They Are Here... And They Are Hungry!

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Dont they consider that root bound???
Absolutely. Those plants were just an experiment to see how long I could keep them in solos and if I could maintain the root health as well. It also allowed me to see that I could keep a plant in one for almost 15 weeks. Essentially I wanted to push the limits of rootbound and to see the results. I observed slower growth but overall with the high availability of hydroponic nutrients they stayed relatively healthy for the most part. I'm glad I did it.

I never had any plans for those plants so it was all fun and games:D

This is a pic of them I took recently. Still healthy. The ones on the right.
IMG 8739

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Absolutely. Those plants were just an experiment to see how long I could keep them in solos and if I could maintain the root health as well. It also allowed me to see that I could keep a plant in one for almost 15 weeks. Essentially I wanted to push the limits of rootbound and to see the results. I observed slower growth but overall with the high availability of hydroponic nutrients they stayed relatively healthy for the most part. I'm glad I did it.

I never had any plans for those plants so it was all fun and games:D
I see.. Awesome experiment!

Dunge

Dunge

Using pot scheduling to balance up plant sizes is very interesting.
I am using the strategy now, and it runs counter to normal veg strategy.
Rather than up potting when the plant needs it, I up pot the smallest plants first allowing them to catch up with the root bound sisters.
It sure looks to be working this round.

justiceman

justiceman

Using pot scheduling to balance up plant sizes is very interesting.
I am using the strategy now, and it runs counter to normal veg strategy.
Rather than up potting when the plant needs it, I up pot the smallest plants first allowing them to catch up with the root bound sisters.
It sure looks to be working this round.
Interesting concept. I like the sound of that.

justiceman

justiceman

Love the root shots, some advise on how to get them like that would be great. Totally Awesome!
Right on! It mostly comes down to watering practices for the medium you are working with. I personally like 100% coco. Here is a link below to the short tutorial I wrote up about getting nice roots with coco. I hope it can provide you with some good advice:smoking:

Coco Root Health Tutorial

Top Bottom