The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

BC's illegal marijuana trade industry has evolved into a business giant, dubbed by some involved as 'The Union', Commanding upwards of $7 billion Canadian annually. With up to 85% of 'BC Bud' being exported to the United States, the trade has become an international issue. Follow filmmaker Adam Scorgie as he demystifies the underground market and brings to light how an industry can function while remaining illegal. Through growers, police officers, criminologists, economists, doctors, politicians and pop culture icons, Scorgie examines the cause and effect nature of the business - an industry that may be profiting more by being illegal.

Source: http://theunionmovie.com/TheUnionWeb.html
Torrent: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4416168/The_Union_-_Marijauna_Documentary
Stream: *

*ty dna genetics

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Thanks for the torrent i will give this a watch later :rock

I

I B L

Premium Member
Supporter
nice one..

:moviegive thanks for the links:clapping

D

dna genetics

got the movie in the shop for all to see.

good movie also

a good friend of our helped out on the movie.
so i want to give a shout out to my hommie Tod Mc.
respect for the link Cali smoke.
A

D

drpressure600

the film sounds great, did any of yous read the book, 'reefer men', by tony thompson, it's amazing for growers, the business of a read . .

N

Nuggz

here is a streaming link for this movie.

Just finished watching this, Thanks for the link! Very informative and reminded me of a documentery called The American Drug War that i just watched a few weeks ago on cable.

H

hailstone

Watched the film last night. I was expecting a cool documentary about the BC grow scene but it was more like a copy of that film "Grass". Meh.

I

indodoja

wow! what a great film! the government budget in 2003 to go after tommy chong was 12million dollars? wtf are we letting our government get away with?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I watched this the other night, a very good watch indeed.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
A great look at the Canadian anti-prohibition perspective.

winta

winta

i just watched this movie for the first time and man it just gave me answers to so many questions i had about cannabis and why things are the way they are! it also made me want to be more active in the movement i so glad my wife found this one for the kid :)

winta

winta

that was that funniest! lol funny but disturbing at the same time was bush sr "you dont think we have enough prisons well we will make them..dont think we got enough prosecutors we will hire them" LMAO he wasnt lyin though :(

joe rogan is pretty funny in it, theres defitly some good quotes, "my drug of choice is booze, it could be said that i got started on milk" -seatle police chief on stepping stone/marijauanna is a gateway theory

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

anyone else have a streaming link to this video, it looks like blip.tv removed theirs....

K

kushpheen

Such a well produced and researched legalization documentary. The only subject this documentary fails to address is who will be entrusted to cultivate, distribute and sell cannabis if its legalized. Will we allow the pharmaceutical, tobacco and government agencies, who have fought for years to keep marijuana illegal, to use their wealth and power to take control of this billion dollar economy once they realize they no longer can profit from its criminalization. What happens to the cannabis economy when corporate agriculture and automation send pink slips to the thousands of growers currently supporting themselves, their families and their local businesses?

Top Bottom