The Uk Awesome Member And Growers Thread

• Thread starter ghettogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saerimmner

Saerimmner

Shit I misread the forecast it's 22C tonight and cooler tomorrow night I might just leave the lights off tonight as the stress from 45C is probably more than the stress of losing the light for 1 night.

been over 20 at night here for about a week now so ive turnt the 600HPS off in the cupboard and whacked a few CFL`s in there lol

Desertboy

Desertboy

been over 20 at night here for about a week now so ive turnt the 600HPS off in the cupboard and whacked a few CFL`s in there lol
I only have a 400w but no intake or extraction which is fucking retarded as Manc pointed out I leave the tent unzipped a bit last night I unzipped the whole door lol. (This was the backup plan) l normally only leave the top unzipped a little which has gave me temps of 35c lights on which whilst on the high side is growable.

I have no illusions that not having fans isn't going to cost me at the moment I'm thinking ~30% yield but like yourself saerimmner the grow has to compromise to my house and not the other way round ;)

G gnome

G gnome

I only have a 400w but no intake or extraction which is fucking retarded as Manc pointed out I leave the tent unzipped a bit last night I unzipped the whole door lol. (This was the backup plan) l normally only leave the top unzipped a little which has gave me temps of 35c lights on which whilst on the high side is growable.

I have no illusions that not having fans isn't going to cost me at the moment I'm thinking ~30% yield but like yourself saerimmner the grow has to compromise to my house and not the other way round ;)
Hows those "trout" doin man?

Desertboy

Desertboy

Anything worth doin is worth doin right. No fans isnot right. How do fans have anything to do w ur house?
Ermm duct points Gnome in the UK we don't fit 8" duct points into every room unfortunately, would be fucking wicked if they did. If you don't own the house this is a problem.

But it's fan noise that's my issue I have an attic grow box with fans and everything but it's cooler running with no fans in my garage than it is with full fans in the attic at moment lol.

My neighbours had words about fans in garage years ago and I'm just not going down that route again, it's a nice old couple that I get on with I prefer no questions.

I have ozone to deal with smell and I monitored my co2 levels setting 350ppm my lower limit before I got fans. I would have got a co2 bottle but it's too much a PITA and looks dodgy bringing it in to the grow area. My co2 floats around 400ppm I do have a desk fan in the tent which must exchange enough air to supply the plants as natural is 450ppm here so the drop isn't exactly massive even towards lights off.

Winter's much more fun to grow in, gets dark early so easier to move dodgy bits of kit, people are indoors more and temps are less.

350ppm was the co2 at beginning of the 1900.

G gnome

G gnome

Ermm duct points Gnome in the UK we don't fit 8" duct points into every room unfortunately, would be fucking wicked if they did. If you don't own the house this is a problem.

But it's fan noise that's my issue I have an attic grow box with fans and everything but it's cooler running with no fans in my garage than it is with full fans in the attic at moment lol.

My neighbours had words about fans in garage years ago and I'm just not going down that route again, it's a nice old couple that I get on with I prefer no questions.

I have ozone to deal with smell and I monitored my co2 levels setting 350ppm my lower limit before I got fans. I would have got a co2 bottle but it's too much a PITA and looks dodgy bringing it in to the grow area. My co2 floats around 400ppm I do have a desk fan in the tent which must exchange enough air to supply the plants as natural is 450ppm here so the drop isn't exactly massive even towards lights off.

Winter's much more fun to grow in, gets dark early so easier to move dodgy bits of kit, people are indoors more and temps are less.

350ppm was the co2 at beginning of the 1900.

Sounds like a whole bunch of excuses to me.....if ud rather make excuses than solutions then thats up to u but i will say this.....therebare many ways to exchange air w/o the noise

Desertboy

Desertboy

Hows those "trout" doin man?
That pic wasn't what we caught it was one I found but in sunlight we realised we got a lot more fish than we thought although at least 1/2 died and we do indeed have some trout but also about 6 other types of fish as well. We know the ranger of the park and he ID'd the fish and told to help ourselves just do it at night lol.

They're brown trout apparently, going again tonight or tomorrow night for another bucket or 2 because they're literally are millions of the fuckers lol. The lake is a fishing lake for mostly trout which is why we thought trout lol. Also the ranger told that's where to get trout.

I'll get some pics when we get some more we poured the others into the main pond.

G gnome

G gnome

That pic wasn't what we caught it was one I found but in sunlight we realised we got a lot more fish than we thought although at least 1/2 died and we do indeed have some trout but also about 6 other types of fish as well. We know the ranger of the park and he ID'd the fish and told to help ourselves just do it at night lol.

They're brown trout apparently, going again tonight or tomorrow night for another bucket or 2 because they're literally are millions of the fuckers lol. The lake is a fishing lake for mostly trout which is why we thought trout lol.

I'll get some pics when we get some more we poured the others into the main pond.
So basically. ....u still havent come to ur senses and are goin back for more?
Heres the thing bud.....trout need a water temp of 55f ok? Ur buddies pond even if its in the shade is guaranteed to be much higher than that. In short they are not gonna survive and ur wasting ur time. But, if ya wanna get hammered and chase after fathead minnows at night then whatever. Either ur ranger pal is an idiot or hes laughing his ass off at u guys watching u chase minnows haha

Desertboy

Desertboy

Im still waitin to hear abojt this rainbow trout thing......

I google rainbow trout youngling and the pic I got was this pic

Fry.jpg.w300h224.jpg

which looked like the fish we saw floating dead at the top of the bucket because a lot of fish died in transport climbing over wall is not easy with a bucket of fish.

We have since learned they're are no rainbow trout in the lake only brown, pike and a few natural fish that migrated over time.

Desertboy

Desertboy

So basically. ....u still havent come to ur senses and are goin back for more?
Heres the thing bud.....trout need a water temp of 55f ok? Ur buddies pond even if its in the shade is guaranteed to be much higher than that. In short they are not gonna survive and ur wasting ur time. But, if ya wanna get hammered and chase after fathead minnows at night then whatever. Either ur ranger pal is an idiot or hes laughing his ass off at u guys watching u chase minnows haha

Pond is 4m's deep in places and 10m*14m he dug it with a JCB and used clay as the base for the pond it's a natural pond no air pumps here. It's also shaded by 100ft tall trees on one side. I'll grab some pics when I get up there in the day it's a truly awesome pond.

Water is never above 15c is summer, and at 4m deep it's deep enough for fish to survive the mild UK winters.

Recommended depth for raising trout at home in the uk was 1.5m minimum on the aeroponics site I went on but when you have a jcb lol it gets addictive digging.

My mate always wanted to put edible fish in there but we can't get it hot enough for Tilapia

It's all academic anyway as the Heron's going to eat everything anyways lol he's a fucker, chewed through steel chicken wire to get to them last time. The ones that do survive you then never see because they stay deep until they feel safe.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Toaster79 I would work on do I have bud now if answer == yes then let the plant have a few more days/week if the answer is no cut that bitch down right now lol.

Temps peaked at 45C last night :crying2: but it's cooling off this evening and forecast overnight temps of 15c so hopefully it was for one day only. Somehow the plants seemed not to notice. Not going to get away with 45c for long.

View attachment 617395

View attachment 617396

Not seen any sign of mites since I sprayed them but I'm sure I didn't wipe them out but hopefully knocked them back enough to get this to harvest.

This is ~day 30, the GSC took ages to do anything everything else had hairs by week 2 took till week 3 for the cookies.

Time I have plenty. The thing is we're leaving on saturday and I'll have to leave my plants unattended. I know one is gonna need at least another two weeks, but the others might be done by the end of the week. I just don't want to have 5 plants to trim at once. I think I'll just chop and hang without trimming and let them dry/cure for the next 2 weeks. What won't be done by friday will just have to sit in those pots until I'm back.

Limonene

Limonene

Time I have plenty. The thing is we're leaving on saturday and I'll have to leave my plants unattended. I know one is gonna need at least another two weeks, but the others might be done by the end of the week. I just don't want to have 5 plants to trim at once. I think I'll just chop and hang without trimming and let them dry/cure for the next 2 weeks. What won't be done by friday will just have to sit in those pots until I'm back.
Big bucket of water, short interval timer, feed every 3 days automatically while u are away

Toaster79

Toaster79

Big bucket of water, short interval timer, feed every 3 days automatically while u are away

But them I need an extra timer and a pump. Too late for that. But have it planed once moved. Will probably go coco and automated watring/feeding. I just need to bring this harvest down without too many casualties. The yield is gonna be low anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom