They beat us to it..

• Thread starter pRiMo303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

But let's learn from their mistakes and do it BETTER! Ok, so we kicked around the idea, but someone beat us to the punch. All good, good things come in pairs, and I think between all of us at the farm and our connections could put on a successful event. PM me any ideas for venues, sponsorships entertainers, etc etc you may have and let's get our own crackin!

https://sites.google.com/site/closetgrowerscup/
On the rizzy, let's do this.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

I like where your head is at!!!!
I'm quite convinced we are putting out better than industry every damn day!!!!
tell me where to be, and ill be there,........if you need help organizing i have 20 years event/vending experience that is yours for the asking,.......

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I think invitation-only is going to be the way to go. A private cup on private property. There's just too much riff-raff and too many live trolls out there to just invite the world. My opinion. Thinking safety, as someone I knew was shot and killed last week arguing over the price of two units. Stay off craigslist, folks.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think invitation-only is going to be the way to go. A private cup on private property. There's just too much riff-raff and too many live trolls out there to just invite the world. My opinion. Thinking safety, as someone I knew was shot and killed last week arguing over the price of two units. Stay off craigslist, folks.
Oh, no... I'm so sorry. I am SO sorry.

llamabox

llamabox

Working on a small growers gathering this summer down here in the SLV. If it goes well I will be planning bigger events at the venue. Going to check out a new spot this summer up in South Park, might be able to do more there and have it closer for front range folks.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

This idea has been kicked around on here many times. Wasn't @hb420 trying to organize something this summer up north? I think the biggest issue is finding an event location that is within reasonable driving distance for everyone or allows camping. I don't want to drive 4 hours to get really high and then drive back all paranoid a cop will stop me. NYC has stop and frisk, CO has STOP AND STICK! What happens if the cop is a heroin junky and decides to use his needle to draw my blood? Worse things have happened people!!! ;) But seriously, if you've been to the HTCC.........way too much riffraff trolling around.

B cool 2 set up a seed/clone swap @ the event also 4 anyone interested? Obviously have 2 b something set up on p.m. or email since not allowed on site here. Indoor or outdoor/camping event? Any guest judge(s) in mind??

Love this idea!

GoClutch

GoClutch

I would love to receive an invite for something like this, but I'm a long way from being able to contribute much more than ideas and some entries. Sources in the industry have convinced me that the HTCC is corrupt, and even if it's not it's definitely way too hype! I was naively thinking I would be able to meet and talk with other growers in an energetic but not too crazy environment...instead it was a bit of a crazy blur, with very little opportunity for talking shop with other growers. Was hoping to meet up with altitude farmer there- some other time friend!

The biggest hurdle by far is the property! Anyone volunteering that?

GoClutch

GoClutch

B cool 2 set up a seed/clone swap @ the event also 4 anyone interested? Obviously have 2 b something set up on p.m. or email since not allowed on site here. Indoor or outdoor/camping event? Any guest judge(s) in mind??

We are not allowed to organize events on here? There is the Quartersack Classic Disc Golf event etc, seems like if that's a rule mods are being generous on not enforcing it.
**edit- nvm I get it, no seed/clone swapping on the forums.

Top Bottom