DSCN1021_Copy_.JPG

The Buds are in the bag now
DSCN1026_Copy_.JPG

And one children's menu with blueberry pie :bong2:
DSCN1024_Copy_.JPG

P.E.A.C.E

xBUBBAx

xBUBBAx

yeeaaaah....why? lol dont freak out buddy...

I hang my buds for at least a week before I would even think of jarring them... I am just curious why you put your weed in a paper bag

sdgrower

sdgrower

Brown paper bags breathe better than plastic and help even out the dry

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I use McDonald's bags too. They are awesome for the before jar phase.

Dooty

Dooty

was it DJ Short that had the article on how using a brown paper bag is good for them? cant remember but im sure same thing goes for the macdonalds bags

xBUBBAx

xBUBBAx

I know that paper breathes better than plastic. I am curious why you would put them in anything at all before they are dry. I have seen people use shoe boxes, paper bags, news paper etc... I just dont get. What is the benefit over letting them hang with lots of air circulating around them? I feel like if they dry too fast it is bad for the herb.

r u in a very humid climate or something that requires the extra absorption the paper provides? I am not trying to criticize or troll bro, I am just curious.

Secret

Secret

I know that paper breathes better than plastic. I am curious why you would put them in anything at all before they are dry. I have seen people use shoe boxes, paper bags, news paper etc... I just dont get. What is the benefit over letting them hang with lots of air circulating around them? I feel like if they dry too fast it is bad for the herb.

r u in a very humid climate or something that requires the extra absorption the paper provides? I am not trying to criticize or troll bro, I am just curious.

Here is always very humid...and the BUDS are dried in boxes, hanging upside down, then they go for 1-2 days in paper bags, than to the jar to make some cure till i smoke it :rollj:
P.E.A.C.E

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey there Bubba!

For me it slows down the dry and prevents overdry. The longer the dry the better the cure. Just to make up some example numbers it would be like this. Just hanging in the open air the buds can dry in 5-7 days. They can dry quicker and get over dry if let longer. If you hang for 3 days and then bag they can be in the bag another 5-7 days before over dry might occur. You increased the time from 5-7 to 7-10 days.

Longer is better for smooth smoke. Plus the bud texture and moisture is better with bagging IMHO.

Secret

Secret

Hey there Bubba!

For me it slows down the dry and prevents overdry. The longer the dry the better the cure. Just to make up some example numbers it would be like this. Just hanging in the open air the buds can dry in 5-7 days. They can dry quicker and get over dry if let longer. If you hang for 3 days and then bag they can be in the bag another 5-7 days before over dry might occur. You increased the time from 5-7 to 7-10 days.

Longer is better for smooth smoke. Plus the bud texture and moisture is better with bagging IMHO.

well explained :passingjoint: my English is not good and I'm tryin to not write very much :giggle

Secret

Secret

was it DJ Short that had the article on how using a brown paper bag is good for them? cant remember but im sure same thing goes for the macdonalds bags

Yep DJ Short does it to i don't remember where I read it 2... but here the only option are McDonalds bags they are the same as the other paper bags :joint:
P.E.A.C.E

xBUBBAx

xBUBBAx

Right on man. I agree with the longer the cure the better the smoke, no doubt. :) thats why i was curious... I thought he was putting wet buds in jars. I like to go straight to jars/tupperwares and burp them 2x a day while letting new air in. People always compliment me on my curing skills... I would like to think I can cure em up pretty dank!

thanks for the heads up!

O

Organicyumyum

Right on man. I agree with the longer the cure the better the smoke, no doubt. :) thats why i was curious... I thought he was putting wet buds in jars. I like to go straight to jars/tupperwares and burp them 2x a day while letting new air in. People always compliment me on my curing skills... I would like to think I can cure em up pretty dank!

thanks for the heads up!

i agree with you bubba. whenever i have tried the paper bag method it seems to damage the buds more than if i just go straight to a jar and then burp. i hang dry for 3-4 days, clip everything off the stems onto drying screens, and then put in jars after 5-7 days of total drying. sometimes 8-10 days depending on the strain.

Secret

Secret

i agree with you bubba. whenever i have tried the paper bag method it seems to damage the buds more than if i just go straight to a jar and then burp. i hang dry for 3-4 days, clip everything off the stems onto drying screens, and then put in jars after 5-7 days of total drying. sometimes 8-10 days depending on the strain.

First i`m dryin the cutted plant without trim. when the leafs are dry i take them off and leave the buds when they are sufficiently dry, the branches can break and than put them into the paper bag, they wont be damaged ;) and the last step the curing process :)
PS: but you have to do only a single line with buds into the paper bag ;)
P.E.A.C.E

Latest posts

Top Bottom