The popularity of growing weed has enhanced the types of soils at nurseries.

• Thread starter AZsunfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

I went to my local nursery to get stuff to make some potting mix for garden and I couldn’t believe how many fox farm products were available. They even had tanks big bud supersoil (at $28 a cu foot, pshhhh). Tons of new happy frog dry amendments too. Tanks supersoil concentrate, which of course I picked up for some fruits and veggies. 5 years ago none of this stuff was around. Makes you wonder how many people are home growing. Tomato growers should be so lucky.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I wonder if interest in indoor gardening may be growing because the amount of arable land is diminishing while the human population is increasing. Minimizing water use may also be a driving factor. Low-power lights and low-cost renewable energy are emerging enabling technologies. Much of our food production seems to be moving from farms to factories. This process may have begun with cannabis growers, but it's not likely to end there.

TSD

TSD

Yup, my mom and pop garden shop has done the same, like 5 years ago they had almost nothing specifically geared towards weed, now, fox farm, ocean forest, cloning stuff, and a bunch more organics, which is great... they even moved it from the back corner to up by the door, it's gone from a tiny section of "this might be for weed, if you want" to an entire wall and various options, clearly they know what's up and are riding the weed wave and it makes my life easier. Way to be progressive, old mom and pop!

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I haven't seen any Fox Farm products sold here in my part of Washington State. We also don't have legal home growing here. (I have a license to grow.) So, that supports the theory. I figured the products just hadn't reached our market yet.

Top Bottom