The Under Current Hydroponic System

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

You could use Uniseal grommets. Most marine stores carry them. I think I was paying around 3.25 each a few years ago.
I wish I could post my buckets now. All threaded fitting,no leaks. Marine grade plastic you could stand on and will not flex.You can run 3.5 to 6 gal netpots.An 8" porthole to check out your roots and drain. built in overflow etc... Their prices are a tad cheaper but my grandkids will be able to use my buckets and still will not have salt stains on the floor.I also make 5' x 5' tanks holds 8,12,or 16 girls to veg in,when your ready you just lift them out and carry them into the flower room. Or I can make a sea of green setup with the tanks for those who do not worry over plant count.
JK

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
He has drip lines for the initial rooting and early developement but I can not tell if it is pump driven or relys on the possitive static pressure created by the other big inline pump..

Tex

The Joker

The Joker

I got a pretty good grommet selection from a local marine shop. But they didn't have everything. I cannot find 2' grommets except for this and it is not the right kind. 2 13/16 is common.

Looks like an interesting set up.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I just got done doing a fucking power search on larger grommets, and i'm not finding anything unless i wanna consult a company or unless i wanna buy 500 pieces. Anyone else having any luck?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Supposed to have some in hand in a few days, I will let ya know the deal on them when I see them

Tex

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Aww do it TK! You gonna hook a brotha up on some info on where ya got 'em? You know you want to.... ;)

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm gonna go to the Depot of Homeliness tomorrow and get some OD measurements on the 2" pvc. I wonder if there's a standard on those dimensions? Like if all schedule 40 2" pvc has the same OD dimensions?

OGsus

OGsus

is it me or does this setup look like an upgraded bio-bucket system?? just in 8 gallon buckets..

M

Mr.Wakenbake

You know, to be honest... the first thing i noticed was how darn loud the system sounds. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to run it do to how much noise it makes.

Jeeze.....

purpleberry

purpleberry

I'm gonna go to the Depot of Homeliness tomorrow and get some OD measurements on the 2" pvc. I wonder if there's a standard on those dimensions? Like if all schedule 40 2" pvc has the same OD dimensions?

All the pvc will have the same OD, they keep that the same so they all fit in the same fittings.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I said fuck it and went with 1" inch pvc, as i could readily get grommets for the OD of that size. Got 50 comin overnight. :rock I'm using 5 gallon buckets, probably 12 sites. I'll probably run top feed drip lines too. I'm gonna kinda do the buckets Krusty style. We'll see what i come up with. :rauch08:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I said fuck it and went with 1" inch pvc, as i could readily get grommets for the OD of that size. Got 50 comin overnight. :rock I'm using 5 gallon buckets, probably 12 sites. I'll probably run top feed drip lines too. I'm gonna kinda do the buckets Krusty style. We'll see what i come up with. :rauch08:

Awesome JBB, watching attentivly my friend..

Tex

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
^^ I've gotta thank you and Jalisco, you guys inspired me with your in depth knowledge and first hand experience. Maybe one of ya'll could chime in on a question of mine..do you think a 1/4 hp chiller will take care of 12 buckets?

J

Jalisco Kid

If you spent a lot of money insulating everything it would barely work in room at 78*. There is a lot of latent heat if you have the correct watts/sq'. I use a Aqua logic 1/2 hp for 70g rez. I have no problems,I did have using 1/3 with a 48gal rez. JK If you look at all the stuff you buy (and by the way that 1" pipe will create problems. These sys do not use 2" to start with because we get a deal on them.) It is cheaper to buy a sys then build one. even if you feel your time is only worth 5 bucks an hour. It a big learning curb. My buckets or these guys will more then pay for themselves. do the math, 2lb plant $1000-1200 per plant in parts.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Always in the middle of something TK, lolol. Pretty cool system, can't wait to see some DIY pictures of these units. Sounds like some pretty cool gear. Me, I'll stick to ebb&flo and keep it easy. lolol. Still, nice to watch you guys built these units and see how they do. Nice thread and great info. Good luck and take care everyone.
Later,
BG

J

Jalisco Kid

I dug some of these lids out for that style of bucket in post #14. I started years back with a bucket like that from HD. Unless you only want to grow a 3 oz og they will not support anything. I bought this lid and pop riveted the hinge to it. A friend ran this 2 cycles then developed leaks then they cracked. We bought the plastic then cut them out for 750. Then a benifactor came along and allowed me to develope my system. I have about 20 of these laying around, I figure I will run into some hard headed grower who will need them. Suerte JK

A

artwallis

I'm using it right now.

My Grow journal:

2 x 1000 HPS, 8 Trainwreck, Under Current 8 - Marijuana Growing

Follow my progress and offer advice!

-A

HighTech

HighTech

I want to subscribe!

I'm using it right now.

My Grow journal:

-A

I'd love to, but cannot locate that journal! Can you provide a direct link, or provide more location as the location?

Thanks!

B

BudGood

I'm using it right now.

My Grow journal:

-A

I'd like to check it out, but Linky no worky! :bear

Top Bottom