"the One" Bc1

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

"The One" BC1
The One [Presoviet Kandahar Circa 71 x Thai Stick Circa 76] x [TO x DJ Short Velvet Rush]

Velvet Rush [Blue Thai x Afghan F1]

What is The One?

The One, originally bred by Clackamas Coots or CC, is a perfectly balanced hybrid of two landrace strains. It is sometimes referred to by its genetic combination Thai x Pure Afghan, with its sativa heritage stemming from its Thai background and the Afghaninfluence bringing a thick resinous frosting of trichomes. This specific combination of two cornerstone landrace strains is known to only be available through a select circle of breeders and growers in Oregon.

The one bc1
Organikz

Organikz

That's the story from leafly...close enough. The one came from a BOEL project from the 80s.

It started when coot collected some seeds from the most beautiful plant he had ever seen when in the gulf war. They came from kandahar, Afghanistan. He was an avid seed collector and he had grown the plant a few times. Later a friend bumped into him and he had a killer bag seed from some thai stick. They collectively grew the plant and coot grabbed "the most sativa looking one". Blue orca is the sister to the one. It is the less sativa or the one coot didn't grab. They were reunited later.

A breeder has taken the one and pollinated it with his best 4 picked males from a batch of TO x VR to enhance thai expressions while locking down genetics for future crosses.

"The most sativa looking one" is where the name was coined.

Organikz

Organikz

There is a podcast somewhere(kisorganics maybe?)where jim talks about the one.
Yes i can link it with dialogue. I wish I could edit it. I want to correct also...the one was a male...i believe Jim collected pollen. So it's actually is [Thai stick x Kandahar]. This cross is a match made in heaven and I believe desired old school expressions will be enhanced tremendously.

@Freshone
Thank u sir...dude you need to add more. I can tell you know shit. You seem a knowledgeable gardener. I respect your opinion. Just don't poke me wirh your loaded questions :p

H

hawkman

The One x Panama (Kandahar afghani, thai stick x Panama landrance) (56-65 days) The breeder intentions is to put the Central American line in the Afghani & Thai (reference "seedfinders.eu")

Organikz

Organikz

Yes that was bred by swami and coot. They have done many crosses with the one. They have done projects with BOG even. Cascadian frost is [TO x BMR] x [TO x BMR]. The genetics are solid. It's as good a stabilizer and breeding tool as nl5 which is also a Thai x Afghan cross.

H

hawkman

Yes that was bred by swami and coot. They have done many crosses with the one. They have done projects with BOG even. Cascadian frost is [TO x BMR] x [TO x BMR]. The genetics are solid. It's as good a stabilizer and breeding tool as nl5 which is also a Thai x Afghan cross.
will look at "swami & coot" thanks

Organikz

Organikz

There is another company "Kelp4Less.com" like kisorganics thanks for the info !!
'
I will be honest...the only products I buy from build a soil are the items you need to start...aloe flakes 200x, grow-sil, and coconut powder.

I get all my neem cake and oil from neemresource.com.

I get my barley at the local home brew store. Ask if they have ripped bags.

I get my kelp meal online. #50 Neptune harvest.

H

hawkman

I will be honest...the only products I buy from build a soil are the items you need to start...aloe flakes 200x, grow-sil, and coconut powder.

I get all my neem cake and oil from neemresource.com.

I get my barley at the local home brew store. Ask if they have ripped bags.

I get my kelp meal online. #50 Neptune harvest.
thanks for the info !!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace

Organikz

Organikz

It's not about how many different amendments use it's about the quality of them. I use cold water Nova Scotia kelp meal and cold pressed neem oil and cake.

Obviously if you're familiar with Rosen cold-pressing is always better because you get a more potent final product with less properties being destroyed during the processing

Organikz

Organikz

Thanks for posting the link !
I really enjoy throwing on these podcasts while I work.
I am really interested in making the transition to NT, and this seems right up my alley!
What else are you tuning into?
No till talks by Josh steensland on YouTube.

A great book that even applies to life
"the one straw revolution by masanobu fukuoka"

Top Bottom