The untold by “SECRETE” by the Top growers on how to Maximize Cannabis yields in Indoor Environments

• Thread starter Judaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Judaz

Judaz

BA00DBF3-1D70-4CA4-A765-B343599D1957.jpeg

“The right type of sealed room that makes your flowers grow like on steroids”

When it comes to maximizing the weight you pull in your grow, many of us look to measures like grams per watt. Or more simple pounds per light. Something that’s so important in a state like California given that cannabis is now legal and recreational. This is so important that it can determine if you stay in business or you go out of business. Especially when cultivating indoors where electrical costs are high and you don’t have the natural advantages that green houses have by being able to supplement your crops with the free energy source of natural sun light. Nowadays light dep grow farms have become the ideal & the standard for creating a business within the legal cannabis industry.

Which has put indoors growers on a tight squeeze and choke hold and has forced many of us to shut down our doors because we can no longer compete against the light dep farmers. They are just way to efficient in maximizing grams per square footage.

So what did this do to us indoor growers? It forced us to rethink the way we were growing and search for better ways to save on electricity but get the maximum yield possible to be able to stay in the game. The one advantage that indoor growers still have over light dep growers is that we are still able to dial in and control the environment much better than they can and therefore still dish out a more quality product in the process to cater to the cannabis connoisseur looking for the finest Top Shelf weed possible to smoke.

First of all, I like to mention that these past 12 months have been the best and the worst times for me personally in the cannabis game. I went from underground indoor grower to professional master grower managing a multi million dollar facility with millions of dollars in funding. I also upped my indoor growing skills by working with a team of grow room designers and discovering this untold secrets on how to design the proper room to maximize weight on a consistent basis where one does not have to work hard to average 3+ pounds per light all the time. The worst times for me as well because I’m facing a challenge and obstacle that I’ve never seen before. To make a long story short, my prized cannabis strain that’s always held its own against any of the other top elite strains that’s out there took a turn for the worst these last couple months by mutating itself into a what we all know as duds. Just to put things into perspective. On a 9 light DE fixture room averaging 27+ pounds on a consistent basis it went from a high of 33 pounds to a miserable low of 15 pounds per light.

When I first started growing, getting 1.5 pounds per light was the goal of the round. If we were able to hit 2 pounds per light the we’d all be doing jumping jacks and cart wheels knowing that we were gonna kill it this month with the success of the round. In those times it meant having extra money to blow 30K in Vegas with the boys over the weekend like it was nothing. Times have changed and we are now forced to maximize weight and quality to just stay alive in this game.

So one may ask what is it that you guys are doing that other growers running sealed co2 enriched rooms are not doing to achieve similar results? I’ve written a blog post before on how to get the most weight and quality for your product by knowing how to build a sealed co2 enriched environment and by running Double ended fixtures like Gavitas or Lux. But the difference was that even when you have the right room design. A more realistic average for a sealed room is 2-2.5 pounds per light and if you got a good strain like an OG or a Glue and your nutes are dialed in them you’ll be able to average 2.5-3 pounds per light pretty much every time with your eyes closed, given you’ve built the right strain, sealed room and are using CO2 and have your nutes dialed in. But there’s been on factor that most sealed rooms don’t have aside from having the proper lighting, control of temps, co2, and humidity along with the right nutrient regimen that has gotten overlooked and not given that much importance in the build of the grow room. It has been the reason for why my averages have gone from 2.5-3 a light to 3-3.5 on Og Kush and up to 4 a light with other higher yielding strains. Before I let you guys in on the secrete and what this might be. I’d like to ask you all what you think it may be. Let’s see who’s smart and knows enough about room design to give a stab at it? Anyone ? What’s the factor the factor that may be missing from the rings I’ve mentioned?

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
1-proper lighting
2-plant genetics
3-properly sealed room with co2
4-temperature management (this is a biggy in my book)
5-humidity control
6-plant size
7-light reflection from walls and ceiling
8-proper nutrients for the strain
9-?
I am in the process of building a 14x20 sealed building.
very interested in your thread.
Let me pull up a chair for this one:)
7B353862 059F 4796 9D83 B3D8E0158E75

Judaz

Judaz

1-proper lighting
2-plant genetics
3-properly sealed room with co2
4-temperature management (this is a biggy in my book)
5-humidity control
6-plant size
7-light reflection from walls and ceiling
8-proper nutrients for the strain
9-?
I am in the process of building a 14x20 sealed building.
very interested in your thread.
Let me pull up a chair for this one:)
View attachment 910253

Nice 👌you going for the sealed room? How high are the ceilings?

Judaz

Judaz

Nice 👌you going for the sealed room? How high are the ceilings?

you got many factors and sub factors stated. But still missing that key thing that’s essential to a room but may not be done in the best way by standard sealed room designs. Having dinner, gotta handle a few errands and then I’ll post the answer. Hoping see if any other savvy growers like
@Aqua Man or @MIMedGrower can point it out. It’s literally so important and sometimes overlooked that if not done correctly can throw off the balance of a sealed room.

Judaz

Judaz

Proper use of VPD. Not these garbage generic online charts. Actual grow specific VPD.

I did mention control of temp and humidity so that would fall under that but yes having a grow specific vpd control is a must.It’s something so obvious yet undermined most times. Think of what brings the balance to the environment. Is my hint. I’ll post when I get back.

Judaz

Judaz

One more shot=
proper ventilation.

The answer is the right kind of airflow circulation and not just your standard wall mount fans but a special kind of airflow that works to balance & stabilize the different micro environments of temp and humidity that are created within different volumetric spaces inside sealed rooms. This is so important to make sure that temps and humidity readings are balanced throughout. I’ll give the long answer later.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The answer is the right kind of airflow circulation and not just your standard wall mount fans but a special kind of airflow that works to balance & stabilize the different micro environments of temp and humidity that are created within different volumetric spaces inside sealed rooms. This is so important to make sure that temps and humidity readings are balanced throughout. I’ll give the long answer later.
Sounds good but yeah evey leaf has its own micro climate. So even pruning counts. I run fans under and over my plants creating a cyclone but my setup is very different than a room. Airflow is in a cyclone above and below this keep the air mixed well then it's also drawn from the top run through a scrubber and back to the bottom. So it's more like a tornado. Air from the top supplied to the bottom and sucked up Ina cyclone pulling air up from the bottom for best exposure to stomata. If it's from the top you don't get as much exposure as it has to wrap around the leaf. That just my thinking and why I made mine that way.

Not so easily done in a large room.

Judaz

Judaz

Sounds good but yeah evey leaf has its own micro climate. So even pruning counts. I run fans under and over my plants creating a cyclone but my setup is very different than a room. Airflow is in a cyclone above and below this keep the air mixed well then it's also drawn from the top run through a scrubber and back to the bottom. So it's more like a tornado. Air from the top supplied to the bottom and sucked up Ina cyclone pulling air up from the bottom for best exposure to stomata. If it's from the top you don't get as much exposure as it has to wrap around the leaf. That just my thinking and why I made mine that way.

Not so easily done in a large room.

That’s awesome, like the way your thinking in your design of a room. I had to log back in to give you a like. For big rooms we use this device indoors now works best with a minimum of 10ft ceilings. Top Dep farms can’t operate efficiently without these: very powerful tool and only $500 bucks. A
Must for a sealed room.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That’s awesome, like the way your thinking in your design of a room. I had to log back in to give you a like. For big rooms we use this device indoors now works best with a minimum of 10ft ceilings. Top Dep farms can’t operate efficiently without these: very powerful tool and only $500 bucks. A
Must for a sealed room.

I honestly can't say how much difference it makes. Never payed much attention to it. Just one of those things that was kind of an accident and made me think what direction of flow would be best. Otherwise not something I would have looked at.

Judaz

Judaz

Thought there was a hook coming...

Lol. There is when I get the chance to write the long post and the reasons why. I’m going to tie it all to this type of air flow circulation (the tornado vortex), vpd and a new type of ac systems that were previously used for managing computer servers called crac ac’s. Computer rooms air conditioners. Really cool
Stuff

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I honestly can't say how much difference it makes. Never payed much attention to it. Just one of those things that was kind of an accident and made me think what direction of flow would be best. Otherwise not something I would have looked at.

Makes sense. Its basically copying proper ventilated room air flow. I always bring fresh air in at the floor and suck it up through the plants where it gets circulated evenly and exhausted out the top of the room.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Lol. There is when I get the chance to write the long post and the reasons why. I’m going to tie it all to this type of air flow circulation (the tornado vortex), vpd and a new type of ac systems that were previously used for managing computer servers called crac ac’s. Computer rooms air conditioners. Really cool
Stuff
Crac systems are the shit!
Way to expensive for me, maybe someday.
We just pulled 2 out of a tenants space that went belly up. I think the boss sold those used for 10g a piece used.

Latest posts

Top Bottom