The Uk Awesome Member And Growers Thread

• Thread starter ghettogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toaster79

Toaster79

I like my idea better. that dont seem like its gonna last long enough and it will also keep ur shit drenched for the time that it actually does work imo

I totaly agree. But with your idea I'd have to pull the plant out of the pot to install the wick. That's the part I don't like. Too much work for too little difference. Plant's are actually almost done. So if they stay dry for the last four or five day before we get back home it's not gonna affect the yield dramatically. I'll the bottle thing and see what happens. They aren't drinking much anymore so I'd say that a good saturated pot and 2l of water should do for the two weeks. If the quality will suffer I'll have to see for myself. But I'm guessing not much.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Evening lads! Been a while! How's everyone coping with the heat! :sweating::crying2::fire::fire::fire::fire: Gunna be making a diy air conditioner tomorrow was 95f in my little tent! Wtf!!!
Fuck the plants I'm sleeping in the fridge tonight I turned my light off for tonight tomorrow it's forecast 15c overnight here which is much more reasonable at moment it's 28c outside.

I went fresh water swimming was exactly what I needed ;)

Toaster79

Toaster79

We been hitting 28°C today but it wasn't as bad as the 35 we had 2 weeks ago. The tent is staying at 26-27 and rH between 50-65% so at least this part is on the safer side. Last week we had 18 during the day and 8 in the morning. With the strong wind blowing rH dropped to 30% so had to put a humidifier in the bedroom where the tent is to keep the numbers in check. But at least the temps in the tent stayed at 24.

mancdank

mancdank

I totaly agree. But with your idea I'd have to pull the plant out of the pot to install the wick. That's the part I don't like. Too much work for too little difference. Plant's are actually almost done. So if they stay dry for the last four or five day before we get back home it's not gonna affect the yield dramatically. I'll the bottle thing and see what happens. They aren't drinking much anymore so I'd say that a good saturated pot and 2l of water should do for the two weeks. If the quality will suffer I'll have to see for myself. But I'm guessing not much.
Maybe put the wick in some kind of thin tube and just drive it straight through then just pull the tube out leaving just the wick :)

Desertboy

Desertboy

Morning Manc,
Have you access to running tap water and a drain Manc?

You can use air to water heat exchanger to capture the heat.

This is basically what's in an icybox you pump cold water through it and fit fans to the heat exchanger.
Like this
image_016-jpg.126945

It works well but you need to not be on a meter, have access to running water and drainage for it to work, the only reason I don't use it anymore is because I'm on a meter now.

If I wasn't I could use attic box now over summer no issues I stopped with the co2 too expensive to get in UK in bottled form and a cunt to boost into the attic on your own when full.

Making this work with the mains water supply you need
A reservoir for the water to return to I found 50l's to be fine
Ballcock valve in the reservoir wired to the mains water
2 Thermostats, one to control temp in grow area, one to control temp in reservoir when water gets to around 20c pump to drain and the reservoir refills with tap water.
2 pumps one for the heat exchanger and one to empty the warm water to waste.

the fans are cheap axial duct fans
Not pictured but I made an improvement with a tray under the heat exchanger that ran the condensate to waste as the air is dehumidifed as well depending on the temperature of the incoming water and the RH.

In winter when the tap water was cold it was so efficient it worked as a dehumidifier

Last edited:
J

JGreenGiant

We were having a debate last night on if it was trout or pike lol because obviously we don't want to put pike in his pond lol and I don't know much about fish but now I look at a pic we defo got rainbow trout.

Which is good because one day they're going to be on a plate yum yum.

They were almost identical to the picture
dd079ee28918b625927576853e3c139d.jpg

£2 to buy so a bargain and there was literally millions of them lol but the lake we got them from is almost a mile long so a lot of fish in there.
A google images search of both pike and trout fry would confirm to me that its definately not pike because even as fry their mouths are pronounced.
Pike fry

I would say looking at the trout fry images a google search produces it certainly does look very similar what with the dark bands. This one is clearly a little older. Though clearly similar in many aspects to your pic.
Trout fry

G gnome

G gnome

A google images search of both pike and trout fry would confirm to me that its definately not pike because even as fry their mouths are pronounced. View attachment 617619

I would say looking at the trout fry images a google search produces it certainly does look very similar what with the dark bands. This one is clearly a little older. Though clearly similar in many aspects to your pic. View attachment 617620

Did i not prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that what he posted a pic of was not a trout but a minnow? Guess ppl will believe who they want to.......not that its gonna change ur mind but fwiw im an avid fisherman and i can assure u THATS A MINNOW!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom