The purple of all purples...

• Thread starter Kriya
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kriya

Thought I would share a few pics of this one... a real rare beauty out of the Michigan scene, it was originally dubbed the "Concord Grape", but since it's relocation I am renaming it, most likely the Blooming Cabernet (my girlfriend gave the name a big thumbs DOWN so we will see lol).. anywho on with the eye Candy..enjoy!

Concordgrendel
Jaroconcord

in the first picture it is Grendel(Motarebel) being used as the comparison bud

K

Kriya

yes it is, the flavor is A+++ . , but the kick is not what I like.. my gfriend thinks the high is wonderful, but me (being a Crohn's patient, and suffering from severe calcification of c2-c3,c3-c4 in my neck) would like it to have more punch on the body side...

My plan is to hit it with a pre-98 / master kush hybrid (f2 towards bubba) pollen, and do some pheno hunting to find the one the has the kush body high with that bad ass flavor... anywho , will keep you guyz posted!

stya safe, keep growing...

Kriya

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I recognize that bud....grew it for over 5 years before I passed her around. Can go into detail about it but there's a thread on it already. But you are def correct....flavor is great but the buzz isn't that strong. Your body gets used to the strain pretty fast and soon enough you don't get nearly as buzzed.

I made a few crosses with it. It's hard to get the purple color and full flavor to come out and bring any of the other strain into play. If used a Sfv og f5 male, white Appalachia and a few other males to make stock. The crosses did come out yielding better than the original cut did though.

Good luck on your project bro, best karma your way ~Smf~

K

Kriya

Thanks brotha, .. real curious as to the truth behind it...

WOuld love to keep that candy grape flavor but add a punch...

KRiya

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

Kinda looks like the purps. Is the smell sweet? kushy?

K

Kriya

Nah I have grow out the mendo purps, the norcal purps, purple urkle , GDP, Gaverville Purple Kush and it is def. NONE of these...

henry

henry

beautiful colors in those buds.

on a tangent, i'm curious how cannabis helps with crohn's? does it simply reduce pain or does it do more than that?

nebulius

nebulius

On the subject of Purps, was watching Jorge C. on youtube and he said that the Purple color that happens late in flower is because of a deficiency. The cold causes the plant to have difficulty drinking water causing it to be deficient in someway or another and turn purple in color.
You learn something new everyday.

K

Kriya

I think old Jorge Cerv. is fairly knowledgeable but I don't think that is the case with this one.. It is without a doubt a genetic thing.. I believe the purple calyx and purple trichomes are from the Pakistan genetic lines...

I know the purpling 'affect' you are referring to which is induced by environment... this is something much diffferent,the leaves stay solid green throughout the cycle...slight yellowing at the end, I will snap some shots of the one I am getting ready to cut.. give me a day or two...

My Crohn's is helped in multiple ways, first being a general relaxing of my muscles / body which seems to have a big affect on my discomfort, second Crohn's causes me to puke almost every morning , and there is NOTHING that helps calm this better then ganja....

Stay safe, keep growing (ORganic!!!)

Kriya

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

I also don't think that that is always the case. The purps I have is purple in the middle of the summer, and right from the start of flowering. I mean no dis respect, but I know some genetics just grow purple.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
I also don't think that that is always the case. The purps I have is purple in the middle of the summer, and right from the start of flowering. I mean no dis respect, but I know some genetics just grow purple.
I agree.including the no disrespect part.strains like purple #1,purpleberry,and a starberry pheno i have bleed straight purple a week into bloom.

jyip

jyip

Nah I have grow out the mendo purps, the norcal purps, purple urkle , GDP, Gaverville Purple Kush and it is def. NONE of these...​
a friend gifted me afew clones last year and said they were called NIB, then he said dapurps, i think it was dapurps cuz ui also got some other clones, burmese kush, and mk ultra

anyhow the point here,, i loved dapurps taste n high,,, super smooth taste and knock down body high, smelled like incense afterwards,,,, real nice n tons of trichs , plt looked silver cuz of the purple covered w/resin glistening....
i am very soon gettin POW hazeman gear and it purple indica x's g13 or pg13 i guess which is g12skunk i believe,,,,you hae alot of purple exp and was lookin for your choice for potent purple smoke? i jus smoked some purple urkle and it hasa incredible taste, kinda skinky n clear, expanding somewhat...tho i agree , its not a knock down smoke..isnt horcal purps a purple indica? the one used in pow i think??
im jus excited that imgettin some new genetics , i got some hindu kush, bubblegum, and red columbian goin now, red columbo is suposedly from columbia directly from friend on vaca that bought a bag of red colored bud named ruby red that had afew seeds in it, i hav five cloness, stinky 5 inchers w/red stems, n light green sativa leaves,,

New
Want a real purple, there's only ONE breeder for that.​

curious guy i am, which breeeder is the one? motorebel or hazeman?? i not that up on all thesee zillion new strains out every month these days but i have been smokin some perfectly grown indoor hydro, jack herer, sour patch, blue dream , and purple urkle,,,,, perfectly trimmed & cured rockhard little nuggets of top notch smoke each time i got a lil,,,like akid ina candy kush store !! so new is good i guess,,,,,

i thought the urkle tasted like a skunky thai stick clear taste and expanding on the exhale,,,very nice,,,didnt try blue dream yet,,,, more ltr

Top Bottom