These Are Baby Thrips, Right???

• Thread starter W8lifts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

W8lifts

FNG here, I did some research and think this critter is a thrip? Can someone review my pic please, any and all feed back is welcomed.

I went to lowes and picked up a bottle of "garden safe Soap" . This is a white widow tomato plant....

https://www.invalid.com/photos/145314791@N02/shares/9VLmKx

Brativa

Brativa

here is the pic, top right
Have you seen any scaring on the leaf surface? I've only seen them and the damage caused as adults with the naked eye so yea.. I'll ask a fellow grower about what they use to vanquish those fuckers. BTW they scatter around when rustled but usually won't move far from the foliage they're quick.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Nematodes from arbico organics will wipe em out no problem. If you get the nemaseek one you can just add it to your feed water and they seek out pests, no need to foliar.

Brativa

Brativa

Azamax worked great for me with spider mites and it should do the same for thrip. Depends on where your at in your run though if you'd want to use it it is great foliary little less effective in a drench but does work that way as well. Don't wanna smoke azamax so if you do use that make sure you do a wash after there gone.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Caps has nothing to do with Monterey garden spray . Monterey is a pesticide great for thrips and catapillars
Wasn't trying to say that, but just to be sure I found it from cap himself
The foliar pack has saccharopolyspora spinosa, and other species that will help with thrips.
Same stuff that spinosad is made of

Edit- okay so after second guessing myself I read that spinosad is actually derived from those bacteria and not just those bacteria

Either way thrips, from my understanding, are soft bodied insects that can be killed with a strong enough spray of plain water, which is how I keep them in check on the rose bushes

Last edited:
Natural

Natural

spinosad for sure...capt jacks..monterrey garden..either of those two..I would do a drench and proper foliar with a follow up 7-10 days after. If you want once and done get conserve sc spinosad..it's expensive but worth it imho

Top Bottom