The Pinesol Bucket Aka Ona Bucket Diy

• Thread starter Tacoforme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tacoforme

Tacoforme

Hello i just wanted to share a little about the Ona bucket i made for my last grow.
1 5gallon bucket
1 120 m computer fan
1 1/2 inch hole saw bit for drill
Water crystals
Ona or Pine sol
Water
Here is pics which will give you 1000 words lol

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

IMG 0054

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

The computer fan is on top and blows down into bucket . I got the fan on eBay for $17 . Its a little sleeker than most home made ona buckets i seen .

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

Drilled lots of holes around bucket and left bottom 8 to 10 inches alone to hold mix .

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

I like the ona and it does work great. But this time around i used simple Pine sol and wow it really helps the odor in living areas. From my experience this idea does not replace the grand Carbon filter but it sure helps supplement odor control. Last time i mixed the liquid Ona with the crystals and water and went thru a lot of ona . However that was without a carbon filter in grow tent.

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

The crystals really expand and swell i add about 1/2 cup of pine sol and some water. There is no particular order of putting in ingredients i put it all in at once and the crystals swelled like a fat lip.. every day i i stir it up a little and add a little water and more pine sol every 2-3 days . This really works well , half house smells great with clean smell of pine sol . Ona does get a little expensive after awhile and this may help u keep costs down

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Since we're on the topic of ona and diy.

You can use any glade or the like sprayer things you put the can in, and make it work for an ona can. Put a piece of cardboard under the can, slide in, viola. Much cheaper alternative to the expensive ona kit.

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

I'm game for anything that keeps the girl friends and wives quiet about the "stinky Pot " issue lol

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Lung tissue damage occurs from inhaling pine-sol fumes. They also pool in low areas of the room, so children and pets are most affected. Please use something which is non-toxic. Ty. :)

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

Yes ty i dont use much and it is diluted quite a bit but you r right it is a Toxin . Thank you for your comments from what i reasearched most cases of problems were related to swallowing or inhaling it straight out of the bottle. Bleach and most chemicals r also toxic but when used right it sure cleans the hell out of things . Thanks for the input i will search for a non toxin substance

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

I found Simple green is completely non toxic to people and animals . Probably a better alternative than pine sol .

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

Ona is completely safe around animals and people as well per their website

Tacoforme

Tacoforme

Yes ty I only use the ona in other living areas and not the room u r growing in or have your set up in.

Top Bottom