There's A Natural Mystic Blowin'

• Thread starter hiiipower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiiipower

hiiipower

I love your words brother, I feel the same way about who is growing in my cannabis garden. If they can't handle a little stress then they are not worthy to continue to grow in my opinion. This world is too imperfect for that! Thanks again for the great info that you provide here. Live, Grow, and learn!:)

:):)thank you bud

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
If it is truly jamaican landrace.

Their longest day of the year is 13 hrs.
Their shortest is 11.

Maybe you could use that to determine a better photoperiod between veg & flower.

Maybe 14/10 to 13/11 for veg
&
Maybe 11/13 would be more ideal for flower?

I'm sure putting them in a non native environment may be stressful for them trying to adapt.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Well, now u have and it happened to me too....cant believe bodhi is so highly regarded....hes a lollen chucker just like the rest of the basement breeders.....last year i popped 5 packs of bodhi gear and found one just ok keeper of dream beaver and had a bunch herm and shitty germ rates...was not impressed. Oh and b4 u ask there were no light leaks and the plants were healthy.
Btw i know of a few other members who have had bodhi gear herm on em.[/QUOTE]

That is the problem today with breeders , its not about the love its about the money.
End of Story you do not see any signature strains meaning like for instance DJ's every strain of his is unique and has his signature style be it color , smell or what you .
There is no such thing as working a line any more,, or progeny testing the male. thats un herd of.
Its grab some male or female from some other breeders seed line cross it with the latest GG4 or GSC or even better yet some OG come up with a unique name like sundance rain walker, make it a heritage line slap your name on it and pow off to market you go hermie or not
what used to take years to make a real unique line now takes 3 months and they call them selfs breeders lol using other peoples work WTF you call that other then Thiefs
Yet when you look up the Definition of a breeder you soon see 95 percent of the breeders in the so called MJ are laughed at by real horticultural breeders
But hey make sure you name the seeds Heritage series so people know more seeds are coming lol and that its like limited seed
and hope for the best

PS: i did a little research a while back and was shocked ,literally ALL breeders are using other peoples work most take the latest cup winning strain and cross it with what ever they have it really has come to a race at who can get it to market first
Sickening really

G gnome

G gnome

Well, now u have and it happened to me too....cant believe bodhi is so highly regarded....hes a lollen chucker just like the rest of the basement breeders.....last year i popped 5 packs of bodhi gear and found one just ok keeper of dream beaver and had a bunch herm and shitty germ rates...was not impressed. Oh and b4 u ask there were no light leaks and the plants were healthy.
Btw i know of a few other members who have had bodhi gear herm on em.

That is the problem today with breeders , its not about the love its about the money.
End of Story you do not see any signature strains meaning like for instance DJ's every strain of his is unique and has his signature style be it color , smell or what you .
There is no such thing as working a line any more,, or progeny testing the male. thats un herd of.
Its grab some male or female from some other breeders seed line cross it with the latest GG4 or GSC or even better yet some OG come up with a unique name like sundance rain walker, make it a heritage line slap your name on it and pow off to market you go hermie or not
what used to take years to make a real unique line now takes 3 months and they call them selfs breeders lol using other peoples work WTF you call that other then Thiefs
Yet when you look up the Definition of a breeder you soon see 95 percent of the breeders in the so called MJ are laughed at by real horticultural breeders
But hey make sure you name the seeds Heritage series so people know more seeds are coming lol and that its like limited seed
and hope for the best

PS: i did a little research a while back and was shocked ,literally ALL breeders are using other peoples work most take the latest cup winning strain and cross it with what ever they have it really has come to a race at who can get it to market first
Sickening really[/QUOTE]
Agreed

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Their shortest is 11.

Maybe you could use that to determine a better photoperiod between veg & flower.

&

I'm sure putting them in a non native environment may be stressful for them trying to adapt.

Have friends in Jamaica they have told me 99 percent of the land race strains out there have been cross contaminated such as lambs bread etc its becoming very rare to find a original land race strain anywhere these days
Cause of human interference Sad really and the places that have pure land races a person is at risk @ not making it back alive

Homesteader

Homesteader

Have friends in Jamaica they have told me 99 percent of the land race strains out there have been cross contaminated such as lambs bread etc its becoming very rare to find a original land race strain anywhere these days
Cause of human interference Sad really and the places that have pure land races a person is at risk @ not making it back alive
I believe the Rastas brought an African sativa to Jamaica in the1950s. Ethiopian highland I believe.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Their shortest is 11.

&

Yup. That is a possibility. I can't account for everything. I only do my best, and it's not perfect by any means.

About it being a real "Jamaican". Can't say for sure. But, if you've read bodhi's logs about his travels, you can certainly see he is among the most passionate people to ever be blessed by cannabis. If he says he has a landrace, it's likely because he travelled to that place and traded with the locals. I know it sounds crazy, but some people have a way with communicating with people and finding "the real deal." The guy is a religious anthropologist, it's pretty important to him personally. All I'm saying, is that if anyone uses real landraces it's likely Bodhi, so I'm willing to believe it's as legit as Jamaican cannabis gets.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Yup. That is a possibility. I can't account for everything. I only do my best, and it's not perfect by any means.

About it being a real "Jamaican". Can't say for sure. But, if you've read bodhi's logs about his travels, you can certainly see he is among the most passionate people to ever be blessed by cannabis. If he says he has a landrace, it's likely because he travelled to that place and traded with the locals. I know it sounds crazy, but some people have a way with communicating with people and finding "the real deal." The guy is a religious anthropologist, it's pretty important to him personally. All I'm saying, is that if anyone uses real landraces it's likely Bodhi, so I'm willing to believe it's as legit as Jamaican cannabis gets.

I'm not doubting it's landrace status, bodhis reputation or the growers ability.

I was Just thinking it would thrive better under its native photoperiods (my opinion).

hiiipower

hiiipower

I believe the Rastas brought an African sativa to Jamaica in the1950s. Ethiopian highland I believe.

Funny you mention that. I've been saying and thinking this cross smells exactly like the Apollos. I know that Ace has "Lily" that seems to be a description of Apollo almost exactly, and that it's origins are north Africa. That just really gets my head spinning. Thanks for bringing that up.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Tropical fruit smells. Really dense long lasting scent when you rub the resin. The little plant just smells floral. No tropical smells on her at all... 5 weeks in...

IMG 0323
IMG 0328
IMG 0329

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Are u serious @g gnome?u know i love u bro but I must say since it was me that put u onto bodhi and since practically every strain iv seen u run from seed in the past 2 years or so iv known u has thrown nanners im pretty offended at your statements on the bodhi beans.
The barbie n ken things fuckings kinda true but iv never seen anyone have herm problems with bodhis gear that u guys are having.particularly u brother gnome.not saying it dont happen but iv ran way more than 5 packs o bodhi and out ALL THOSE PLANTS only one goji fired a few VERY SMALL nanners in week 9.
The fact u ran 5 packs all at the same time and had so many herms says to me theres something more at play-u know iv suggested this before.
The fact u get so many herms and blame all these breeders without looking at your own room is crazy.
Im sorry to have to say all this but iv been biting my tongue a little i suppose coz i didnt want to offend my buddy.

G gnome

G gnome

Are u serious @g gnome?u know i love u bro but I must say since it was me that put u onto bodhi and since practically every strain iv seen u run from seed in the past 2 years or so iv known u has thrown nanners im pretty offended at your statements on the bodhi beans.
The barbie n ken things fuckings kinda true but iv never seen anyone have herm problems with bodhis gear that u guys are having.particularly u brother gnome.not saying it dont happen but iv ran way more than 5 packs o bodhi and out ALL THOSE PLANTS only one goji fired a few VERY SMALL nanners in week 9.
The fact u ran 5 packs all at the same time and had so many herms says to me theres something more at play-u know iv suggested this before.
The fact u get so many herms and blame all these breeders without looking at your own room is crazy.
Im sorry to have to say all this but iv been biting my tongue a little i suppose coz i didnt want to offend my buddy.
Well, all i can say is since i gave up on all these basement breeders i haven't had any herms....i musta ran 40 strains from clone since then and haven't had a problem w herms.
I assure u i definitely looked at my own rm. Checked for light leaks etc.....
Hate to break it to ya man but the dudes a pollen chucker.

Idk how u havent heard of ppl havin herm issues w bodhi....i certainly have

Minitiger

Minitiger

Nice grow, @hiiipower Don't know how I wasn't aware of this one, but things are looking great, minus the nanners.

Re: true breeding: yeah, Bodhi's definitely just throwing out a bunch of f1 polyhybrids and shit, for the most part. The only strains of his that I can think of off the top of my head that he's actually "worked" are the Goldstar and Apollo f4's. Those all grew very similar to one another. Really no variation at all, especially the Apollos. But, you know, that's the world we live in. Everybody wants the newest, most popular thing, whether it's cannabis or anything else. Ultimately, the seed business is just that: a business. I will say, though, that Bodhi at least seems to have a decent amount of integrity. I get the impression that he at least CARES, which I don't think you can say about a whole bunch of other breeders. And I use the word "breeders" extremely loosely. But yeah, I trust Bodhi. Or rather, I trust him as much as any-fucking-body can be trusted haha.

@hiiipower Are these testers? Just curious. They look fucking great, whatever they are. I fucking LOVE how bushed-out they are. Definitely looking forward to the rest of this grow.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

thats the thing its just not bohdi its all in general .
if you think about it i honestly think in 100 years we can be a in big dilemma most of natural stock genetics will have been polluted with cross contamination were already seeing the start of it
People scream that hermies are natural and common yet i have yet to see a documented grow where a natural land race strain un crossed actually does it TBH its fucking rare in nature for this to happen out in the wild
that is ..
Today breeders are limited old stock seeds are long gone in some cases there are jewels in there seed vaults but not coming out anytime soon ..
yes every year some breeder strikes a new fad wins a cup and there off to the races
i honestly think everyone once they get to the grow status should try breeding its fun but todays breeders or so what they call them selfs have taken it to a different level of show me the money
they got that C99 male and cross that with anything and everything,, were the guppies that test them they observe tweak the strain
I honstly think anytime human interference occurs we end up destroying it
Is marijuana on that path ??? 100 - 200 years from now
all it takes and we here it often seed stock destroyed
I say while you can order up as many original strains you can find pure thai , lambsbread afganistan even some old crosses what ever there the real jewels
but crossing some GG4 with some GSC strain lol well what ever actually i am sick of it
Just look at the GG4 craze remember this is clone only strain yet google GG4 seeds
if its any indication of non sense and greed
holy shit GG4 made in usa but now i can get seeds from ozzie UK spain its bad enough i can hardly get a clone via mail across a border to Canada yet to think they got a clone there
If they did or didnt get actual clone the point is that they took GG4 and marketed it when its possibly clearly not original
so how much of the seeds people get are original makes me wonder also sometimes
Anyways grow be happy

hiiipower

hiiipower

Nice grow, @hiiipower Don't know how I wasn't aware of this one, but things are looking great, minus the nanners.

Re: true breeding: yeah, Bodhi's definitely just throwing out a bunch of f1 polyhybrids and shit, for the most part. The only strains of his that I can think of off the top of my head that he's actually "worked" are the Goldstar and Apollo f4's. Those all grew very similar to one another. Really no variation at all, especially the Apollos. But, you know, that's the world we live in. Everybody wants the newest, most popular thing, whether it's cannabis or anything else. Ultimately, the seed business is just that: a business. I will say, though, that Bodhi at least seems to have a decent amount of integrity. I get the impression that he at least CARES, which I don't think you can say about a whole bunch of other breeders. And I use the word "breeders" extremely loosely. But yeah, I trust Bodhi. Or rather, I trust him as much as any-fucking-body can be trusted haha.

@hiiipower Are these testers? Just curious. They look fucking great, whatever they are. I fucking LOVE how bushed-out they are. Definitely looking forward to the rest of this grow.

Good to hear from you bud. Thanks for your 2 cents, I always appreciate it. Well said.

They're not testers. They were freebies when I bought some other Bodhi seeds. They're so short, refused to go upward really. They need a long veg time. Smells are very Apollo 11 like. Less pineapple, more just a blend of tropical fruit candy. Flowers look just like Apollo. Dense smell though, a lot of layers to it...

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Wasnt apollo brothers grimm or something? Excuse me if Im way off. I cant keep strains and breeders straight in my head nowadays. Haha
omg ask me what its like to have coffee coming out the nose omg i cracked up

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Fox tail
I like gnome he says it the way it is i guess bohdi got a grimms apollo cut or ordered some seeds like the rest and started crossing it
With so many great strains available one just has to search look at this
One word holy wow wow and you know what out of coincidence bohdi sells these seeds but its just not the same WTF gives lol
Goji10 weeks

Top Bottom