There is a fungus among us

• Thread starter jaguarlax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Went to check out my mini apocolypse garden this morning and found this little guy. Can anyone identify it? Lots of microbes in my soil so I’m not surprised. It’s separated from my grow so I’m more curious than concerned.

There is a fungus among us 3
There is a fungus among us

There is a fungus among us 2
tamyam420

tamyam420

i would eat it :)
sorry i have no clue. Do you think it was from the medium or something you put into it. Either way means there's some life in there

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Your not growing weed, so i would just let it grow and see what comes up.

Vagician

Vagician

I think it is some sort of Coprinus, aka inky cap. Hard to tell since the cap is just pushing through the soil but this is a good sign of healthy soil. Once it is older it will start to "melt" and drips a black, inky substance along the edges of the cap. That's normal and it is just how the spores spread. Honestly, I'd take the cap when it is melting and mix it in with your cannabis soil. The fungi feed the soil and that feeds your plant.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I think it is some sort of Coprinus, aka inky cap. Hard to tell since the cap is just pushing through the soil but this is a good sign of healthy soil. Once it is older it will start to "melt" and drips a black, inky substance along the edges of the cap. That's normal and it is just how the spores spread. Honestly, I'd take the cap when it is melting and mix it in with your cannabis soil. The fungi feed the soil and that feeds your plant.

Im all about that idea. I have been tossing the idea back and forth of actually growing some spores, but if I put any energy into something like that, you bet your ass its gonna be psilocybin :)

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
i would eat it :)
sorry i have no clue. Do you think it was from the medium or something you put into it. Either way means there's some life in there

Probably both. I have 4 different kinds of soil and I amended with two types of myco products.

Vagician

Vagician

Honestly you can just rip the cap off and mash it around in whatever soil you want it to grow in. You could even mash the cap up in a few liters of water and inoculate each pot with a little bit of that. I have yet to attempt a silly project as well :) I would love to have sillys growing in the wood chips on my ladies' soil. If you are interested in them then check out the video below, they show how simple it should be. There's also a guy @mycotek on instagram and the site https://mycotek.org/ if you really want to see how people have gotten it dialed in.

https://northspore.com/pages/mono-tub-cultivation-method-walkthrough

Latest posts

Top Bottom