These Clones Ready To Go??

• Thread starter fortphoenix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Hey I’m doing single cola sog (al b. fuct way) and I’m wondering if these clones would hypothetically be good to put into flower right now…. i cut the clones exactly 2 weeks ago and they rooted by day 7,8,9. i feel like they could’ve had bigger roots if i had a tray that fit the rapid rooters better and if i wasn’t pulling them out every day to check on them which caused roots to break and had they not dried out so much/often... what you think, could they be good to go to lower though?

also what do you think about leaving like a 1/4” of water at the bottom of the tray so the rooters can constantly wick up water vs feeding them by dipping them in a solution and taking them out?

thanks for any responses or advice!!!

These clones ready to go
These clones ready to go 2
These clones ready to go 3
These clones ready to go 4
These clones ready to go 5
These clones ready to go 6
These clones ready to go 7
These clones ready to go 8
These clones ready to go 9
These clones ready to go 10
These clones ready to go 11
These clones ready to go 12
N

Nog

Put something that small into flower?

You would be lucky to get a gram of bud off that if you flowered it now.

You need to put it in a bigger pot and veg it for a month at least.

str8smokn

str8smokn

You would want atleast 5" of new growth on there ,that way after flip they should be around 1.5 tall or so. That should be all bud by the end.
How many plants total?
Pot up in a 8" pot and let veg for two weeks then flip them.
If you have enough plants ,it should be a good harvest.
STR8

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Put something that small into flower?

You would be lucky to get a gram of bud off that if you flowered it now.

You need to put it in a bigger pot and veg it for a month at least.
I think saying id only get a gram sounds kind of ridiculous for a plant that will flower for 2 months, I'm not the first person to try doing a sog and no I'm not vegging because I'm doing sog and i don't have the space for it
Put them in their final shoes, give them at least 10 days then flip.

It's really worth vegging them a little more pal
yeah i was thinking about doing a 3 week cycle but these roots also aren't as big as they could be, FYI this is my first time ever cloning, all 3 were rooted within 7-8.5 days, this was more of an experiment to see if they could be ready plus i was pulling them out of the tray atleast 1 or 2 times a day to look at them and i could feel the roots stuck to the plastic so i know i was doing damage to them the whole time plus a few pieces of root even broke off for pulling them out
You would want atleast 5" of new growth on there ,that way after flip they should be around 1.5 tall or so. That should be all bud by the end.
How many plants total?
Pot up in a 8" pot and let veg for two weeks then flip them.
If you have enough plants ,it should be a good harvest.
STR8
are you saying 5" vertical growth on the stem? but i don't have space for them to be 1.5 before they get flipped, cause then they're going to be 4-6 feet in flower. i used the small clones i had so i could save the bigger ones for when i actually do the sog... al b. recommends clones 6-10".... heres quote from al b. fuct "Clones which are only 6-9" tall when they've set root will grow in a tapering veg mode under 12/12 lighting, eventually reaching their final stature at about 36-40" tall by week 4." he also said "My 8-9" clones finish up somewhere between 33-40" at harvest time." but I'm either going with 32 or 36 on a 3x6 flood tray with 2 600w a/c. i really don't think it'd be unreasonable to expect a half zip if i got the cloning down right so the roots are more developed by the 2 week time. the reason I'm not vegging is because i don't have the space for it and i don't want to pay the electric for it and make the electric bill look even more suspicious

str8smokn

str8smokn

No, I meant a extra 4"-5" growth. How tall are they now?
I was meaning 1'-1.5' tall after stretch.
Your clones should only double in growth ,maybe alittle more. But not from 8-9" to 40".
What strain are you running?
You almost have to veg for atleast a week or two. Let the roots adjust to the new pots and spread. Or else you might as well flower just in the plug,and not pot them.
If no veg ,no stretch..
They only stretch after their roots are established.
Good luck on your adventure.
STR8

N

Nog

You are talking about getting the roots developed, but it's the leaves and stems you want to grow if you are going to get a decent yield.
Got to have the infrastructure in place to grow the buds on, which is the leaves and stems.

That clone is tiny, and will not grow much if put in 12/12.
Certainly wont grow 36 -40 inches.

And you say you are not veging as you are doing SOG, well as far as I know SOG growers still veg their clones.

But anyway, do it your way. You will learn something from it, and find out what is true and what is not.

This is an Afghani #1 clone; rooted in a rockwool cube and then put into a small pot with seed raising mix.
Even this one I would not bother flowering at this stage, still way too small and the yield would be not worth it.

Last edited:
Dunge

Dunge

what do you think about leaving like a 1/4” of water at the bottom of the tray so the rooters can constantly wick up water vs feeding them by dipping them in a solution and taking them out?
I have started doing this for the last few clone efforts, and it is much less effort and seems work as well as dunking them daily.

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

No, I meant a extra 4"-5" growth. How tall are they now?
I was meaning 1'-1.5' tall after stretch.
Your clones should only double in growth ,maybe alittle more. But not from 8-9" to 40".
What strain are you running?
You almost have to veg for atleast a week or two. Let the roots adjust to the new pots and spread. Or else you might as well flower just in the plug,and not pot them.
If no veg ,no stretch..
They only stretch after their roots are established.
Good luck on your adventure.
STR8
ohh i gotcha but right now i have nirvana ak48 and sensi seeds northern lights mothers but i was actually thinking about having an extra tray that they can sit in under a 400w and put on 18/6 for a week to get them used to being on a light cycle and so they won't have to be hand watered in flower for the first week and obv to prevent being stunted the first week of flower and like i said i took the smallest clones i have the 3 clones in the pic are 4.5,5 & 6" from the top of the plug to the top of the new growth
You are talking about getting the roots developed, but it's the leaves and stems you want to grow if you are going to get a decent yield.
Got to have the infrastructure in place to grow the buds on, which is the leaves and stems.

That clone is tiny, and will not grow much if put in 12/12.
Certainly wont grow 36 -40 inches.

And you say you are not veging as you are doing SOG, well as far as I know SOG growers still veg their clones.

But anyway, do it your way. You will learn something from it, and find out what is true and what is not.

This is an Afghani #1 clone; rooted in a rockwool cube and then put into a small pot with seed raising mix.
Even this one I would not bother flowering at this stage, still way too small and the yield would be not worth it.
from what I've always heard true s.o.g is zero veg time and 4plants per square foot where you only get .25-1 zip per plant but yeah these clones were just testers because this is my first time cloning so i used the smallest clones i have

I have started doing this for the last few clone efforts, and it is much less effort and seems work as well as dunking them daily.

thanks man thats the way I'm going to do it once I'm rooting a bunch of clones because id waste a bunch of nute solution if i filled the tray up for 3 clones. i just put some water in a small piece if tupperware and dip them in that

Bannacis

Bannacis

As long as your plant has matured, 6-8 weeks. it can be flowered. small 6-8" clones from a mature mother plant will double in size. in a sog that's fine. and if your limited with height, then do what ya gotta do.

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

As long as your plant has matured, 6-8 weeks. it can be flowered. small 6-8" clones from a mature mother plant will double in size. in a sog that's fine. and if your limited with height, then do what ya gotta do.
Thank you for the response!!

H

honda power 420

from what I've always heard true s.o.g is zero veg time and 4plants per square foot where you only get .25-1 zip per plant but yeah these clones were just testers because this is my first time cloning so i used the smallest clones /QUOTE]
That's not even close to true. A s.o.g can be anywhere from zero days to infinite as long as you have the space to accommodate for the plant hight.. There is no set in stone way to do a s.o.g either you could be getting a pound per plant in a larger sog set up. You need to let those plants root in at least a half gallon of dirt or like someone else said you may as well just flower in the plug tray.. You will learn tho it's always fun trying new setups and different methods but this one need s a bit of tweaking.. Good luck

N

Nog

After a clone has grown roots, it will still take a while before it starts to resume vegetative growth, it will just sit there for a while, and then after about a weekor a week and a half you will see new light green growth coming out the top of the plant.

These Black Widow clones are starting go get new growth.

These are what healthy clones look like by the way, not sick looking clones like you (the OP) posted.
This is what you should be aiming for.
Not trying to put you down, but you need to work out your cloning.

C
K

killermike

Hey I’m doing single cola sog (al b. fuct way) and I’m wondering if these clones would hypothetically be good to put into flower right now…. i cut the clones exactly 2 weeks ago and they rooted by day 7,8,9. i feel like they could’ve had bigger roots if i had a tray that fit the rapid rooters better and if i wasn’t pulling them out every day to check on them which caused roots to break and had they not dried out so much/often... what you think, could they be good to go to lower though?

also what do you think about leaving like a 1/4” of water at the bottom of the tray so the rooters can constantly wick up water vs feeding them by dipping them in a solution and taking them out?

thanks for any responses or advice!!!
Hell yhea plant it

Latest posts

Top Bottom