The upside and downside of your Marijuana use

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thinking it would be interesting to share our experiences with MJ. both positive and negitive.
I know it saved my life as a alternative to alcohol as iam an alcoholic, sober for 10 years. My drinking never got better, only worse as it progressed, Iam sure I would be dead by now if it continued.
I use and still use it for recreation and keeping me off the sauce, however theres way more to soberity from alcohol than just subsituting the addiction with marijuana.
I do know Iam addicted, dont go anywhere without. That may or may not be a problem. Only possible problem would be to run out and that aint happening.
I took my 1st toke 10/31/70, that date is carved in a fence at my childhood home in the Sf bay Area where I grew up.
I feel iam just as smart, motivated, hard working, as a non user, but am somewhat worried about the smoking factor which really so far has not affected my lung function, can hike, fish, hump away, no wheezing, coughing, hacking up oysters like some do.
So nice to have the good aint it? I feel the upside is worth the downside...CM....

E

E.T.

Been smoking the better part of 20 yrs and still run marathons annually.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I also think it keeps you young. I am in my mid 50s and feel better than ever. my wife was watching stupid Dr Oz and these men are on there talking about male menopause. They said their sex drive is way less and their dicks are way smaller than before.
Well I have no problem with desire or small dicksize, Iam as horny as a billygoat and have no trouble sporting a horn if ya know what I mean....

D

Dr.Smitty

I have been a toker for 45 years starting recreational and as I aged medicinal. It is a mojor part of my life.

I am also addicted to growing.

Good thread.

E

E.T.

the most addictive thing about marijuana is growing it....

OGONLY

OGONLY

Nice idea for a thread C.M.

I'm 39, been smoking since I was 16. Being an addict to the green is something I'm not afraid to admit. I am not going to lie to myself and others and say there is not any problem with that. It has its downsides.

I don't want to go away from home for more than 2 hours without my herb. I don't get excited about family gathering because I feel like, how am I going to get high with all my family there? And I don't want them to know I'm high because most can tell, and don't think I smoke anymore.

My chick is not happy about my smoking but she got the lecture again the other night. She entered this relationship knowing full well I smoke numerous times daily. I don't want to hear anything about how she doesn't want me smoking so much. I usually smoke 1 bong hit at a time, about 8 times a day.

I love to ride my bike, surf, play golf high. It makes things so much more interesting and fun IMO. When I was a kid and surfing was my life, I would go to the beach and the waves would be marginal. I would have no desire to go out if it was cold or not inviting, until I smoked. Once I smoked I would tell myself, I can't believe I wasn't going to go out. I would end up getting some killer waves. Who knows I may have just quit surfing and all the other activities I still enjoy to this day if I didn't smoke.

Out of all my high school friends, I am the most active of any I can think of. I'm always being told I look like I'm in my twenties. I do feel herb helps to keep one looking and feeling young when used in moderation along with a healthy lifestyle.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Started consuming when i was 6,Great Grandma started me because I was sick. Now I`m a Grandpa myself and still cosume my share of cannibis. I was told I had A.S. by my Dr. about seven yeas ago. He said If i hadn`t been using it I`d be bed bound by now.I`ve now seen a dozen different Doctors and they have all told me the same thing.Even the Doctor from Social Security admitted it was very helpful in my case.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Another great thing is, I like to get really ripped. When I drink theres no stopping.
Its complusive behavior no doubt Each beer tastes better than the last and its beer after beer after beer. I cannot just drink beer, it must be guzzled.
I get really hammered no stopping me. The consequnces are horrible to say the least.
When I use marijuana I also like to get totaly ripped, mostly at night when work is done, can do 10 volcano vapes and really get high, a good thing for someone whos been tokin for 41 years almost daily
Big difference is theres no sickness, misery, guilt, shame, lies, loss of self worth, embarassment, not remembering hurting someone or myself on and on.
I really get ripped on pot but never lose control or be so high I cannot function in the event of say a house fire or if I had to drive, or handle any emergemcy.When drinking no way would that happen.
I also know most folks can handle a beer or two and stop. Thats awesome. I know others who cannot and should not smoke pot, were all different, but for me its all or nothing and mother nature seems to know whats best when she created this special weed.
So Iam greatful for being able to get high as a kite and still function probaly not perfectly, nothing is perfect anyway and as long as I dont harm myself or others why the fuck not???
Time now to get ripped.... CM.

i
i will

K

kolah

Smoked my first weed in the 60's, quit in the late 70's and started up again when CO redcards came about.

I smoke weed almost every evening. One or two hits and tops 4 or five. It's my reward for getting though the day. I do not see it as an "addiction" per se though. To me, it's what my body and mind needs and enjoys..much like a good steak, a warm bowl of soup or a nice glass of cool water.

Now, growing weed is addicting. I am having a hard time knowing my last plant will soon be chopped next week. I am constantly reading about different seed strains for next years crops and reading about different grow methods. I buy weed magazines and probably spend way too much time on this forum..lol.

I sip a lil wine now and then but have no use for hard liquor or beer...no crack coke or meth either. yeah I'll pop a valium or two if someone has some but thats about it.

It's all about moderation, man. I like to be in control, not any drug or ol' lady and I don't need no authoritative figure trying to tell me what to do.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Got pretty well ripped tonite. Went out to close barn doors and there was a skunk milling around inside barn. Grabbed me 22 long rifle and shot him dead right between the eyes 1 shot.....May take to dispensary, original skunk.....

cannabeans

cannabeans

17 yrs smoking...

and still smoking strong!!!! only quit for about 6 days to spend a little time in jail. i used that 6 days to kick the tobacco cigarettes.

now there's a blessing in disguise......

S

StrikeitRich

Thinking it would be interesting to share our experiences with MJ. both positive and negitive.
I know it saved my life as a alternative to alcohol as iam an alcoholic, sober for 10 years. My drinking never got better, only worse as it progressed, Iam sure I would be dead by now if it continued.
I use and still use it for recreation and keeping me off the sauce, however theres way more to soberity from alcohol than just subsituting the addiction with marijuana.
I do know Iam addicted, dont go anywhere without. That may or may not be a problem. Only possible problem would be to run out and that aint happening.
I took my 1st toke 10/31/70, that date is carved in a fence at my childhood home in the Sf bay Area where I grew up.
I feel iam just as smart, motivated, hard working, as a non user, but am somewhat worried about the smoking factor which really so far has not affected my lung function, can hike, fish, hump away, no wheezing, coughing, hacking up oysters like some do.
So nice to have the good aint it? I feel the upside is worth the downside...CM....

When u taste the blood its kinda a sign.

Peace,
S i R

soserthc1

soserthc1

Another great thing is, I like to get really ripped. When I drink theres no stopping.
Its complusive behavior no doubt Each beer tastes better than the last and its beer after beer after beer. I cannot just drink beer, it must be guzzled.
I get really hammered no stopping me. The consequnces are horrible to say the least.
When I use marijuana I also like to get totaly ripped, mostly at night when work is done, can do 10 volcano vapes and really get high, a good thing for someone whos been tokin for 41 years almost daily
Big difference is theres no sickness, misery, guilt, shame, lies, loss of self worth, embarassment, not remembering hurting someone or myself on and on.
I really get ripped on pot but never lose control or be so high I cannot function in the event of say a house fire or if I had to drive, or handle any emergemcy.When drinking no way would that happen.
I also know most folks can handle a beer or two and stop. Thats awesome. I know others who cannot and should not smoke pot, were all different, but for me its all or nothing and mother nature seems to know whats best when she created this special weed.
So Iam greatful for being able to get high as a kite and still function probaly not perfectly, nothing is perfect anyway and as long as I dont harm myself or others why the fuck not???
Time now to get ripped.... CM.

i
i will

Excellently stated - I drink to get Fd up , not to have one or two but to drink non stop until the bartender says no more tonight on the the other hand i smoke to chill and as stated by you i can function under any amount of pot in my system better than most sober people...... and dont get me started on all the damn pill factory docters that i personally know.....try opiate addiction out for a ride and then see if you would of been better off smoking a few joints a day.....................peace - well stated:banana1sv6:

Onespark

Onespark

Thanks CM... I always enjoy your posts. You bring a nice dose of sanity everywhere you go.

Hunter S. Thompson laid it down...

"I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. And I still think of it as a basic staple of life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits - and millions of Americans agree with me."
Hunter S Thompson

I like to drink beer and I am sure I drink too much. I almost never get drunk. I have brewed up a few dozen batches for myself. I am hoping to only drink beers I brew someday soon. As for Ganja. I have smoked on and off for 17 years. If I go out of town or to family events it doesn't bother me to leave the weed behind for a little while. I just look forward to when I get home and relax with a nice bowl or wax vape. It is medicine for our souls. I really believe that Cannabis helped me to become a more patient and loving person. I used to be a raging ball of anger to be born into this sick world. Now I work to help others and really enjoy my life. It's not just the weed, but it helps some people discover more about themselves, others and the nature of "reality". Everyone doing Ganja for love is a freedom fighter and a hero for the human race. My name is Onespark. I am addicted to growing, smoking, and ingesting Cannabis. I will die the same way with a smile on my face, secure in the knowledge that I followed my heart. One

putembk

putembk

Good thread CM. I have hardly gone a day since I first started smoking in 1969 and I have wondered many times what the long term effects of smoking mj would be. One thing that has changed is I don't get the munchies any more. When I tell people that they think I'm kidding but I'm not. I wonder if that is normal after years and years of smoking.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
When the bartender cut me off, no problem.
I was really good at drinking other peoples drinks when they were not looking, guzzel em down before they knew whats up.
Would usualy get several down before they caught on and then would get tossed out.
At the end of my drinking days I got cut off way sooner than in the eariler days...

putembk

putembk

I was really good at drinking other peoples drinks when the were not looking, guzzel em down before they knew whats up.
Would usualy get several down before they caught on and then would get tossed out.
At the end of my drinking days I got cut off way sooner than in the eariler days...

Guess I'm lucky, drink to much but always stop before I go to far. I think doing both pot and booze keeps me from doing to much of either. I am lucky to be alive however, when I think back to the 60's and all the hard drugs that I did. Even used a needle a few times. The most addicting thing I have ever done and will NEVER do again is Crack Cocaine. Today It's just booze and pot no pills except vitamins. Still wondering about the long term effect of marijuana, guess I'll find out in a few years.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I was really good at drinking other peoples drinks when they were not looking, guzzel em down before they knew whats up.

how about last call - um i'll take 3 heineken's and two shots of jose.........and then drive home..... and onespark nicley put also - the stress i would put on everyone if i did not know i was going to get my joint in me before bed , would be unbearable my wife would of divorced me 23 years ago..... peace , relaxation, and sanity - i believe big pharm call it ambien lol......1 dif thou - i can go all day without smoking but i need my joint EVERY night - unless i'm legally drinking myself into a drunking stupor

Photo 0230
Top Bottom