The Quick Dry Discussion

• Thread starter DrMcSkunkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Everyone has heard that if you quick dry your bud it will taste awful and have no effect when used, but is this really true?
Who has a food dehydrator/jerky maker that has tried quick drying?
I personally have been doing this and perfecting it for years and I have found that buds quick dried and then cured in my process have much more bag appeal, more smell, better taste, and are much stickier and put off thicker vapor.
I know a vet in the next town over that I'm going to give a few samples to and let him smoke it and tell me which is better because I don't smoke, I only vape.
When I vape properly dried and cured bud that I've grownit tastes okay and does the job. When I vape a quick cured, quick dried bud it tastes amazing, like the stuff I used to pay 50-100 for back in the day, when most weed was Mexican brick.

Process:
1. Clip fresh buds from plant and trim big fan leaves.

2. Place buds evenly spread out on dehydrator trays and set on lowest heat setting 95f for two days.

3. After two days trim dried sugar leaves and either return buds to dehydrator or put in jar depending on feel of bud. If the bud still feels moist return to dehydrator for another 12 to 24 hours. If the bud feels dry and crunchy on outside, put the buds in a jar for 24 to 48 hours, opening and feeling the moisture of the buds a few times a day.
4. After repeating the process two or three times you are left with smelly stinky potent fast cured buds that taste better than a bud that's been cured in a jar for a month.

I started this out of necessity because I had a green plant that was almost done and no medicine and found out after doing this for years with plants that nannered on me, that the fast way actually tastes and vape better than the way everyone has been doing it for years.

Anyone who has done this or anyone that wants to try it please post your experiences here so I know that I'm not JUST crazy...

StandingRock

StandingRock

Wow great post. I'm always interested in new methods. I'm definitely going to try this.

Farmer P

Farmer P

One time I clipped off a bud to try a little early and put it in the oven to fast dry. As soon as it dried I smoked it and it was great. It tasted pure chronic. Then the rest of the same plant I f'd up the curing and it wasn't as good as that first quick dried nug.

MW7945

MW7945

If I wasn't a noob and on my first run I'd try it this time, but I don't want to fail miserably and ruin a whole grow. Maybe I'll try it with a little bit of it since I'll probably have a hard time being patience enough for a regular dry/cure.

MW7945

MW7945

Only thing is I just have a really cheap jerky dehydrator. I don't think there's any other setting than high and low. And I think the only difference between the two is the speed of the fan

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I use an American harvest dehydrator
I also forgot to add, after I do the first two day dry, trim, and return to the jerky maker I just leave it in an hour or two every time I put it back in. I also only leave it in the jar until I open the jar and the outside of the bud feels moist again, then back in the dehydrator for an hour.

ahemait

ahemait

There was a brilliant thread on this before.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...uds-in-preferable-to-slow-curing.65252/page-3

As you can see the very detailed and scientific hypothesis was met with the usual old hippy lore and shouts of "ur doing it wrong!".

I dry/cure quickly. I've not much opinion on it, other then my shit is sticky and stinks through city blocks and tastes heavenly.

A friend insists on jarring and burping and his just tastes like regular old weed you get from anyone.

His looks like "commercial" weed, condensed and compressed. Mine is a little less compacted and uncommon looking?

If anything a long cure may degrade potency to some extent. A quick dry/cure and into freezer may not.

To each their own. If you want to wait an extra month or three after harvest, you're a better man than I.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Im sure there's a way. I know the locals always talked about using the dehydrators, and I never smelled haybale weed at those peoples get-togethers.

My only hang up, is that some of the chronic I've smoked, it was obvious there were still reactions happening during its freshly harvested stage. I mean, some buds smell is masked by the chlorophyll, remove the chlorophyll/moisture and the smell shines. But some bud, it goes from smelling like nothing to smelling so strong, there's no way it was merely masked by chlorophyll and moisture. No, the plants were simpley not finished until cured. Thats the kind of dank i want to recreate, the entire smell of the grow room from a single calyx. I strongly believe most of today's strains are not finished at 8 weeks, when the plant matter says they are. Plant matter growth has been sped up, but other aspects/processes still take time to develop. I've gotten rid of weed with no smell before, only to find that candy dankness show up in the empty jars weeks, months later.. Id love to pit some yellowed vs lush buds in a dehydrator, would give a lot of incite to the situation.

C

cb7222

There was a brilliant thread on this before.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...uds-in-preferable-to-slow-curing.65252/page-3

As you can see the very detailed and scientific hypothesis was met with the usual old hippy lore and shouts of "ur doing it wrong!".

I dry/cure quickly. I've not much opinion on it, other then my shit is sticky and stinks through city blocks and tastes heavenly.

A friend insists on jarring and burping and his just tastes like regular old weed you get from anyone.

His looks like "commercial" weed, condensed and compressed. Mine is a little less compacted and uncommon looking?

If anything a long cure may degrade potency to some extent. A quick dry/cure and into freezer may not.

To each their own. If you want to wait an extra month or three after harvest, you're a better man than I.
How do you do it

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

A few of use here are using this with pretty good results.
Looks like a reworked Presto food dehydrator that keeps temps between 75-80
I put up a thread here..somewhere with what you might be after.
I am NOT affiliated in anyway!

10w30

10w30

Supporter
getting 1 delivered today. kinda excited. weeks away from using it.

~360 canadian delivered. ($112 broker and duty fee's)

thanks for posting

Your Purchase Is Complete!
Congratulations on taking the next step towards consistent, easier drying with HerbsNOW!

Your order has been received and is being prepared for shipping. You will receive an email with tracking information when your order ships.

Thank you for purchasing HerbsNOW!

NOTE: Orders placed Monday – Friday ship within 2 business days. Orders placed Friday after 12pm EST and/or on Saturday – Sunday will ship within the next 2 available business days (excluding national holidays) unless otherwise noted.

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
NOTE:
Additional customs and duty fees are the buyer’s responsibility and will be due when the package arrives to your country.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

getting 1 delivered today. kinda excited. weeks away from using it.

~360 canadian delivered. ($112 broker and duty fee's)

thanks for posting

Your Purchase Is Complete!
Congratulations on taking the next step towards consistent, easier drying with HerbsNOW!

Your order has been received and is being prepared for shipping. You will receive an email with tracking information when your order ships.

Thank you for purchasing HerbsNOW!

NOTE: Orders placed Monday – Friday ship within 2 business days. Orders placed Friday after 12pm EST and/or on Saturday – Sunday will ship within the next 2 available business days (excluding national holidays) unless otherwise noted.

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
NOTE:
Additional customs and duty fees are the buyer’s responsibility and will be due when the package arrives to your country.
If you haven't already done so..the expansion trays arehe way to go!

10w30

10w30

Supporter
yeah thats what the guys seemed to say in the video. expansion trays look outa stock until feb 24. i figured they might sell out of the dryer and didnt want to risk blue cheese to mold. still waiting. i bet its as cheap as a kids playshool oven lol

360 cost is with the shot glass and drying basket - for accuracy.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

yeah thats what the guys seemed to say in the video. expansion trays look outa stock until feb 24. i figured they might sell out of the dryer and didnt want to risk blue cheese to mold. still waiting. i bet its as cheap as a kids playshool oven lol

360 cost is with the shot glass and drying basket - for accuracy.
It is not really that bad imo..like the Presto dryer for food.

Why $360?..you must have bought multiple units?

BTW the trays are great and have the ability to remove the center portion for large buds!

Top Bottom