the use of molasses

• Thread starter still smokin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

still smokin

i have seen on on a thread or two that some peeps use molases in there water. i have been intreaged. what does it do ?:passingjoint:

S

SkyHi

It provides carbohydrates, minerals, and supports beneficial bacteria in the soils or soiless medium. it also improves taste and resin production.

I use Brur Rabbit (or something like that) black strap molasses unsulphored @ 1 tablespoon per gallon. the frequency will range from who you ask

S

stone69

I'm a GREEN grower of green, but this is how I understand it...
1 tbsp per gal. every watering in flower. during the two week flush, 1 week malasass only and 1 week water only. Hope this helps.

S

still smokin

thanks stone69, i dont know if that is true krypto but maybe there is somone who can fill us in. but i have to believe it helps cuase so many use it. any more info is very welcome

S

SkyHi

Im not sure about the roots ability to absorb the nutrients. But if i undertsnad correctly you "feeding the soil" and in return the soil will feed your babies. The bacteria that the molasses helps thrive breaksdown nutrient so your roots can uptake them.

N

nreid84

SkyHi your spot on it feeds the soil helping the soil mites breck the nuts feeding your plant quicker and providing carbohydrates.

For under £2 a jar its worth every penny

S

still smokin

thats the answer i was hoping to hear. just happens that i have 3/4 of a jar here in my hand right now. will add to water next time . going into bud in 4 day . plus i just got some lowriders in the mail that i will drop in water tonight

K

KushyNutt

I have seen molasses add up to 20-25% more bud weight from personal experience. Anyone else notice this?

Patriot

Patriot

Has anyone heard of using natural honey with your water instead of Molases....let me know....i am thinking of trying it

I

ismokepot

Personally, I only use it the last month of flowering, especially the last 2 weeks with plain water. It helps add a "sweet" taste to the buds and adds a bunch of micro nutes too. But, if used to much or too often- it can attract bugs and can hinder Nitrogen uptake if used to early in flowering (at high amounts). It's also best when used with bacteria in the medium cause they feed on it, furthering their health and benefits.

J

Jalisco Kid

It is better to add other toses with it. Just adding sucrose does not cut it. You would get better results adding malted barley (maltose) some dextrose and some xylotal(xylose) This will give you simple and complex sugars.Adding crap from AN that puts sandlewood oil in their sugars is BS. Why grow good herb to give it all the same Hollywood sissy boutique flavor.
Using fulvic acid will help get some product thru the root barrier. It can be bought inexpensively if you look. I get 70% for about 8 bucks a lb., for 50 lbs. So you would need someone to split an order with.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Yep very informative, I have been hearing good things about using black strap molasses.. I am still a lil iffy on the deal.
Seems to really pack on the weight for some.

R

ReelBusy1

see moderator TEXASKID's post about molassas here:

you learn more than you ever needed to know about carbo loading your plants for big fat budz
:cool0010:

A

azmatis

i use unsulphered bs mollases in all my grows works great
never had any problems makes everything taste really sweet and smooth:smiley_joint:

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

If im not mistaken, the plant uses sugar to produce energy and grow, instead of waiting for the plant to produce sugar from light and co2 it just uptakes it and uses it as energy to grow

Just like red bull gives that extra push.

Latest posts

Top Bottom