The strongest treat imo

• Thread starter LordDankinstien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I made a batch of butter by grinding leaf matter and some buds up and cooking them in the slow cooker for 24hrs I added butter and water since there was so much plant matter and not enough butter, after that I poured some captain morgan spiced rum in it every few hours, I strained it after 24 hours cooled it and then baked with it.

I made brownies, sugar cookies, chocolate chips cookies, and pumpkin spicy bread.

Out all of them the brownies had the most butter by volume so I figured they would be the strongest... Nope the sugar cookies blew all of them away by far. Im not sure what the difference is but I done this a few more times since and the sugar cookies are always the strongest.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Weird. Can I ask why the 24 hr? You are just gonna pull more of the plant material into the butter. The only thing about butter is it has ruined peanut butter cookies for me. Used to eat them every week now when I eat a normal one I almost want to vomit because that taste is in my mouth YUCK!

For some strong treats eat hash oil. That will send ya to the moon.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Weird. Can I ask why the 24 hr? You are just gonna pull more of the plant material into the butter. The only thing about butter is it has ruined peanut butter cookies for me. Used to eat them every week now when I eat a normal one I almost want to vomit because that taste is in my mouth YUCK!

Try adding some vanilla next time to the butter,it helps with the taste

Blaze

Blaze

What temp did you cook the different baked goods at and for how long? Cooking temp and time makes a difference and can affect potency, if you bake at too high a temperature for too long you will vaporize off some if not most of the psychoactive ingredients. You can have the most potent butter in the world, but if you bake your brownies at 400 F there isn't going to be much left in them to get you stoned. Recipes that bake at lower temps (like 300 or less) or are "no bake" are the way to go.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Hmm nice one blaze that makes sence I never thought to just turn down the temp. dur dur dur Im gonna try that next time with the brownies and try to get them stronger. But I smoke alot and those sugar cookies tasted the best and it was like "blast off" high.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Because Ive done long and short cooks and it seems to be the strongest why I cook it the longest. BTW the slow cook is on as low as it will go.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Thats cool man. Ive done the same thing. Seems just taste was the only real affect. Once I started making milk I havent looked back to butter.

M

mellokitty

sounds yummilicious. *sigh* sometimes i wish i wasn't allergic to alcohol....

@cemchris: i think agitation and temperature have a lot more to do with plant matter than time. i 'brew' my 'sun butter' in the full sun for 2 summer days (fridge after dark) with no mixing beyond combining the ingredients. it looks like unpressed blond water hash and while i say so myself, it's glorious. most people can't tell my carrot cake is secretly happy (<- which is apparently a bad thing for a poker game. oops.)

@garden: i make mine with whipping cream, but in this forum there's a thread with a good recipe. i think it's called "Marijuana Saves Lives Milk Thread", here in recipes.

S

stifler

i need canna milk in my life.
Been english i have to ask... can you make tea with it ordo you jus drink it alone?
What about chocolate milkshake made with canna milk?

D

Dirtsurfr

I use 2 OZ Bud to 1Lb Butter
2Hrs Hi 4Hrs low in the crockpot.
I'll try this 24 hr thing

L

LostFarmer

Ok so while in the crockpot how much water+Butter ratio did you use or if any at all, or did you just put the matter in their with nothing else?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

a little suggestion to try if you have the means or time.

build a diy tumbler and tumble your trim and cook with the kief. i've done this once now and the flavor is much better then exposing your food directly to the plant matter. also this allows you to get much more accurate with recpie reproduction. say you make (to keep it simple) 10 cookies with 1 stick of butter and to that stick of butter you added 10 grams. if they are too strong next time maybe you reduce it by 2.5 grams or even down to 5 grams. you can adjust and find what makes them perfect every time and you have no worries about the quality of the trim or how frosty the trim is this run vs last run etc because you are dealing with just the trichs so a gram is a gram but with trim a oz one run may be much better then a oz the next :)

Ole Scratch

Ole Scratch

a little suggestion to try if you have the means or time.

build a diy tumbler and tumble your trim and cook with the kief. i've done this once now and the flavor is much better then exposing your food directly to the plant matter. also this allows you to get much more accurate with recpie reproduction. say you make (to keep it simple) 10 cookies with 1 stick of butter and to that stick of butter you added 10 grams. if they are too strong next time maybe you reduce it by 2.5 grams or even down to 5 grams. you can adjust and find what makes them perfect every time and you have no worries about the quality of the trim or how frosty the trim is this run vs last run etc because you are dealing with just the trichs so a gram is a gram but with trim a oz one run may be much better then a oz the next :)

Good advice there. when i have trim, I like to turn it into bubble hash to make my edibles. And it is much easier to fine tune your recipes that way for sure.:)

BNUTTHEHUT

BNUTTHEHUT

I use a spice grinder and grind up the popcorn at the bottom of the stem. Grind it up to a fine powder and just sprinkle that on whatever you like. I find that taste wise it goes well with any red sauce pasta. Just mix it in with the sauce right before you serve and it taste bomb. Dont use to much or else you wont be doing much for a few days.

N

NorcalODB

I made a batch of butter by grinding leaf matter and some buds up and cooking them in the slow cooker for 24hrs I added butter and water since there was so much plant matter and not enough butter, after that I poured some captain morgan spiced rum in it every few hours, I strained it after 24 hours cooled it and then baked with it.

I made brownies, sugar cookies, chocolate chips cookies, and pumpkin spicy bread.

Out all of them the brownies had the most butter by volume so I figured they would be the strongest... Nope the sugar cookies blew all of them away by far. Im not sure what the difference is but I done this a few more times since and the sugar cookies are always the strongest.
Nice job on the captain morgans however I use a cheap brandy because the alcohol burns off anyways and my opinion is it doesn't do anything for taste, it just draws out more THC. Do you prep your plant matter prior to cooking your butter, 120' for 90 minutes, this step is important?

Anyhow I only rough cut my leave and cook the butter, brandy, and water for 24hrs and its always the chronic.
Recipe;
1oz trim
1 stick butter ( I use Irish or European because of the high fat which brings out the THC even more)
2 cups water
1/2 cup brandy

Top Bottom