The Single Best Way to Maximize Yield!

• Thread starter bobbybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobbybrown

After growing for 3 years, I think I've found the single most effective way to maximize yield with the lowest cost, so here it is:

Start with 30% or more extra clones than you're planning to flower, then cull the slowest ones after 1 to 2 weeks. The more extra clones you cut start with, the better off you will be.

So if you're planning to flower 18 plants, then start with atleast 24 clones, then trash the slowest 6 plants after 1 or 2 weeks or whenever you can see the difference in speed, then focus on the top 18. Some grow faster than others regardless of environmental factors.

There is obviously a cost to do this, but that's why I think this post is important. As growers we're constantly searching for the best ROI on our time/money. This might mean you have to grow more mother plants, take more cuttings, or you might have to purchase twice as many clones, but it's a small price to pay for an entire canopy of THRIVING plants.

Experienced growers, what are your thoughts on this?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

how about choosing plants that thrive in an your manageable environment without to much manipulation inthe transitions of four seasons, you may need to incorporate a four pheno rotation according to the season your in...alot of work amigo!

B

bobbybrown

I don't follow? I'm in a sealed environment where nothing ever changes. My AC's and Dehumidifiers are oversized and I've already been at this location for over 1 year, so I can confirm the stable environments.

I think the main thing for me personally will be keeping a really healthy rotation of mother plants and taking double the cuttings. It's just hard because my mother room has to be really big.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Alternating from harvesting clones and seeds but mothers dont flower well for me and the seasons effect the grow also moon patterns especially when rooting, look at it this way you think a box made of anything material can intervene or deflect all of the effects of the sun and the moon, i dont think so certainly not gravity. It would be nice to be a genius and attach academic doc's proving all this but im not and i dont. Call it an opinion. plus during the peak seasons dont your heaters or coolers overwork dehumidifiers .....im getting off the subject side fx you know but the single most important i thing i think theres is not one single most not from my opinion cuz i jumped into to having to do various things right off the back.... i think single most important isssss genetics monogrow

xrob415x

xrob415x

Bruh I for sure agree with you on this @bobbybrown. @caveman u got me hella confused lol

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

:D my bad my main input is to mono grow with a yielding strain that thrives for you in your environment.

S

swisscheese

Mono crops and big clone selections are definitely the way to get the best yields. I culled several plants today just because they were weak or falling behind. There's always weaklings that aren't worth flowering and that can usually be figured out before a plant is a foot tall from the media up so it's not a huge loss to kill a couple and let the best flourish.

sedate

sedate

swisscheese said:
Start with 30% or more extra clones than you're planning to flower, then cull the slowest ones after 1 to 2 weeks. The more extra clones you cut start with, the better off you will be
Mono crops and big clone selections are definitely the way to get the best yields. I culled several plants today just because they were weak or falling behind. There's always weaklings that aren't worth flowering and that can usually be figured out before a plant is a foot tall from the media up so it's not a huge loss to kill a couple and let the best flourish.

Um. I do agree it is a good idea to cut a few extra clones that you plant on using - but I usually do it in case of some sort of physical damage - I've broken the stems a few times with butter-fingers and dropping the dome.

But - I have to say planning on culling 1/3 of the cut sort of makes me think you have a clone technique that is introducing unreliability somewhere - or you take clones from all different parts of a donor plant.

I, for one, generally have very even results from the clones I take.

S

swisscheese

Um. I do agree it is a good idea to cut a few extra clones that you plant on using - but I usually do it in case of some sort of physical damage - I've broken the stems a few times with butter-fingers and dropping the dome.

But - I have to say planning on culling 1/3 of the cut sort of makes me think you have a clone technique that is introducing unreliability somewhere - or you take clones from all different parts of a donor plant.

I get consistent results when I clone however some clones always seem to do better than others when you take enough.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I root in soil and see roots within a week...and from all parts of the plant even cuttings including the main stalk cloning is my favorite aspect but I can't wait to learn how to graft.

B

bobbybrown

I'm a new grower, and I take about 150 cuttings every 2 weeks...but I still can't figure it out perfectly. I think my main problem is that my mother plants are not in the best health. But like the other guy said, some just take off faster no matter what in my garden. I've tried labeling to see if it was specifically 1 mother plant over another, but it's not mother specific.

So I'm trying a new thing which is a perpetual mother garden where I will rotate out new mothers every 3 months or so regardless of the health. I'm hoping this will help produce more stable clones across the board.

S

swisscheese

Get those moms healthy mr. brown! Big numbers like you do definitely always have some stand outs and that has been my experience as well, thanks for the backup I thought sedate was going to beat me up! :p

Top Bottom