The Switch? Help!!!

• Thread starter Mattchoopike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mattchoopike

Mattchoopike

I'm currently running 600w mh to veg.
I've heard I shouldn't switch them w direct 600w hps when I switch. Is this true? I have dimmable ballast Should I turn down to 400 w for a week or so then switch to hps or jus leave it be an only switch bulb/times? Thanks

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I've heard I shouldn't switch them w direct 600w hps when I switch. Is this true? I have dimmable ballast Should I turn down to 400 w for a week or so then switch to hps or jus leave it be an only switch bulb/times? Thanks
ive run mh all the way threw before,you talking about flip right,doent matter there already hardened off from veg lights,you can swope them lights to led if you want,now if you take them outside you will have to harden them off a week or so depends on plant,but full sun light is much more than we can provide in a closet you dig

Mattchoopike

Mattchoopike

So shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as too much light. They are already under 600 so I really didn't think it would hurt by changing the spectrum an times

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I see no reason why switching from the same wattage in MH to HPS would cause a problem. Going the other way might because MH produces UV light, but HPS does not.

G gnome

G gnome

No man. Ur good. U can go ahead and switch to hps.

I see no reason why switching from the same wattage in MH to HPS would cause a problem. Going the other way might because MH produces UV light, but HPS does not.
why wud goin from hps to mh cause a problem? Just curious. ....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Because MH produces ultraviolent light, whereas HPS doesn't.

Mattchoopike

Mattchoopike

Thanks a lot guys an gals. I'm new af to all of it. Jus popped some bag seeds an bought some stuff. Don't know for sure if they even females yet I'm assuming this one shown is a male???? They are still in veg so should I axe him now or no

Mattchoopike

Mattchoopike

Dif can see a difference in the two jus need to know which is bad. The one I suspect to be male is way bigger an more developed even w lst

Smerb

Smerb

If your able to run both kinds of light do that. And that fuckin set of balls has to go. Unless you breed.....

Mattchoopike

Mattchoopike

Or jus wait on that til it for sure shows. Idk the strain but all wer germed same day

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Right. I read that the first time u wrote it......im curious as to why thats a problem?
UV is what will cause burning. Organisms have to be acclimated to it. There are a couple of ways to handle it, just be cognizant that if switching from HPS to MH they're getting a different spectrum that includes UV.
Dif can see a difference in the two jus need to know which is bad. The one I suspect to be male is way bigger an more developed even w lst
This is very common and can act as a 'hint' that the plant may be a male.

G gnome

G gnome

UV is what will cause burning. Organisms have to be acclimated to it. There are a couple of ways to handle it, just be cognizant that if switching from HPS to MH they're getting a different spectrum that includes UV.

This is very common and can act as a 'hint' that the plant may be a male.
Ok, gotcha. Thx.
Ive never went from hps to mh so wasnt sure what u meant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom