the rule of thumb on indoor electricity usage per size of house,etc.

• Thread starter ghost79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ghost79

ghost79

Hi, I would like to know what's the maximum electricity I can draw without raising a suspicion to the electric company and/or whoever else for that matter when I move in. I'm trying to find out what size house (in terms of # of bedrooms)or sq.ft. should I rent out if I've got a consumption of a total of 4,400 watts? That's #2 1ooo watt lights, an A.C. that draws another 1200 watts, a 400 watt HPS, a 250 compact flourescent light for clones, and then the exhaust fans and standing oscillating fans comes out to about at least 4,400 watts not including the ballasts consumption. Thank you to any and all responses from indoor experianced, successful growers.:)

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

the old wives tale is 1KW for every bedroom.

in reality blow up your fuckin house. ive seen a 2000$ electricity bill at a house that wasnt growing, and have seen just as much at ones that have. pay your bill online right when its available, they want your money. if you slack and make them call you is when a person will actually come in contact with everything. as long as there are no problems you'll stay an electronic form of income for them.

sky high

sky high

Might be smart to not rent a house on a street where all of the houses are the same.... like a spec house neighborhood. (where everyone will use roughly the same electricity) Different size homes....spaced well apart/ etc....

Other ideas: Snag old A/C units for cheap or free...working or not.....and hang em out of windows to make it >possible< and easily seen how you could be using so much power. Old hot tubs are good for the same thing. Sit that bitch right next to the electric meter. A kiln.... geez....lotsa stuff uses big power that you can have onsite to make it look like yer a power hog.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
like sky said ..hang some window units out the windows.. i have 3 a/c's in my house..1 big 220 unit on the front of the house. a 110 hangn out my back room window. and a portable 110 in another room...2k in one room, 2 t5 4 tube in another room..fans etc etc you know all the fixns......this is a 3 bedroom house, and i never pull over a 400$ a month bill. even in the heat of summer..

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
my suggestion is to spin the meter as soon as you walk in the door, and pay your bill on time. electric company just want the money..around here they tell you what the average of the last tenant was. then they base your deposit off there average.pay on time for a year get your deposit back.
i might be in the cheapest place to have a indoor grow.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
^^^^^ thats the shit right there^^^^^great post boom

sun

sun

The best way to stay under the radar with the electric bill , is to pay on time .If you do it shouldent ever be an issue.

ghost79

ghost79

Yea man your welcome, be-careful bro, learn as much about your local pot laws and what kind of stuff the cops need as evidence to search. That's what you need to be your top of the list items. You never do those things and you should be okie dokie.

I'm in a med state and dudes are getting poped left and right for silly dumb shit, and all of it relates back to renting some crib. Like it all could have been avoided. Check Craigslist for sale buy owner. You might have to put more money down, but it will probably be less than what being in the system will cost you.

If you dot all your eyes and cross all your tees, you can and will get away with it for years, don't and.....
Thanks bros, you make a lot of sense. I'm definitely going to utilize your professional advice. I can tell your a pro...keep it up bros! Peace

sky_blue

sky_blue

So I would need at least a 4 bedroom house right Classis Remix?
___
Just an idea I used once that happened to work.
When I moved in, I turned on the A/C, portable heaters, the oven, the tv, every light, all possible power for about 3-4 months. All of it - most of it - on timers. My bill was ridiculous, but when I turned all the useless stuff off, and replaced it w/grow eqpt., my bill went down by 1/2.
I'm not sure, but I think that helped (opposite of a spike caught by computer scan-stuff).
Never had a problem - hopefully that helped...:)

sky_blue

sky_blue

Boom !! On the money... Thanks.
I would be more concerned with renting the crib bro. Find a land contract to grow in. All of the people I have ever heard of getting busted resulted from a situation that was a direct result of renting a house. Buy not renting you control the property and have a say so in who can be there and who can't. Renting you don't.
I no that's not what you asked but I think it is way more important. Electric shouldn't be a concern as long as you pay your bill. But if your asking about electric your def in a outlaw state. Electric isn't really your biggest safety issue bro. You really need a super safe crib. That is hands down the most important thing in doing this shit. You need to own that shit. At least in the seance that you have full control, and say so in what goes on there.

You need to know the law to, and your rights. You can't be afraid to flex them either.

Think about it like this, say you buy this house on a land contract and the owner has no say so on the house you own it. The cops can't search without a warrant or permission. You aren't giving permission and the land contract holds cant.

Next is clean up, you can't EVER put any evidence in the trash. Cops go through the trash to get warrants.

Next is smell the shit can't stink outside the house. Fuck carbon scrubbers, get a air purifier. They make them for six and eight inch duct.

Next up is only you go to the house, no chicks they get scared of cops and are easily intimidated, and imvho fuck a partner.

The cops can't get a warrant based on electric use, or heat sigs. So basically them bitchs could no what your doing but as long as you cover the basics they can't do shit. That stuff can't be used as evidence. You need to know more about what your getting into bro, because your asking the wrong questions and worried about the wrong stuff.

Top Bottom