The Terps Chart, Absolute? Or Relative?

• Thread starter Junk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

We have all seen the Terps chart. I never bothered to save it or I would post it for anyone who hasn't seen it. I didn't save it because it's pretty easy to remember.

But is dawn and dusk in reference to outside conditions? (Absolute)

Or is it encased in the lighting scenario you have created? (Relative) E.g. In the heat of summer, I run my lights at night, to better control temps.

My dawn and dusk now are opposite the natural world.

Does anyone know which I should ideally follow?

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
TerpineFlux

shemshemet

shemshemet

I would think you'd have to know the source of the chart, and the experiment(s) done to know what factor was prevalent in the terpene concentration figures.

The chart makes it seem like it has to do with light, but you are right, temperatures probably come into play. And I am sure other factors as well. Turgidity, humidity, etc.

I've got no answer for you, just more questions!

Junk

Junk

Sorry, for some reason I missed the alerts that this thread had any activity.

Yes, that is the chart, so you can see why I never saved it. Pretty easy to remember.

Relative conditions makes sense to me.

soserthc1

soserthc1

That's is an out door chart which I'm sure your aware. In indoor growing you try to mimick the natural od growing conditions. I've been putting some thoughts into this lately and have seriously been considering switching my light hour to 14 0n 10 off but vradually.
Outdoor plants will start flowering on 9.40 minutes sleep by that chart and by my real life experiences. My outdoor now in 3 weeks in flower and wouldnt even have started yet at 12/12 sept 23 .
Now I run at night to 6 to 6 and I dont feel plants can tell when adapted to indoors that their cycle is flipped. I am going to start staggering my lights 15 mins apart to see if the plants consider a mild light for 15 equal to sunrise and sunset

Top Bottom