The Optimal Strain For Tent Grow?

• Thread starter Rand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rand

Greetings everyone, this is my first post but I've been growing indoors for several years. I had been running the same strain the entire time, always just keeping the chain of clones alive like anyone else. But, recently I took a 6 month hiatus and did not bother to keep any girls alive (it was time to try a different strain anyways) and now I'm wondering what type of seeds to order.

With the strain I was growing before I was pulling about 22 ounces of nice big nugs each run, off of 5 plants in 5 gallon pots. I'm using a really nice hood w/ 1000w mh for veg, hps for bloom, in a 5x5 tent (about 6.5 feet tall). Anyways, I would like to achieve the same results or better with whichever stain I choose. The height restriction is the real problem. I'm just looking for something that dosent like to get to tall and can be scrogged out easily (squat and bushy). Logically, I am looking for the strain that can grow the most buds in the smallest area. Obviously something indica dominant would probably be best, but I'm looking for someone who has tried a specific strain, or a few, perhaps with some good feedback. Any help would be awesome. Thank you!

urban1026835

urban1026835

either a bubba or nice bubba hybrid or s1 would fit your description. I was really impressed with hso bubba fems earlier this year (as were a few other farmers i know that grew it out) yield was nice and the girl stayed about 2.5 ft of cola down to the coco.

william76

william76

either a bubba or nice bubba hybrid or s1 would fit your description. I was really impressed with hso bubba fems earlier this year (as were a few other farmers i know that grew it out) yield was nice and the girl stayed about 2.5 ft of cola down to the coco.
Hso blue dream was good for indoors too,not to much stretch,stinky and potent,with decent yields,76

R

Rand

Yeah the HSO Bubba Kush looks pretty dank. According to the site its supposed to stay short and be a nice buff plant. Thanks guys, ill post results eventually. (If customs dosent gank my beans lol)

urban1026835

urban1026835

Hso blue dream was good for indoors too,not to much stretch,stinky and potent,with decent yields,76
mine (blue dream) blew ass, still out of 3 strains I have ran from them 2 were some great smoke both the bubba and that desert diesel gave me phenos ANY breeder would have been proud of.

urban1026835

urban1026835

Bubba2 3
RSCN0167
Hso bubba day 57
Yeah the HSO Bubba Kush looks pretty dank. According to the site its supposed to stay short and be a nice buff plant. Thanks guys, ill post results eventually. (If customs dosent gank my beans lol)
heres what it looks like from an average grower with a personal grow.

btww not trying to push HSO just my experiences with them and seemed relevant to the thread

Bubba
Bubba3 2
Hso bubba day 57 pic2
R

Rand

View attachment 436251 View attachment 436247 View attachment 436254
heres what it looks like from an average grower with a personal grow.

btww not trying to push HSO just my experiences with them and seemed relevant to the thread
Thanks for the pics man, the node spacing looks like what I want, but that just seems like a small plant though? What size pot and what kind of light did you use? Id like to get at least 3-4 zips per plant in 5 gallon pots under a 1000w HPS. Is HSO bubba capable of growing that large being indica dominant? (Scrogged and topped multiple times of course.) I just want to make sure its optimal. Or would more pots, but smaller pots suit it better? Ex: 9, 3 gallon pots as opposed to 5, 5 gallon?

urban1026835

urban1026835

it was only in a 1 gallon pot almost 2 zips under a 600 and i am by no means a master farmer. I am guessing though if I ran it again and went with a 2-3 gallon and an extra week or so of veg I would have easily cleared 3+ and could fit 6 or more comfortably in my setup.

plus with the extra wattage your thinking. As for is the hso bubba capable I only have my experience but sure others can chime in with this or other bubba dom s1 and x's and how better to get to what your aiming at.

IMO though I would think it is an attainable goal (3-4 per)

and if i didnt mention I am in coco/perlite that run was using the head/res/lucas formula

urban1026835

urban1026835

choose an indica variety. nice and predictable, lil to no stretch and very trainable. little bonsai!!!

hso blue dream stayed short for you? no keepers here. im trying the REM from Sin City and its not looking good. weird tall growth, super frosty but no blueberry or haze smells yet.
no my hso blue dream SUCKED I made all concentrate with it and gave it away. All haze foxtailed mess and not even a potent one. The plant up there was just a bubba freebie from the promo last year

william76

william76

the blue dreams i messed with would be horrible for a tent. horrible for 7 foot ceilings too
Maybe I got lucky,mines was an attitude freebie,i got hso bd,tw and chemdog,the bd was short,wide,potent and stinky with a good yield,the tw as well was good too, indoors slightly lower yield,slightly more potent,chem never popped,as I say maybe I was lucky,it was one seed of each,there not clone only but there decent,easy to grow indoors too,ime,keep on growing,76

william76

william76

BTW @Rand didn't mean for the thread to get derailed. My apologies
Apollo 13 f4 is a decent strain for a tent,big yields,potent,quick finishing and stretch isn't too much,or whitefire alien is also good very little stretch in the phenos I tried,both are good at spreading out wide filling your canopy without stretching,especially when topped,good luck whatever you go with,all the best,76

R

Rand

Its all good Urban, I'm enjoying all the info. If you managed that much with just a 1 gal pot n a 600w, then it should be perfect. Might even be able to pull 4-5 per plant ^_^. How many days did you flower her for for? (the HSO Bubba that is)

urban1026835

urban1026835

no longer then 63, pretty sure it was 63 but I coulda took her a few days earlier.

R

Rand

Word, well I look forward to trying out the bubba, just waiting on the beans. Here's a few pics of the last harvest, referring to the beginning of the thread (honestly not sure of the true name of the strain) but, based on what I have heard the bubba should be able to produce much more.

5'x5'x6.5' | Fox Farm/Just Right soil blend | all General Organic Nutes n RO water | 1000w Mh veg / 1000w HPS bloom | only did four 7 gal pots on this one:

(my apologies for the picture quality)
D1 D2 D3 D5 084 1270

Last edited:
Top Bottom