These Led Lights Just Might Be The Future

• Thread starter salmonslammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wisher619

Wisher619

the SK400 has 3 optical options...60/90/120 degree...he probably had the 60 so that he can mount them high and use it to keep everything alive...the 120 can be brought down as close as 12" from canopy

Junk

Junk

the SK400 has 3 optical options...60/90/120 degree...he probably had the 60 so that he can mount them high and use it to keep everything alive...the 120 can be brought down as close as 12" from canopy

Probably right. At the time, I knew nothing about the lights, so I didn't really ask him much. And like I said, I can ask him now, but I know he isn't going to get back to me about it. He is paranoid as anything.

I guess if I had that kind of operation going I would probably be paranoid too. He has to have at least 40 plants in there, and I would say it's probably closer to 60 or 70. He asked me to leave my phone in the car. Actually, he asked me to shut it off and take the battery out before I even went there, but I needed it for directions. Once there, I shut the phone off and left it in the car.

The first 2 times I saw his place was quite a while back (15 years or so) and I hadn't started growing yet. So I didn't know anything about it, so I didn't ask him a lot of questions.

This last time I saw it was the first time I had any knowledge about growing, so he shared a couple things, but it was stuff I pretty much already knew. One of the q's I asked him was his opinion on HID vs. LED, which is what led us to the SK400's

They were brand new to him, but he was a fan. And it was absolutely killing it with the plants it was lighting. They looked as good, perhaps even better than, the ones he had under HID's, but that's about all I know.

The other things he mentioned (this is all in his opinion, but he is the best grower Ive personally seen) was that flushing with organic soil is not necessary. It's possible to give plants TOO much light (I always thought the more the better). Hydro plants, when done right, will taste as good, or better than, soil plants. His basic point was that it's a myth, that soil plants taste better than hydro (his words, not mine, but I have found that to be the case. The best product I've ever had taste/smell wise have all been hydro). And lastly, that watt for watt, a good LED with the right spectrum will do just as good as HID. It's just very expensive for someone like him to switch over his whole setup. If he does though, I'll be sure to note what led's he switches to.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxyhydro-t...8&qid=1439915912&sr=8-13&keywords=Galaxyhydro
This light has a precise mixture of red, blue, white, and infra red leds. Supposedly the japanese have researched and tested these cob leds and found the best combination of different leds for veg and flowering. I myself would not know if they were better than other lights because this is the only light I have ever owned. I have only had it for one grow but I was not disappointed, my plants seem to grow like weeds.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings...
Ahem...I think that the real reason of lighting HID(HPS/MH) and comparison to LED in it ,besides efficiency, is not just flower product, but IMO the quality of the resins...my last two grows with the SK 450, a 250 w full spectrum panel with the blue/white and pure red spectrum the two strains were mikado, and lion heart x mikado.
The canabinoid profile was was quite excellent and on each I able to notice good crystaly tric and quality effect... I'm a med patient myself and consider the light quality to canabinoid quality and nutes to feed. I've noticed on most occasion HPS produces frosty low quality resins and that MH produces high quality resins... I can say hands down almost every time. The reds are good for flower structure and blue/white for oil and gland production... Most use HPS throughout the flower, some 'augment' with MH...but actually HPS augments MH...but resins/oils is at times sacrificed for flower structure... the folks at super grow mentioned a hybrid system for their unit if u want to amp it up. But I think overall the LED is good in mainly in efficiency especially $$$LIGHT BILL...hahaha
Right now doing elite strain called Danny boy from seed!!!

Top Bottom