the regulate, control, and tax cannabis law of 2010

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SkyHi

Considering how hard some communities have been fighting to prevent medical marijuana dispensaries, many of these same communities will definitely be prohibiting the sale of legalized cannabis. Even the local governments that currently allow medical marijuana dispensaries have done everything in their power to limit the number of these facilities. Getting a license to cultivate, distribute or sell legalized cannabis will come at such a high price, only the deepest pockets will be able to afford the privilege. Restricting personal possession and cultivation limits insures these new canna-businesses will be able to prevent non-commercial growers from being self-sufficient by making it a crime to cultivate or possess amounts reasonable for personal consumption. I would like to see a 25sqft grow room that fits all your mother plants, clones, vegetative plants and flowering plants in a 5x5 area and harvests less than an ounce. This, IMO, is the biggest flaw in this initiative.

There are no laws restricting the amount of alcohol we can purchase at any store, nor are there any laws restricting the production amounts or acreage of wineries, at least that I'm aware of.

Not everyone here in California that supports legalization supports this intitiative to TAX, REGULATE AND CONTROL cannabis. Maybe its because legalize isn't even in the title or in the minds of those trying to take over this billion dollar economy.

So biz will only be booming for people like richard lee, who are positioning themselves to profit from this restrictive psuedo legalization initiative.

Thank you, i couldnt have said it better myself....this shit is dangerous, any idiot reads tax, regulate blah blah is going to be like legal weed ? hell yea !!! and vote yes without knowing the details. Im mean shit theres a bunch of idiots on these boards that grow weed and still buy oaksterdam clones and post shit about them and brag about catalogs and thats from ppl who grow and should know...we need everyone !!! that has a rec to vote NO for sure!!!

R

radical farmer

The first I've voted since Nader ran for election against Gore & Bush! Gotta vote this bill down, fellas! Our lives depend on it! I've been trying to get the govt OUTTA my life for the past x amount of years, not further INTO my life, trying to tax me and tell me how many plants I can grow. I'm usually a firm believer in not voting, because I'm not voting on my master and king to control me, but I think I will for this one.

D

danko

our cannabis is taxed now fellas. and we have limits on how much we can grow already. all this shit is going to do is insure the govt knows who is producing for profit so they can make sure they get there tax $$$. which is definatly going to go up!! which im not a fan of, but if they make it so that people with out medi cards that are 21 and up can smoke, and so that we can create places to go and smoke like coffee shops, ill be all about it! also imo, these coffee shops and shit that will be legal wont be buying corporate weed bros. they will buy local grown and be proud of it for sure!!! at least i know i will when i open smoke shacks all over the coast!
just my opinion....the bill its self says nothing about how they will proceed once the bill is passed. it just says the local governments will regulate it...how that process works??? i havent a clue.

S

SkyHi

our cannabis is taxed now fellas. and we have limits on how much we can grow already. all this shit is going to do is insure the govt knows who is producing for profit so they can make sure they get there tax $$$. which is definatly going to go up!! which im not a fan of, but if they make it so that people with out medi cards that are 21 and up can smoke, and so that we can create places to go and smoke like coffee shops, ill be all about it! also imo, these coffee shops and shit that will be legal wont be buying corporate weed bros. they will buy local grown and be proud of it for sure!!! at least i know i will when i open smoke shacks all over the coast!
just my opinion....the bill its self says nothing about how they will proceed once the bill is passed. it just says the local governments will regulate it...how that process works??? i havent a clue.

Man please stay in the midwest its mentalities like this we dont need ....coffee shops ? this isnt amsteram ....philipp morris will be up your ass putting chemicals to get you more addicted in no time....tax ok regulate NO!!!! PLus if you think it wont be commercial your crazy the prices will drop so fast that growing strains like og will be non economical....unless of course you own a fat plantation...I myself would love to be able to make a living growing as im sure alot of other californians are as well.....this aint the fucking gold rush i dont want every prick pot head flooding california just to get high cuz there 21.....

5tickynubz

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...g-czar-ducks-on-calif-measure-to-legalize-pot

Drug czar ducks on Calif. pot measure
By Michael O'Brien - 04/01/10 12:31 PM ET
The Obama administration's top drug enforcement official sidestepped a question Thursday on how the federal government would react if California voters legalize pot this fall.

Drug czar Gil Kerlikowske said he wouldn't speculate on what the Obama administration would do if California voters approve a ballot initiative that would make marijuana legal for consumption but subject it to regulation.

"Since it hasn't passed, right now it would be improper to speculate on what the federal government's role is," Kerlikowske said during an appearance on ABC's "Top Line" webcast.

A ballot initiative to legalize the drug appears set for a Nov. 2 vote after organizers submitted many more signatures than are necessary to put the issue on the ballot.

An April 2009 Field Poll showed 56 percent of of Californians favored the measure to make pot legal for recreational use while taxing the proceeds. The ballot initiative has been sold as a way to close the state's large budget gap.

The state already allows for the medicinal use of marijuana, and the Obama administration from its inception said it would not enforce federal laws against states that legalize pot for therapeutic purposes.

When pressed, Kerlikowske said Thursday that a number of responses, including lawsuits to litigate the differences in state and federal drug laws, could spring up if California voters legalize marijuana.

"You can envision a lot of different things," he said.

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/drug-czar-required/

the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie

According to Title VII Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 1998: H11225:

Responsibilities. –The Director– [...]

(12) shall ensure that no Federal funds appropriated to the Office of National Drug Control Policy shall be expended for any study or contract relating to the legalization (for a medical use or any other use) of a substance listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812) and take such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize the use of a substance (in any form) that–

1. is listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812); and
2. has not been approved for use for medical purposes by the Food and Drug Administration;

Things could get interesting. It appears the feds have a job to do regardless of what the free people of America want.

N

nor cali farmer

vote no or loose everything we have worked for. its your choice but if you vote yes your not gonna hide in my fox hole. peace thc joe

K

kushpheen

If your a medical patient growing for yourself, your not paying taxes on the medicine your providing for yourself. If your purchasing medicine from a dispensary your paying sales tax and if your a grower or an employee of a dispensary your paying income tax. Since Cali ruled the limits of sb420 are unconstitutional, medical patients are no longer bound by the strict plant number guidelines or possession amounts. Since the majority of Cali cities have fought hard to limit or ban altogether dispensaries (LA for example), I find it very hard to believe these same people will be allowing an invasion of pot coffee shops into their towns. The few cities that initially license and allow these retail outlets will charge an INSANE amount of money for licensing fees, limiting only the wealthiest people from entering the business. These coffee shops will have to purchase cannabis from licensed growers. Again, licenses to grow cannabis will be so expensive, giant agriculture corporations, who are very skilled in commercial agricultural techniques, will be the only source of 'approved cannabis' for sale. When you say you 'haven't a clue' how local governments will be regulating it, just look at how they are currently regulating medical dispensaries. The few people who have licenses work very hard to limit their competition.

what are you so scared of smoke shops for dude? "its mentalities like this we dont need"... are you kidding me? yeah lets not expand the market place for weed. lets just let sky high smoke and grow and fuck everyone else!
i live in cali asshole! quit acting like you own this fucken state.

Expanding the market place for weed is great if your politically and financially connected to take advantage of it. If your like me sitting around posting your opinions in forums like this, I'm guessing your not. The truth is, growers likes us currently own the state's cannabis economy. Its people like you with your short sided vision who are willing to trade our entire cannabis economy to a few wealthy corporations in exchange for limited personal freedoms and the privilege of paying more taxes. Its amazing to me so few people see that this particular bill isn't about advancing our personal freedoms or removing the draconian penalties associated with possession, cultivation or distribution. This bill was written by 2 people who have made millions of dollars in the medical marijuana industry, a non-profit industry mind you LOL! These 2 people have a very clear vision of expanding there products, markets and profits. In order to do so, they need people like you...

btw if you can't have a debate without calling someone an asshole, just wait for the hammer to remind you of your place.

D

danko

if all that was really the agenda dont you think they would have made medical marijuana only available from "licensed" providers from the start? they would have had there "take over" done and done if that was what "they" are after. besides when the bill allows for local governments to regulate there own way. its kinda hard for 2 guys to corner the market.

D

danko

Q: What effect will the initiative have on medical marijuana laws in California?

A: None. The initiative explicitly upholds the rights of medical marijuana patients.

from the tax and reg website.

R

radical farmer

if all that was really the agenda dont you think they would have made medical marijuana only available from "licensed" providers from the start? they would have had there "take over" done and done if that was what "they" are after. besides when the bill allows for local governments to regulate there own way. its kinda hard for 2 guys to corner the market.

Well because the medical marijuana movement had to of started first in order for these people to profit so much.... Peron, one of the writters of prop 215, is heavily against this tax & regulate bill, so of course he would have never have put that in 215.

I agree complelty with everyone saying to vote no!

R

radical farmer

If your a medical patient growing for yourself, your not paying taxes on the medicine your providing for yourself. If your purchasing medicine from a dispensary your paying sales tax and if your a grower or an employee of a dispensary your paying income tax. Since Cali ruled the limits of sb420 are unconstitutional, medical patients are no longer bound by the strict plant number guidelines or possession amounts. Since the majority of Cali cities have fought hard to limit or ban altogether dispensaries (LA for example), I find it very hard to believe these same people will be allowing an invasion of pot coffee shops into their towns. The few cities that initially license and allow these retail outlets will charge an INSANE amount of money for licensing fees, limiting only the wealthiest people from entering the business. These coffee shops will have to purchase cannabis from licensed growers. Again, licenses to grow cannabis will be so expensive, giant agriculture corporations, who are very skilled in commercial agricultural techniques, will be the only source of 'approved cannabis' for sale. When you say you 'haven't a clue' how local governments will be regulating it, just look at how they are currently regulating medical dispensaries. The few people who have licenses work very hard to limit their competition.

Expanding the market place for weed is great if your politically and financially connected to take advantage of it. If your like me sitting around posting your opinions in forums like this, I'm guessing your not. The truth is, growers likes us currently own the state's cannabis economy. Its people like you with your short sided vision who are willing to trade our entire cannabis economy to a few wealthy corporations in exchange for limited personal freedoms and the privilege of paying more taxes. Its amazing to me so few people see that this particular bill isn't about advancing our personal freedoms or removing the draconian penalties associated with possession, cultivation or distribution. This bill was written by 2 people who have made millions of dollars in the medical marijuana industry, a non-profit industry mind you LOL! These 2 people have a very clear vision of expanding there products, markets and profits. In order to do so, they need people like you...

btw if you can't have a debate without calling someone an asshole, just wait for the hammer to remind you of your place.

well said! completely agree! I really don't see this bill passing, but there is always that chance because of people that actually trust the government and that aren't looking into the bill more. It will be more enslaving than anything.

D

danko

Well because the medical marijuana movement had to of started first in order for these people to profit so much.... Peron, one of the writters of prop 215, is heavily against this tax & regulate bill, so of course he would have never have put that in 215.

I agree complelty with everyone saying to vote no!

right because they had no clue marijuana was worth any money before now. apparently no one noticed how many people were making hella money when pot was illegal. who would have thought it would have value as a medicine.

R

radical farmer

Just saying, you asked why they didn't put something in the bill already if they were "planning" this from the start, but the same people that made prop 215 ARENT the ones that are "planning" this agenda to consoldiate and monopolize on weed. Therefore thats the reason why they didn't add a no licensed provider from the start, because its 2 different people making another separate bill!

Danko, you really think/hope that this bill passes? I mean, I suppose you can also look at prop 215 from a street dealers perspective aswell. Once 215 came along most street dealers now fucking hate them, because they are loosing so much money. You just need to follow the money to find out exactly whats going to happen in the future, unfortunatly. But now Lee and cohorts are trying to really monopolize on "legalized" weed, when in actually, it isn't even going to be legal, only in a psuedo sense. I'd love to see them tax me growing my lettuce and telling me that I can only grow my green beans in a 5x5 area. So instead "they" will be using the police force to find people that are taking away from corporate money. Danko, you need to realize that the government doesn't care about you or your family. Katrina is a great example of that... They care about corporations and stock holders. About 95% of the laws are made to PROTECT the State and big business. Police only "protect and serve" their corporate rulers. So when they bust down your door and realize that you are using a 10x 10 area to grow your "legalized" plants and halling your ass off to jail, then we'll see just how legal its making this plant. The illegality of it is what puts it back in the hands of the people. Once it is "legal", that is going to be a flood gate that is going to be very hard to close for corporations. All they see is GREEN, and not the ganja green like us who actually have a respect and love for the plant itself. And once "real" money starts getting pumped into it, its going to be the beginning of the end for any small time grower trying to make ends meet. Next thing will be the patenting of strains, and who knows, possibly the entire plant eventually. If you don't think the possiblity is VERY real and VERY frightening then you should open your eyes. Do a little research on Monsanto and how many plants and living things they have patented. How they are suing farmers for planting "their" seeds without permission. Did you even know thats it ILLEGAL to use seeds from 99% of the fruits/veggies that you buy from the store? Most won't even germ because they are "laced" with a terminator gene so you can't grow them. Third world countries and even American farmers can't even save seeds anymore, the oldest and most reliable form of survival of people and a gene pool of plant species, because it is completely ILLEGAL to do so because you don't own the patent for it... a living species that grows freely. This is completely holding people in bondage and forever in slavery. If you don't think that this harsh reality is going to happen once cannabis is "legalized" then you are very naive and ignorant about just how "big and bad" these companies and The State truly are...

First do some research on Monsanto, biotechnology, corporations as a legal person (because in the eyes of the law, a corporation is considered to be a legal, living breathing person, who can buy and sell goods/property...), and just history in general. The rich realize that their is a HUGE class war going on... too bad the working class is blinded and brainwashed into not seeing it. Even so much so that one of the French prime ministiers (whose name escapes me right now), his son claimed that when he was on his death bed he heard a gunshot go off outside of his palace on the streets. He looked up at his son and just said "ahhhh, gun fire. looks like the people have finally taken back what is rightfully theirs..." Those are very haunting words, that even on his DEATH BED he was thinking and fearful of the common workers TAKING BACK what is RIGHTFULLY theirs. It is always on their minds, the workers just need to realize this.

K

Kush321

I completely agree with the no vote. Government screws EVERYTHING up

D

danko

i saw that documentary on the corn your talking about. and that is scary shit! i also understand the relationships with governments and corporations being very beneficial for each other. I also realize that courts always decide in favor of corps over people in all those farmer cases and we all know that is completely fucked. and the patenting of living things??? thats just insane and i cannot believe (well of course i can) that the federal courts made that decision. we all know the government is going for total control using the corporations as there army. i understand that. and yeah people with guns taking there shit back is more then likely the way its going to unravel, just as it has every other time a people is getting screwed by a govt thought history.

im just saying this bill states that it will be regulated like alcohol, but not federally, as with alcohol you may need some federal authorization, here is the quote from ABC, calis alcohol dept.
FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS

Before opening an alcoholic beverage business, the applicant should contact the nearest office of the United States Treasury Department, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau. If a Federal basic permit or a special Occupational Tax Stamp is required, it should be applied for by and issued to the same persons applying for a license with this department and at the same address.

if your distilling you have to register with the fda, and National Revenue Center (NRC)
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau. get an EIN with the irs, and thats about it. nothing a lawyer couldnt draw up pretty easily. and in 95 days you are distilling whisky or vodka or whatever liquor you want. you are now part of big alcohol and it wasnt that hard. and thats with federal regulation.

i know non of us want to deal with the above so read on....

Keep in mind that this bill is not a federal one, its a state bill. so as it is now, there isnt any federal oversight on medical marijuana, first off, because legally they (the feds) cant oversee a schedule 1 drug, its illegal for them to do so( i can find that info if i need to). and thats what our non toxic herb is classified as, as you all well know. thats a fact bros they can not regulate a schedule 1 substance!. and that means, obviously, nothing less then no federal regs. which is what we should really be scared of, federal regulatory shit. thats when i will start voting no! this isnt a federal legalization bill yall. i would definatly say fuck all that if it were.

does that kinda clear where im coming from? oh below is the fee schedule for distilling in washington.

this is state control of alcohol in washington:
check out what info they ask on the application. all they want to know is who you are, where you are, what your doing, how much your making, and how many employees you have, owe yeah and there licensing fees that i must say seem pretty reasonable.

RCW 66.24.140
Distiller's license — Fee.

There shall be a license to distillers, including blending, rectifying and bottling; fee two thousand dollars per annum, unless provided otherwise as follows:

(1) For distillers producing twenty thousand gallons or less of spirits with at least half of the raw materials used in the production grown in Washington, the license fee shall be reduced to one hundred dollars per annum;

(2) The board shall license stills used and to be used solely and only by a commercial chemist for laboratory purposes, and not for the manufacture of liquor for sale, at a fee of twenty dollars per annum;

(3) The board shall license stills used and to be used solely and only for laboratory purposes in any school, college or educational institution in the state, without fee; and

(4) The board shall license stills which shall have been duly licensed as fruit and/or wine distilleries by the federal government, used and to be used solely as fruit and/or wine distilleries in the production of fruit brandy and wine spirits, at a fee of two hundred dollars per annum.

[2008 c 94 § 1; 1981 1st ex.s. c 5 § 28; 1937 c 217 § 1 (23D) (adding new section 23-D to 1933 ex.s. c 62); RRS § 7306-23D.]

Notes:
Severability -- Effective date -- 1981 1st ex.s. c 5: See RCW 66.98.090 and 66.98.100.

i just used washington as an example because there info was the first i found.

K

kushpheen

Kinda hard but those 2 guys have cornered certain regional markets and aspects of the medical marijuana business. For instance, you can buy Oaksterdam clones everywhere in California at dozens of different dispensaries. They sell thousands of clones each week. Who else is providing thousands of clones statewide on this level? no one! Jeff Jones has been making millions issuing medical marijuana ID's in many cities. Does he have any competition other than the cities that choose to provide this service on their own? No! How many other (well known) cannabis universities are currently operating in California, other than oaksterdam? None that I know of. These 2 guys have done a great job at limiting their competition, expanding their markets and profiting from the medical marijuana industry, by strategically influencing local governments. Will they be the only people who are able to succeed in a new marijuana economy, no. Are they poised to take advantage of the financial opportunities this bill would create, very much so. The money they've spent during this campaign is an investment on their behalf and on behalf of billionaires like george soros who would love to get their hands on this billion dollar economy. What most people don't realize is when you strip the money from the middle class growers by eliminating their crops, it reverses the trickle down theory of economics. The money flows from the people to the corporations. Just a handful of corporations will be able to control this market, while thousands of growers are left wondering what happened to their livelihoods.

Q: What effect will the initiative have on medical marijuana laws in California?

A: None. The initiative explicitly upholds the rights of medical marijuana patients.

from the tax and reg website.

The effects this law will have are not on the medical marijuana laws but on the medical marijuana economy and community. Most dispensary owners will welcome this regulation because they already have the infrastructure necessary to open their doors to a wider market. These dispensaries will likely be the first people standing in line for a retail cannabis license and will likely be the first approved. Dispensary owners will happily sell mass produced low cost cannabis at the current high prices and reap the rewards at the cost of small growers and consumers. They will no longer be reliant on members of their collectives to provide cannabis for their patients. No more annoying vendors demanding a fair price for their hard work, no more medical gardens that are able to recoup their expenses by providing medicine to fellow patients. Just a truckload of oaksterdam branded weed flowing in fresh from the factory (automated and staffed with min wage workers)

Voting yes on this bill spits in the face of every grower who has risked his or her freedom to provide you cannabis grown from their own 2 hands. It rewards people like rich lee and jeff jones who have worked very hard to profit from patients through overpriced clones, cannabis, ID cards and psuedo educations.

S

SkyHi

Exactly WE didn't bring it out of the shadows for them to take it away

D

danko

please show me what they are taking away. all the bill says is that you will have to be licensed and fallow zoning laws set fourth by local govt if your growing herb for retail. just as i said in my last post, the bill wants to regulate (retail) mj like alcohol (that is to say, not your own personal medical stash). im not getting back in to this point you can read it above.

yeah you can buy oaksterdam clones. so what? whats stopping you from accomplishing that? if youve paid attention to the recent court cases. they have already proven that they cannot limit how much herb you can grow for a collective, because patients can virtually smoke as much as they want for there illnesses and that herb needs to be provided. just cause these guys have opened there own collectives and have a bunch of members because they worked there asses off and are selling clones everywhere doesnt mean you or anyone else cant do it.
also yes there are several cannabis schools/colleges and career institutes. and more opening all the time. something you guys could also do if you were so inclined!

"These 2 guys have done a great job at limiting their competition, expanding their markets and profiting from the medical marijuana industry, by strategically influencing local governments" kushpheen

please give me an example.

M

mrdizzle

sounds like your all in danko, Im glad you think things arent fine the way they are now, and you would rather introduce a crap as bill that helps NO ONE in any way shape or form than let it be

Please tell me one thing about this bill that improves quality of life for anyone

D

danko

only everbody 21 and older my friend. dont you get that? now adults will not need shit to smoke or even grow a little. no dr's, no state id cards. just gotta be 21. tell me this dizzle, how will this bill effect your quality of life bro? if it passes. you will still have your rights as a medical mmj patient dude. that means you can still open or keep your collectives, coops or what have you. keep growing for them if you want. there is nothing that says you cant. if you want to grow to sell for retail, then you will have to get the license and follow zoning and all that shit. but if your growing for your own collective and not for retail, your not effected. your rights as a 215 patient and those given to medical users thru sb 420 are still going to be there. medical marijuana is totally different then recreational marijuana. has no one managed to make that separation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom