There dieing from what?Help

• Thread starter fukwitit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fukwitit

fukwitit

can somone help me figure out whmy plants in my veg are just dieing away?
There dieing from whathelp
There dieing from whathelp 2
There dieing from whathelp 2

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah what a bummer..they look bad..Have you been feeding them heavy?
do you PH the water? Tap water?

when in doupt ..Flush with PHed water...then go from there
I learned that from reading the threads here;)

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

damn, thats showing signs of multiple deficiencies, im talking iron, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphorous, and possibly potasium. the only time ive seen such severe burning is when the medium is too enriched and/or your feeding it way too much food.
i see this when people try to use miracle grow for instance, enriched soil + all purpose fertilizer all at once = death.

I would take your plant out of that medium, by a good soil or soilless medium and transplant into that. honestly though, not to be negative, but i think your plant is done. you can rehab it and try to correct it, but its gonna take awhile and your end result is going to be unsatisfying. i would get new clones or seeds and start fresh with a good soil.

if ur newer to growing, pm me and i can help find u some products that will work if this is the case.
Z

vaporedout

vaporedout

what soil are ya using? i see bark, wondering if it is miracle grow.

chikken

chikken

what soil is that ? I don't see any pearlite in it at all. I'd get some fox farm ocean forest soil and some new seeds and start over. you've fried these beyond what would be reasonable for recovery, be too long and too much work to fix. new seeds will outgrow these plants by far.

J

Jalisco Kid

Don't toss them yet,if you do what have you learned. Getting screwed once is bad doing it twice actually hurts. I would first grab a scope and pull those out of the pots and see that is going on down there. No pest(need good magnification no 5x) then I would pour in a veg solution of say 100 ppm 6.0 pH. check out what your runoff is. If that is within limits the only thing I would guess at is cold temps shutting things down. i have never lived where it gets cold outside much but I have seen similar pics from cold basements with plants on the floor. Good luck,Your not a grower till you have harmed some plants and fixed your problem, cause everyone thinks they are a good grower until the shit hits the fan. JK
While you are figuring this out get some new plants going.Toss those once you figured it out or give up. Do not waste time if you have not figured it out in the next few days. You have pests toss immediately and nuke your room well to get rid of the problem.

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah that^^^^^

but i don't like how much bark i see in that soil.too acidic most likely.its a slow death that will get worse as the bark continues to break down.

But we Def need more info on general ingredients, nutes temps soils lights ect.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
It's def a lockout. What are your temps/humidity? What temp is your water when you feed your plants? Like @Jalisco Kid said check for bugs. I'd also check your ph meter and make sure its good. Check runoff ph and ppm.

fukwitit

fukwitit

ok i have pests, little bugs crawling in soil and little white larve..what is it and is there a home solution to this?

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

fungus gnat larvae and possibly root aphids are the crawlers. Root aphids look like tiny mites, usually tinted in color. for some reason RA and FG are exploding in population.

there are a couple ways to treat:
-OG BioWar Foliar Pack - I use 1 TBSP/ gal and do a drench x2 a week for 2 weeks, then x1/week from then on. its beneifical microbes that fight most predators and mildew. It might take time to destroy a population, so i suggest to get the infestation on the back leg before using, or else it just takes a bit longer
-Bayer "tree and shrub" or "citrus and vegetable" - this is more of a chemical treatment but does work well. i forget the dilution ratings for applications
-Beneficial Nematodes - Orcon has a great source of these - once again it takes time for this method to cut down the infestation, but they work and i love these little fuckers
-CNS 203 - use as a drench @ 1-2oz/gal - this stuff is different types of oils, more of a holistic way of treating your problem. its smells nice and minty and will kill and repel these predators.
-Neem oil - u can use straight neem or azamax, however i do not suggest this method. the reason being is because u have to use alot of neem to keep up with the drench dilution chart and neem also will kill all ur beneficials u might have in ur medium. so if u choose to use this method, its best to reapply a beneficial microbe blend ie: og biowar, great white, orgenism xl, etc... - do this a couple days to a week after ur neem application.
-last but not least, Nicotine. yes this may sound weird, but i know some "old school" farmers that use a nictotine mix to treat all their bug problems, whats crazy is the way they make it... cigarette butts thrown into a bucket a water and left to chill for a couple days.... gross right? well it works. i dont suggest this because cigarettes contain harmful chemicals and carcinogens but i havent ever since a negative a affect from this on a plant... fucking crazy old guys!!!

the best method to treat these fuckers, is preventive maintenence. if u use compost x1/week, it really helps keep everything at bay and they will not take over. i add og biowar to my teas and it works like a charm. Also, u can use a barrier over ur medium to keep those fuckers from getting in. I have been using Growstones - Gnat Nix - this is shredded recycled glass and is a great cover medium, way bettter than diatomaceous earth. Also get some yellow sticky traps to catch all the flyers in ur room.

Last edited:
J

Jalisco Kid

Toss them unless you can not replace them. I have had very few strains I would bother with trying to save them. but I realize some people live in bumfuck Egypt and is hard to collect strains. Clean up your mess well, then when your done do it again(clean). JK

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

i would say the fungus gnats are the least of your concern.... first and foremost figure out the ph of your soil.... once you have balanced that the plant may start to revive itself and you can start to balance the nutrients in the soil... if your using miracle grow you don't even want to smoke the buds any way...but thats just my opinion....

WynterRye

WynterRye

I will bet 100 to 1 that you are using dirt, Not peat moss media. Then you mixed in some mulch, and in your infinite wisdom you have been fert. with a netural Ph fert. If you check the ph of your water it is above 7.5. So what this means is you are using dirt from outside with a hard wood mulch which if you check the PH on that it is above 6.5. then you start watering with higher ph water it drives the ph up even higher. Basic greenhouse growing 2.0 Plants iron and micronutrients absorption is not going to occur at PHs above 7.2 and will completely stop at 7.9 unless you use special micros like EDDTA or isomeric irons. Then on top of that you have been fert. to heavy I bet you that the EC value in that (dirt) is thru the roof. Lastly it looks like fusarium because you didn't use sterilized media. That can be controlled with Banrot, 3336, several products, but it isnt worth the effort. Dump it go get some sungro 852 and start over.

growchick421

growchick421

I agree with Z and JK, if bugged Chuck and clean, clean, clean. Many others have pointed out the soil so I won't say much on that just it doesn't look the happiest soil for these ladies. If other plants are sad looking but not infested, keep trying. Like JK said how do u learn if u just chuck when things go wrong. Good luck, hope thing get better and u don't get to disscuraged.

W

Watashi420

I'd remove the soil wash off the roots and replant it into a new container with new soil, feed with worm tea for a couple weeks and you should be good to go.

I learned a while ago its easier to start over with new medium then trying to diagnose whats wrong with the current.

Top Bottom