The Th3Jungl3Boy's Garden Is Open with Purple Kush & Granddaddy Purple!

• Thread starter Th3Jungl3Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

What's up Farmers!
This is gonna be my second run but within few changes.
At this time I will be running only 1 plant per bucket and I hope achieve the same weight (1.2lb) or more than my first run.
The plants were transplant just 15 min ago. As you guys can see I am super cropping them and I will install the net when they reach 12" tall, they're only 8-9 yet.
I will be using H&G Aqua Flakes this time as I got it for a really good deal at the local hydro store.
Strains are Purple Kush & Granddaddy Purple. It would be all PK but one of them as taking forever to root so I had to throw the GDP in the game. I don't know for how long I will keep them vegetating yet, I will decide as they start to grow and get comfy in the new place. They were being had watering for about 2 weeks after being transplanted to a 6" Grodan Stonewool blocks.
I have to send my A/C unit back because it arrived damaged, good thing because I may upgrade to a 13k BTU as I'm not being able to drop the temperature below 70 :(
Chiller was placed outside as well. My goal is to keep the temperature in flowering period as cold as possible, I really wanna see a show of Purple Snow in the garden :character0029:
I was thinking about bringing outside air to cool the lights, instead using what's is already warm in the room. That way I would be able to keep the cold air from the A/C in the room, What do you guys think?
I was wondering why some growers keep the air pump outside of the room when running CO2? I know it will be sucked by air pump and injected in the water, but what are the results? What can it cause to the plants?

R/O Water Ph 6.1 PPM 20
Was added in the system:

Micro 30ml PH 6.7 PPM 100
R Excel 33ml PH 6.7 PPM 100
Drip Clean 17ml PH 6.3 PPM 100
Silica 30ml PH 8.0 PPM100
ADD .27ml PH 7.2 PPM 140
Aquashield 30ml PH 7.2 PPM140
Cal-Mag 35ml PH 7.0 PPM190
H&G A+B 120ml PH6.0 PPM400 (Ph was adjusted to 5.7)

In flowering I will use:
H&G Aqua Flakes A+B
Bud Ignitor (Week 1-2)
Big Bud (Week 2-4)
Shooting Powder (Week 4-6)

Now few photos:
IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

2 16" FAN - Dimmable Gallaxy Ballst - 20lb CO2 TANK - 6" INLINE FAN (Bring fresh AIR - CAN FILTER 50.
IMG_0326.JPG

18" and 16" FAN

IMG_0327.JPG

A/C SHARP CV-10NH 10K BTU

IMG_0328.JPG

BEFORE NUTRIENTS
IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

CHILLER OUTSIDE
IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Super clean start bud! Pimped out room and got the ladies ready to party! I call shotgun... :passingjoint:

G

gettogro

Looks awesome, I would defiantly move the air pump outside the GR. You dont want to pump high levels of co2 in the root zone.

g

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Very nice and clean bro
Try bumping the chiller down to about 52f when your flushing at the end. That should help the purple jump out a little bit
Keep it up
BG

M

medicine21

Looks clean, man! Good luck with this run!

Looks awesome, I would defiantly move the air pump outside the GR. You dont want to pump high levels of co2 in the root zone.

g

Why would you move it outside? You've done a controlled experiment that clearly showed it was bad?

The reason I ask is because I started a thread on this very topic and did not see any proof that this is not a myth. Sharing your experience would be greatly appreciated:

D

DoLLa420

Lookin good Jungl3.. you said you yielded a lil over a pound out your last grow right..? what strains and HID wattage was utilized or you can link me, Im assuming it was 4 plants..Ima supercropping fiend man I swear by it..

An untrained bitch is simply uncouth..lol

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Super clean start bud! Pimped out room and got the ladies ready to party! I call shotgun... :passingjoint:

Thanks a lot Shady! I really appreciate all the good vibes and advices you have been providing to help my garden! A+++

That's exactly what I have been asking, what could happen keeping the air pump inside?
I'm glad you like it Gettogro, Thanks :)

Very nice and clean bro
Try bumping the chiller down to about 52f when your flushing at the end. That should help the purple jump out a little bit
Keep it up
BG

What's up BudGoggles?
I actually have been reading your entire journal and I did see that you drop the water temp, I even did during the last days of flush but I don't think was enough. What's the result dropping the water temp and for how long it should be done? I also read that dropping the room temperature to below 70 stimulates a more colorful plant, Do you agree?
Please feel free to give more advices so I can have beautiful flowers like yours :)

Lookin good Jungl3.. you said you yielded a lil over a pound out your last grow right..? what strains and HID wattage was utilized or you can link me, Im assuming it was 4 plants..Ima supercropping fiend man I swear by it..

An untrained bitch is simply uncouth..lol

Hi DoLLa420!
How's going? Yes I did get around 1.3 growing 8 small plants around 2ft tall, 2 per bucket. I know now that I could get a little bit more if I didn't have start high in PPM and other shit that I did.
You can read everything right here :

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Vegetating Day 3

A very short update as there's no much going on yet.
Plants are growing fast as well the roots which has exploded in just 2 days. I'm uploading few pics so you guys can have an idea of the progress in this system. (For those who doesn't have UC yet) ;(
The plants were straight up a day after super crop them, just waiting few more days to continuing doing it until flip the lights, which may happen end of the next week after install the net.
PPM raised from 400 to 450 after a day but the plants drank 20, I really believe that I should have started at 300 but I will wait for any signs, if nothing happens I will just keep the way it is now. Ph is very stable at 5.8, not swing down or up at all!
I can't stop thinking about how to keep my room as cold as possible, but this is not happening :(
What's happening is that I have the exhaust fan sucking the air through a carbon filter to cool the light, but it also sucks the cold air from inside of the room, which causes the temperature to raise and the AC keeps working 24/7.
So, I did a test. I turned off the exhaust fan that cools the light leaving the AC running, it worked perfectly! The temperature dropped to 68. I'm wondering if I should buy one of those HEPA or what they call mushroom head filter, make a hole in the room and bring the air from outside to cool the room, this way I'd be able to keep the cold air inside, but the carbon filter would be retired, or should I just use the carbon filter anyways and place outside of the room?
Thanks for all the good vibes friends!
Peace!

Day 2
A day after Super Crop and they had already recovered

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

Day 3 (Today)
IMG_0323.JPG

Roots progress
IMG_0370S.jpg

snoopytime

snoopytime

Dammmmmmm Mannnnnnnnn! Thats a tite-ass room! shit looks space-level! Very nice job man, best of luck!

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

very nice, very clean setup.. thanks for the root shot pics.. where do u have the water level in your buckets when u started them?? i raised mine to about an inch below the inner lip of the bucket which i believe is about 2-3 inches above the bottom of the net pot i think its hard for me to tell exactly how much up into the net pot the water is..

R

Randyb

Very clean setup.
Keep your air pump outside the garden as you don't want the co2 pumped into the roots. Hopefully the air outside is cool as well to avoid heating the bucket water with hot air. Looking forward to more pictures.

T

TackleBerry

Looks healthy and happy! What type of medium are you using? Thx

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter

A very short update as there's no much going on yet.
Plants are growing fast as well the roots which has exploded in just 2 days. I'm uploading few pics so you guys can have an idea of the progress in this system. (For those who doesn't have UC yet) ;(
The plants were straight up a day after super crop them, just waiting few more days to continuing doing it until flip the lights, which may happen end of the next week after install the net.
PPM raised from 400 to 450 after a day but the plants drank 20, I really believe that I should have started at 300 but I will wait for any signs, if nothing happens I will just keep the way it is now. Ph is very stable at 5.8, not swing down or up at all!
I can't stop thinking about how to keep my room as cold as possible, but this is not happening :(
What's happening is that I have the exhaust fan sucking the air through a carbon filter to cool the light, but it also sucks the cold air from inside of the room, which causes the temperature to raise and the AC keeps working 24/7.
So, I did a test. I turned off the exhaust fan that cools the light leaving the AC running, it worked perfectly! The temperature dropped to 68. I'm wondering if I should buy one of those HEPA or what they call mushroom head filter, make a hole in the room and bring the air from outside to cool the room, this way I'd be able to keep the cold air inside, but the carbon filter would be retired, or should I just use the carbon filter anyways and place outside of the room?
Thanks for all the good vibes friends!
Peace!

Day 2
A day after Super Crop and they had already recovered

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

Day 3 (Today)
IMG_0323.JPG

Roots progress
IMG_0370S.jpg

It seems your best bet would be to take the fresh air intake and plug it into your light and exaust the hot air, making it a sealed room. then let the ac cool your room effectively. 10k btu is plenty for 1k hps. then you will use alot less co2 from your bottle and you can bump your daytime temps up to around 80
Then you can scrub the room by just running the carbon filter in the room wthout exhausting it

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

very nice, very clean setup.. thanks for the root shot pics.. where do u have the water level in your buckets when u started them?? i raised mine to about an inch below the inner lip of the bucket which i believe is about 2-3 inches above the bottom of the net pot i think its hard for me to tell exactly how much up into the net pot the water is..

Hi babyhughie586!
How's everything with you and your beautiful garden?
That's exactly how I keep the water in the beginning. I run it about 1-2 inch above the net pot bottom.

Very clean setup.
Keep your air pump outside the garden as you don't want the co2 pumped into the roots. Hopefully the air outside is cool as well to avoid heating the bucket water with hot air. Looking forward to more pictures.

What's Randyb?
Have you started your journal?
I'm not sure if I will use CO2 this run unless I buy a decent CO2 monitor. If I decide to use I won't move to outside as I want to see the results, and I also don't have room to place it outside :(
Thanks for the advice buddy!

Looks healthy and happy! What type of medium are you using? Thx

Hey TackleBerry!
I'm using Dyna Rok-2

file_4_28.jpg

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

First Week Vegetating

What's farmers!
How's everything going so far?
I'm having a such a good time fixing all the small things in the room making it much more quiet and being able to keep the temperature low :lock:
An update on the girls now.
They're growing fast! I bumped the PPM to 500 yesterday as they have been eating like they won't have any more tomorrow.
One of the plants were showing some yellow leaves in the bottom few days ago. I thought this plant was suffering of be N deficiency, also because it is a different strain (Grandddaddy Purple) so I decided to add 30ml of micro, few days later and few more were getting yellow. This morning I decided to pull out the plant to check the roots and bingo! Roots were getting slimy brown, but isn't root rot guys! It was caused after transplant this specific plant from 3" net pot to a 8", as the plant already had some roots out of the 3" net pot and it were seated on the bottom of the other net pot mixed with the medium, probably were damaged and were starting to die, but there are already a bunch of new white growth.
One curious thing is that the biggest plant in the system is the youngest one! Yes, I made this clone at least a week after the others have already roots, and this one so far is almost double of the size of the others.
I have been reading a bunch of topics about best nutrient line to run in the CC and many growers didn't have good experience with House & Garden, complaining about high N values in flower, PH swings and etc. I am loving it! So far so good!!! I'm not having any PH swing at all. Since last week the PH has been at 5.7/5.8 and my plants looks much more healthier than when I used DM. I don't have anything negative to say about DM either as I don't have many runs in my belt, but just comparing the beginning of this run with my other one I can tell they're loving it too.
Time for pics :)

In just a week roots has exploded! I'm starting to worry about it and I may order the new lids because I smell troubleshooting :thinking

IMG_0331.JPG

Huge GREEN leaves :)
IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

This is the one that was having roots issues. I will wait couple more of days as there are new growth and all the bad tissue was removed.

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

Comparing plants on day 1 and 7
Comparing.jpg

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

It seems your best bet would be to take the fresh air intake and plug it into your light and exaust the hot air, making it a sealed room. then let the ac cool your room effectively. 10k btu is plenty for 1k hps. then you will use alot less co2 from your bottle and you can bump your daytime temps up to around 80
Then you can scrub the room by just running the carbon filter in the room wthout exhausting it

That's exactly what I will do!
Thanks a lot!

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Just a small update in the room.
I got a new Sentinel and everything is going to be dialed :)
Plants are looking so gorgeous!!! I'm just waiting for the GDP bounce back to flip the light to 12/12.
Peace!

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice new gear brah! Sentinel makes solid products... :cool

Top Bottom