The two Hawaii seed companies

• Thread starter jollycanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
I did it I ordered from both Hawaii based seed companies!
For decades Hawaii has been renowned for some serious fire, by those who are well smoked. Maui Wowie, Kauai Electric, Molokai frost, Kona gold, Puna budda, the Blood, just to name a few. We would hear about how great they are or iconic from movies and magazines. How many of us actually got to smoke it? Grown from the source? Well now we have seeds with that start in Hawaii and you can finish with your location for some special fire.

I read all over and herd from guys all over about how both companies was fake insert derogatory term for white transplants with bad word and style. That no one has Kauai electric it has to be fake they are both trying to pass off other chronic strains as these legends.

What I know from my research.
The look of one of my kauai electric geno was the same as pau mana ohana picture of kauai electric. It was from big because pau mana was sold out. The effect is hawaiian to me. So I think both have the same strain.

Big has terrible customer service lol. But I still wanted his seeds.
The two hawaii seed companies

I grew out kauai electric harvested, still in veg citrus swell (zkittle x cali orange), rainbow kush, puna candy.

If you can get a seed to work it will probably be pretty good but there is a seed quality issue and they are sometimes molded, or other contamination and won't start.
All of mine worked except electric diesel and Molokai snow. Even the replacement of Molokai snow had botritus gray mold... But all the one that started is and was cherry. Only issues with big is seed contamination no starts. Because the mold or whatever. The others did start. But the customer service felt like going to a dealer in the old days who was a douche and you didn't know if you would get the correct weight or strain but it was always fire. Very unpleasant for me. But I would order again and hope their costumer service improves and their seed contamination improve because so far I'm happy with what I got but I know my grow a bit so if there is a terp that I call pull ill pull it..

Pau mana ohana seeds Hawaiis 1st legit seed bank
The two hawaii seed companies 2

Pau mana has some legends in stock some times. Any one who knows of the duckfoot or elephant Kauai electric, even Hawaii specials like skunk dawg crosses. Only issue these guy have so far is keeping those classics in stock. I should always be able to see a Kauai electric or the blood IBL instock. But even if your favorite is not in stock they have serious verity some crosses that spark an interest. Kauai electric x duckfoot x puna budder I mean wow if it all hits right who would want aderall. Through conversations with people I think at least elephant is legit. But we got the mix and ive grown elephant stomper, and seen the legit duck and smoked her and have smoked a lot of skunk dawg and aloha white widow 98.

The kauai electric issue.
I don't know how inbred land races work but if kauai electric was kept alive in seed all these years chances are she has changed a little and unless it was the it genotype that they had then it will always be a variation eluding back to that"it"genotype clone. The smell was like described and we have the Hawaiian high "for sure...sure yeah..sure" (Adam Sandler character in the hot chick) so because the paumana picture was pheno #2 for me in my grow of BIG Kauai electric as in paumanas picture of a big kauai electric looks like my 1ft top they are both the same and have to both be hawaiian. If your lucky paumana has the seeds you want otherwise just hope BIG improves costumer service.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
I got stoned again forgot the point...

Both seeds come from hawaii and there for have some chron. And we get multiple pheno influences that last in a seed for a bit. It sounds pompus but we have to live on an island the nug needs to be island grown to get that island stone. Also we had a lot of out laws from the 60s come out here and grow buds we all love and they just kept coming... Even the chemical trash out here has serious power. But brah I like dat hippie weed dat ancient Hawaiian grown. No chemicals no strife.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
there is well over 20 hawaii based seed companies. from what ive seen now. so far ive only had these 2 big by far my fav so far... but havent tried the duckfoot i grew yet.

Gameover

Gameover

EA24B771 7003 409B 9B39 143820940303
A9378A28 DD46 498A 8979 CA8F15AF15E9

My daughter found a bag of Maui Wowie seeds in an old speaker that I had collected when I was 16 years old. My friend brought back the buds directly from Hawaii back in 1994, the seeds were sorted. I thought they were lost forever.
These seeds are 27 years old and I have not had luck popping any even with GA-3.

Gameover

Gameover

It has been so long I forgot what these Hawaiin strains smoked like. I'm hoping to get something going because these are legit old school Hawaiin seeds.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
View attachment 1122717View attachment 1122716
My daughter found a bag of Maui Wowie seeds in an old speaker that I had collected when I was 16 years old. My friend brought back the buds directly from Hawaii back in 1994, the seeds were sorted. I thought they were lost forever.
These seeds are 27 years old and I have not had luck popping any even with GA-3.

Mix sugar with the water for the seed soak 24hr or until it sinks and then a lightly damp towel not wet at all... probably needs carbs...

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
It has been so long I forgot what these Hawaiin strains smoked like. I'm hoping to get something going because these are legit old school Hawaiin seeds.
Do the hydrogen peroxide dilution soak for like 30min then do the sugar water soak. Or bleach solution... kill the mold n shit and sugar is the missing carbs

GYOweed

GYOweed

View attachment 1122717View attachment 1122716
Those look hard shelled.
12hr shotglass, ro, splash store shelf h202.
You can still try ga3 but try carefully cracking it between tweezers till u hear it dont crack it open and drop back in another 12.
Did the dead ones have a white core?

Top Bottom