The Uk Awesome Member And Growers Thread

• Thread starter ghettogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JGreenGiant

Real good man.....tired as fuck....she wore me out haha........just got done w garden werk....gonna watch a move w the kids
Otherwise engaged yesterday but happy anniversary fella...Im sure you know how I feel about the other thing! :-)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Just got my new fan n filter set up too, now pulling dbl M3h to previously....Grrrrrrrrr Be gone Foxtailing! :)
Just wanted to share that at times foxtailing can and is a genetic trait. Not 100% of the time from enviro stress as some folks believe. Way I knew this is when I moved here had never had a plant foxtail. Then when it happened I was like WTF. Thought it was heat stress from the desert enviro I'm in here. Next run with different strain never happened again. Same room same conditions. Peeps will argue that it,s enviro based all day long. I'm inclined to think it can be a genetic trait as well.

J

JGreenGiant

Just wanted to share that at times foxtailing can and is a genetic trait. Not 100% of the time from enviro stress as some folks believe. Way I knew this is when I moved here had never had a plant foxtail. Then when it happened I was like WTF. Thought it was heat stress from the desert enviro I'm in here. Next run with different strain never happened again. Same room same conditions. Peeps will argue that it,s enviro based all day long. I'm inclined to think it can be a genetic trait as well.
Im sure you are indeed right, but the weather has been particularly hot here (for the uk) and all of a sudden Im using 2x600w HID in an area twice the size as previously but with the same 375 m3 h 5" fan. My g room / cupboard felt hot whenever I stuck my face in there. Extraction now replaced with a 6" 760m3 h. Today was hot here and could immediately feel the difference. I have done this strain for 3 yrs from clone and it hasn't happened before. Though I dont doubt what you are saying. Apparently there is no definitive evidence to what causes foxtailing and I'd also just used diff nutes this time, GHE 3 part. So I guess it could be that too. Anyway temp def down now so lets see what the future holds!

mancdank

mancdank

Putting pk in at the wrong time is a fucker for it too. But also I agree some strains will do it at the slightest excuse. The sour tangie we had was a fickle fucker too but for hermie ime the sat dom strains are a little more prone to fox tails but I have had it I Indica dom strain too we called it viking it was a home made mix between nl and big bud

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well then, if your running the same strain over 3 years pretty safe to say it could be your enviro's after all. More than anything I just wanted you to have the info for future use. Always a process of elimination with these girls.

Peace and love man. Good grow karma comin at ya!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Putting pk in at the wrong time is a fucker for it too. But also I agree some strains will do it at the slightest excuse. The sour tangie we had was a fickle fucker too but for hermie ime the sat dom strains are a little more prone to fox tails but I have had it I Indica dom strain too we called it viking it was a home made mix between nl and big bud
You are correct bro. If they are going to fowtail 80% of time will be a sativa dom or pure sativa strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom