The Uk Awesome Member And Growers Thread

• Thread starter ghettogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
whitebob

whitebob

on a growing subject quickly, not wanting detract from the immense conversation that were all having...coming to the end of my grow in auto pots, would flushing with weak nute through the top of my pots be beneficial... as they spend most of there time sucking there water up,,, do i need to flush out through the bottom or its it cool just to gradually reduce there food and let them carry on sucking it up... basically my plants have spent there lives having a constant an enema i suppose...lol cleansing:p

G gnome

G gnome

on a growing subject quickly, not wanting detract from the immense conversation that were all having...coming to the end of my grow in auto pots, would flushing with weak nute through the top of my pots be beneficial... as they spend most of there time sucking there water up,,, do i need to flush out through the bottom or its it cool just to gradually reduce there food and let them carry on sucking it up... basically my plants have spent there lives having a constant an enema i suppose...lol cleansing:p
Id flush em

Toaster79

Toaster79

Id love a few guns, ive always been a good shot I usedto play about with bb guns and gas pellet guns when I was younger and I tell ya john wyne aint got shit on me! I shot a fly off the wall ffs witha desert eagle (airsoft) lol ive got a ratbuster which is a little .22 gas pistol hood for taking little vermin out

and for protection ive got a small sword thats damn sharp wouldntgo near anyone swinging it about lol, Id like acrossbow like gnomes too just for target practice

That's my baby:

20160724 154720
20160724 154843
20160724 154823

It's an air rifle but I can still put a match in two halves from 20m distance

We been foolin around with a Beretta soft air gun shooting a target. 7/10 dead center. You should see all the stupid looks I got.

My old mans friend is a collector and has a few WWI rifles. We shoot a .22LR at 50m distance at a target and put all in the black. That rifle has less recoil than my air rifle.

Last edited:
whitebob

whitebob

Yeah thru the top rmfao. How the fuck are u gonna flush it from the bottom? Lol
this was my point.. i can effectively flush them by allowing them to take lower ec nutes until they are effectively flushed.. or i can do as your saying flush the medium through therefore flushing the plants in the process. just wondered if it was necessary to flush through the medium as they have spent there life taking all there food through the arse... do you see what i mean...bearing int mind I've never grown in soil and this is the first time I've used any medium at all...:D

mancdank

mancdank

I always like to put a jug of water through the top of my pots when growing in hydro every 2 weeks or at least at the beginning of flower and at flush minimum

G gnome

G gnome

this was my point.. i can effectively flush them by allowing them to take lower ec nutes until they are effectively flushed.. or i can do as your saying flush the medium through therefore flushing the plants in the process. just wondered if it was necessary to flush through the medium as they have spent there life taking all there food through the arse... do you see what i mean...bearing int mind I've never grown in soil and this is the first time I've used any medium at all...:D
Apparently u are not understanding the meaning of the word flush. Flushing implys that u are rinsing the dirt out. What ur talkin about doin is not flushing but starving. Is it absolutely necessary? No.
Ur original question was can i flush from the bottom and the answer is no. Why are u watering ur plants ass backwards anyhow?

mancdank

mancdank

Apparently u are not understanding the meaning of the word flush. Flushing implys that u are rinsing the dirt out. What ur talkin about doin is not flushing but starving. Is it absolutely necessary? No.
Ur original question was can i flush from the bottom and the answer is no. Why are u watering ur plants ass backwards anyhow?
That's the way auto pots feed. I've never been a big fan after seeing the damage 1 caused when it dumped the res :)

whitebob

whitebob

flushing in any case is starvation. less starving if I'm still giving them food just lower quantities so that all the plants normal processes can still take place.. as apposed to giving them just water which would be starving them.. would it not... and what manc said thats the way autopots work feed from the bottom with a float control on the nutes... but i will def put some through the top of the pots.. just to ensure a good flush through as it seems it will be beneficial...
i tend to turn the tap off that feeds the plant maybe once a week to let them dry out a bit. only downside about the autopots is they are wet all the time otherwise... and don't run my food very strong at all with no ill effects.. this also means i don't get much build up... good clean now and again.. problem solved:D

G gnome

G gnome

flushing in any case is starvation. less starving if I'm still giving them food just lower quantities so that all the plants normal processes can still take place.. as apposed to giving them just water which would be starving them.. would it not... and what manc said thats the way autopots work feed from the bottom with a float control on the nutes... but i will def put some through the top of the pots.. just to ensure a good flush through as it seems it will be beneficial...
i tend to turn the tap off that feeds the plant maybe once a week to let them dry out a bit. only downside about the autopots is they are wet all the time otherwise... and don't run my food very strong at all with no ill effects.. this also means i don't get much build up... good clean now and again.. problem solved:D
Whatever ya gotta tell urself, lil buddy.

whitebob

whitebob

Whatever ya gotta tell urself, lil buddy.
I'm asking an opinion dude.. Im not sure what you mean by the above.... do you not think thats right..:bored:.???. what would you do if you were growing in a bottom feed system if thats what you had to do??? I'm trying to learn from people with more experience... just trying to establish the most effective way of cleansing my plants of any nutes or nasties that we don't want in the final product....

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

What EC's do you run G Gnome

I run
1.0-1.2 in veg
1.4 for the fisrt 2 weeks
1.6 week 3
1.8 week 4 to week 7
week 8 1.6 dropping to 1.2 by end of week.
Plain water or flushing solution for 1 week to end

Assuming a 9 weeker

I have 10 autopots and I love them but I used them in the greenhouse, they're excellent for tomatoes so would think cannabis would be great. I bought them for my attic but then chickened out because a sticky autopot valve can empty the reservoir through your ceiling lol. So I used them outdoors with hydro nutes and fytocell.

Autopots are 15l I think.

Top feeding does have another very important function when the solution drains the medium it sucks fresh air into the root system. The more you water the better the aeration.

That's why pebble recirc is the dogs bollocks and on par with any DWC.

The best system is of course true aeroponics (Not Amazon type system or sprinklersponics is what I like to call it. Which are more flood and drain crossed with DWC!) but true aero is just too much hassle, too expensive, too prone to failure due to blocked nozzles.

Last edited:
whitebob

whitebob

thanks for all that dude big help...ive not really gone over 1.4 for fear of burning my babies... something I'm going to experiment a bit with next grow... going to try push them a little bit more... but I've had good results running at low ec..

am i right in thinking pebble recirc is pure pebbles top fed then recirculated..

mancdank

mancdank

thanks for all that dude big help...ive not really gone over 1.4 for fear of burning my babies... something I'm going to experiment a bit with next grow... going to try push them a little bit more... but I've had good results running at low ec..

am i right in thinking pebble recirc is pure pebbles top fed then recirculated..
All strains are diffrent some like heavy nutes others hate it read your plants they will tell u all u need to know on how much or little to give. If I'm using something that I've never used before I always start at half strength and work my way up from there. Simply because food company's ate greedy and want u using as much of there product as possible and in this game it's better to under nute than over :)

whitebob

whitebob

All strains are diffrent some like heavy nutes others hate it read your plants they will tell u all u need to know on how much or little to give. If I'm using something that I've never used before I always start at half strength and work my way up from there. Simply because food company's ate greedy and want u using as much of there product as possible and in this game it's better to under nute than over :)
awesome thanks dude thats kind of what i try and do. its just having the guts to push them, will take a few grows to get the confidence... loving every minute of it...:D

G gnome

G gnome

What EC's do you run G Gnome

I run
1.0-1.2 in veg
1.4 for the fisrt 2 weeks
1.6 week 3
1.8 week 4 to week 7
week 8 1.6 dropping to 1.2 by end of week.
Plain water or flushing solution for 1 week to end

Assuming a 9 weeker

I have 10 autopots and I love them but I used them in the greenhouse, they're excellent for tomatoes so would think cannabis would be great. I bought them for my attic but then chickened out because a sticky autopot valve can empty the reservoir through your ceiling lol. So I used them outdoors with hydro nutes and fytocell.

Autopots are 15l I think.

Top feeding does have another very important function when the solution drains the medium it sucks fresh air into the root system. The more you water the better the aeration.

That's why pebble recirc is the dogs bollocks and on par with any DWC.

The best system is of course true aeroponics (Not Amazon type system or sprinklersponics is what I like to call it. Which are more flood and drain crossed with DWC!) but true aero is just too much hassle, too expensive, too prone to failure due to blocked nozzles.
I dont have a set amount i feed em. Imo thinking along those lines is the wrong approach. .....what i do is start low and gradually increase intil i see something to suggest im over feeding.
I also tend to push my plants MUCH harder than most. I feed full strength every time i water i never use plain water either. I do not use ec i use ppm 500 scale and its not uncommon for me to get up to about 2,000 ppm which if im not mistaken is 4ec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom