the white s1

• Thread starter ncmaineac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

ncmaineac

sorry i am a little confused....i have seen "the white" and "the white s1"..

i know what an "f1" means but can someone tell me what the "s1" means after "the white".....i got the pre order beans and they are "white fire" and "the white s1"....is the later the same as "the white"?

and the hip bone is connected to the leg bone...damn ....if someone could just help me out with this i would appreciate it...

thanks....i am sure the answer is in one of these thread...but i have seen conflicting info in the same thread...not on purpose but i think because the names are close to the same and peeps just type what they think it is...i hope so anyways...

again, thanks ...if you can clear that up...

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

i know what an "f1" means but can someone tell me what the "s1" means after "the white".....i got the pre order beans and they are "white fire" and "the white s1"....is the later the same as "the white"?

S1: "selfing" is the process by which a chemical agent (CS/STS) is used on the plant during flowering, to prevent male hormones from reaching the plant's flowers...So you end up with "female pollen"...Since the pollen source WAS NOT from a male, there is no male genes. So when the plant is pollinated with the "female pollen", you should have feminized seeds (female pollen (XX) + female flowers (XX) = feminized seeds (XX)...

But there is one problem with "Selfed" seeds...and that is the possibility of recessive trait becoming dominant...

N

ncmaineac

great

exactly what i wanted to know...thanks very much funtcas....simple explanation which in my case was best....

thanks again..

ncm

T

TreFarmer

S1: "selfing" is the process by which a chemical agent (CS/STS) is used on the plant during flowering, to prevent male hormones from reaching the plant's flowers...So you end up with "female pollen"...Since the pollen source WAS NOT from a male, there is no male genes. So when the plant is pollinated with the "female pollen", you should have feminized seeds (female pollen (XX) + female flowers (XX) = feminized seeds (XX)...

But there is one problem with "Selfed" seeds...and that is the possibility of recessive trait becoming dominant...

Good info.. just what the man asked for... and some shameless rep+ for you.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
thats a big plus rep:passingjoint:

gtd

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

just to add to this topic. whenever u hit female flowers with female flower you will always get an F1 correct? i mean becuz you will always hit the same cut with the pollen...???

T

TreFarmer

just to add to this topic. whenever u hit female flowers with female flower you will always get an F1 correct? i mean becuz you will always hit the same cut with the pollen...???

Not a pro,and still figuring it out for myself, but I think F1 for a selfed plant is not accurite cause F1 is a cross between two P1s (landrace, or starting stock) really by history we are at P3,000,000 and F gazillion. But when you start your own cataloguing system you start over at P1 and F1. S1 would be different yet the same as F1. yes its the first mix of genes yet there is no "mixing," therefore cannot be F1 in a literal sense. This is why we use S1 because the theory is the same, but the genetics are different. Your first post said Xx + Xx =Xx, an F1 would be Xx + Xy = Xx or Xy or...... the list goes on. As you refine and further you generations to F2 and above the spectrum of phenos narrows giving greater rise to a specific pheno. S1 is already there, refined! This is my take and I gave ya my .04¢:bow now lets hear from a breeder or genetics guru... Mota? Logic? Ali? There's a gang of ya here!
Here is a good read but it doesn't go into selfing. I use it to make sense of what I can.
My Cataloguing System by DJ Short...

O

OG Dubz

For me in my experiences playing with s1's of s1's they seem to throw a few hermi's late into bloom more often then other strains. Also if you stress them at all or even just look at them while there in dark period a few times they seem to hermi a lot easier. I know DNA Genetics OG18 threw a few male flowers late into bloom luckily none made seeds. no-fertile pods. ~dubz

T

the journeyman

How did you like the OG18 though? Would u grow it out again if it didnt stress out?

Latest posts

Top Bottom