couple out.
Then see how that skunk #1 is. You know what, real skunk at this point what ever, I just want some decent genetics.
For myself while big business starts putting patents on this stuff.
I buy used L’P’s blues records a lot, old rock and roll classics too, getting a first copy is cool.
But a plain deceit copy sometimes works! L’P pressings are different. Sometimes the second pressing is better then the original.sometimes the second pressing is dreadful.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Skunk #1 from authentic genetics.
Todd definitely has solid genetics.
He has also made every one aware there is no guarantee the pheno will be as skunky or even smell like skunk. The particular female plants I flowered did not smell skunk but rather a sweet gassy aroma. Very strong smoke and an exceptionally pleasant high:)
61A02391 D6A9 418F A557 EB68CB7A06C9
13660A82 615D 45CF AFCF 54BB6D6BB00F

Dye

Dye

Skunk #1 from authentic genetics.
Todd definitely has solid genetics.
He has also made every one aware there is no guarantee the pheno will be as skunky or even smell like skunk. The particular female plants I flowered did not smell skunk but rather a sweet gassy aroma. Very strong smoke and an exceptionally pleasant high:)View attachment 1205697View attachment 1205700
That’s what my skunk mazar cross is like exactly sweet great high.
Thanks for the update on Todd’s skunk.

Top Bottom