There's something in this water that is either too high or too low and it's messing with my soil ph I think. Logan's lab water analysis report

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Theres something in this water that is either too high or too low and its messing with my soil
If anyone's got any experience with one of these, I could sure use a hand. I'm just kinda breaking it down line by line and googling what it is. I'm going to stop using the water for now, but I'd really like to figure this out. The water is very hard to adjust with ph up and down. It comes from a local spring. This is the first grow I've ever used this spring water straight. I've always mixed it 50/50 with bottled spring water before. Since they've gotten into flower I've had a few different issues that were a result of my ph being out of whack. How does this water look to someone who knows these analysis reports? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I’m no wattaboy, but I’d drink it. Looks like good water to me.

Homesteader

Homesteader

The water seems fairly hard and may cause you issues because of the salt. I think the upper limits for greenhouse is around 30mg/l but only one way to find out for sure. Maybe you could use a more acidic mix with peat that could break the carbonates apart?

I was thinking that perhaps it was getting hit with a water softner but after reading again I am going to assume it is not.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

The water seems fairly hard and may cause you issues because of the salt. I think the upper limits for greenhouse is around 30mg/l but only one way to find out for sure. Maybe you could use a more acidic mix with peat that could break the carbonates apart?

I was thinking that perhaps it was getting hit with a water softner but after reading again I am going to assume it is not.

That article was good. I'll do some looking into it, but I'm sure you're right. When I was cutting the spring water with other bottles spring water the other grows did find. I don't grow too many plants so buying a few gallons of water a week is okay. I'm going to go see what I can find out about hardness and salt concentration. So when you say issues bc of the salts you're referring to the salt concentration being 128.6?

Trixie

Trixie

Any of the imbalances or impurities in the water analysis above will contaminate the plant thru osmosis. All the stuff above has to filter through the plants. When a person stops using tap water they will find out how much better growing cannabis can be with clean water. Everyone's tap water is different and telling someone to use tap because they do is misleading because everybody's tap is different. Treated Tap water will never be as good as RO or Rainwater. The difference is night and day because plants use so much water daily.

Trixie

Trixie

Water management is the most important underlying issue with container plants. Since the plants are in an enclosed area it is critical to maintaining a minimum ppm. Using pure water will allow a person to keep the ppm low and steady compared to high and unsteady with tap water. Pure water allows one to run full nutrient synchronicity without all the unknown stuff that blocks receptor sites,.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You've got a lot of calcium and magnesium in your water. Getting the pH of your water adjusted is easy enough, but you will need to watch out for lockout due to too much calcium.

Make sure your nutrients supply calcium through a separate cal/mag product and then don't use it. Supply magnesium, when needed, with epsom salts.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

You've got a lot of calcium and magnesium in your water. Getting the pH of your water adjusted is easy enough, but you will need to watch out for lockout due to too much calcium.

Make sure your nutrients supply calcium through a separate cal/mag product and then don't use it. Supply magnesium, when needed, with epsom salts.
That helps a lot. And that could very well be it. I never stopped using cal mag during this grow.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok why you researching your water? whats wrong with the plants that your blaming the water?
aren’t you growing with fox farm?
if so why are using the chemical ph up/down in an organic medium?
it’s not your water..

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

ok why you researching your water? whats wrong with the plants that your blaming the water?
aren’t you growing with fox farm?
if so why are using the chemical ph up/down in an organic medium?
it’s not your water..
This is my third grow. Everything's been done exactly the same each grow. The other 2 grows went great. Then I changed the water I use on this grow and I've had issues that look like lockout or ph issues since week 2 of flower. I'm really thinking it has to do with the ppm being high in this water and the previous water I was using was low ppm. I didnt know enough at the time to account for that. But thanks to all these helpful people, I do now. I focused on the one variable that changed and figured that would be a good place to research. If you have anything helpful to input, I'd def love to hear it. But since flushing things are looking better in there.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Any of the imbalances or impurities in the water analysis above will contaminate the plant thru osmosis. All the stuff above has to filter through the plants. When a person stops using tap water they will find out how much better growing cannabis can be with clean water. Everyone's tap water is different and telling someone to use tap because they do is misleading because everybody's tap is different. Treated Tap water will never be as good as RO or Rainwater. The difference is night and day because plants use so much water daily.
"
Treated Tap water will never be as good as RO or Rainwater?
I'm not sure where you got that info but there is no good rain water any more & RO water strips my plants of its nutrients and bleaches out their leaves within just a few days of using it. When using RO water in soil I believe you need to add all of micro nutrients your fertilizers don't have in them or end up with problems.

Although collecting rainwater seems like an easy way to obtain drinking water, it may not always be safe to consume. Environmental pollutants, harmful bacteria, and parasites can contaminate rainwater, and drinking it can make you sick
Even the most remote locations on Earth have rainfall that contains dangerous human-made plastic chemicals.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

The water report looks fine with maybe the exception of chloride at 37ppm. Weed doesn't need chloride. Too much can be a problem. Doubt the water is the problem here.

Calcium and magnesium are normal and not a substitute for cal mag. I use 200ppm Ca and 75ppm Mg. Your water doesn't have anywhere near that.

Bicarbonate level is fine, but the water should be acidified to remove some and get the right pH.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

The water report looks fine with maybe the exception of chloride at 37ppm. Weed doesn't need chloride. Too much can be a problem. Doubt the water is the problem here.

Calcium and magnesium are normal and not a substitute for cal mag. I use 200ppm Ca and 75ppm Mg. Your water doesn't have anywhere near that.

Bicarbonate level is fine, but the water should be acidified to remove some and get the right pH.
Thank you. This grow is almost over and I've got one more grow with fox farms stuff before I try living soil. I may just try this water again next grow but like you said make sure to adjust ph (the whole first half of the grow my ph pen was off and needed calibrated). Also I think I'm going to flush a couple times throughout. I've heard different things concerning fox farm nutes and if they need flushed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom