The "perfect" or "closed" room

• Thread starter Reeferman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluejay

Not to mention the smell of the grow room is contained within itself and the vented heated light air should be clean and only slightly detectable and ozone in that closed loop would eliminate any small scent from air leaking around the glass on the hoods etc...

It just makes more sense all around but if you are constructing your room for the long haul.do it right boys...

fluffygrrrl

fluffygrrrl

I wish I was handy

Great read! If one reads closely one can see with a little extra effort on the electrical design one can save a ton on equipment expenses. I think i'll be designing that flip-flop system for my upcoming expansion......8-1k ballasts operating 16 lamps. Fortunately for myself I've got years of experience wiring relays, contactors etc. I'll post some pics when its done.....Another one of those "Damn why didnt i think of that" moments!

Hey Cheyenne, did you ever wire up a flip flop system? If you do, I need step by step instructions.

I love this idea. But the lung room sounds too complicated for me to understand, I wish I knew someone who could do this for me. I currently have a sealed room except for air cooling the lights. Did ok with heat until this summer. Want to watercool. Have another room and need to expand so I want to try the flip flop sytem. I need more info on this though, as I'm not that good at figuring out stuff like this. I'm trying to find more info on watercooling, instead of having to buy a 2k chiller,you use a heat exchanger underground, like a geo thermal system. That is supposed to be very efficient and pays for itself in a few years. Also wondering if you could install a gray water tank underground and use that water to cool with.
Does anyone have any links so I can do this right?

F

fido

this stuff is way over my head...
im backing away slowly
and ill come back in 6 months
when i am not as green in this as i am now.
lol.

take care guys
fido

BluntMazter86

BluntMazter86

That shit is pretty damn interesting and it makes so much since. I will be thinking about this for a while.. :)-'

F

fido

re-read it in the morning.
its more clear to me now what you are saying.
it is a very elegant design/thought process.
everybody is bringing wonderful ideas.
ok.
gonna sip a sprite
chill and get back to reading.
thanks guys

fido from philly

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

sealed rooms are the only way! you just have to be taught properly how to build them...once i went sealed i never went back!

B

Bobby Smith

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like this technique forces you to have matching parameters for both rooms; i.e., there's no way to say "Room A which has lights on can be at 80F and 60%RH, but Room B which is dark right now should be at 72F and 50%RH."

Does anyone else not see that, or am I missing something really obvious?

C

Cannibis Cajun

im saving for a sealed room and to do the mpb rdwc setup dd has designed oh and the room. lol 50k?

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

So I want to build 2 flower rooms 12x20 inside a large warehouse. What size would my lung room need to be and am i better off just popping a controller in each room vs building this additional room?

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
The way I have it setup is the 'lung' room is cooled by the ac. Each flower room is next to the lung room. Each flower room IS controlled by it's own thermostat and humidifier/dehumidifier. As one room needs to be cooled, it pulls air from the lung(in my case, it sucks hot air out of flower and dumps into lung, while passively pulling cool air in from 'lung'.

Hopefully, your lung will be at least the size of the room you want to cool- I think the post recommended twice the size.

I don't think I can ever go back to doing it another way- once you have your equipment sized right, you can really control whats going on.

PB

Dutchdaisy

Dutchdaisy

My room is sealed from April to Nov. gets cold where I live, split mini should not be run in under 40 degree weather, winter there are no pest or PM problems, live in low humidity climate, so fans are ok, just putting my 2 cents in, Peace and Grow On !!

Top Bottom