they keep growing

• Thread starter orchi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

orchi

the plants keep growing a lot even in the flowring stage.They have double the size and even more since they are put in for flowering.Is that bad ? :sign0065:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Orchi, that's called 'post-flip stretch' and it's called that for a very good reason. It's not a bad thing, it can just oftentimes be rather inconvenient for a few reasons.

O

orchi

thank you people.If it was'nt for u i would never've knew that.It is good to know.

M

MASSES 420KING

as a good rule of thumb your plant will double if not triple in size and depending on the strain you can have a 500% stretch so just remember 1 foot can equal 2-3 feet in general and so on

S

StillBlack

THATS true there are also a few other things like 1. how far is da light? 2.wat type of light is it? .........The guys were right u always have to research the fenotypes of wat strain ur growing

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

check your light intenisty also. It could be that your light is getting old and not producing the lumens it used to. That will cause a plant to stretch while flowering. i learned that one the hard way.

O

orchi

the lamp is new! And i think its doing its job,but i'm not that sure yet.Maybe i have to get a nother lamp.I dont know,dose a blue spectrum mean a blue light becose mine seems red in light color but it says on the box that it is for cultivation.Its an 400W/230V AGRO LUX Sodium lamp,E40 model i think or something

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What's the Kelvin rating of that lamp?

F

farmerjohn

:evilgrin0031:Turn that sucker horizontal & fit a good footprint reflector over it. If it's a 600W run the damn thing down until you are too close, then back it off a few inches. Or keep it close but run a fan over it. If its a 1000, be very careful. It can burn up foliage quick.

You'll need to check often, as post flip stretch means it will grow too close. Amazing how much & how fast with some strains. Too little light, it might stretch too much & they will be calling you "Larfy Larry" behind your back.

:sunToo much light is a bad thing too. Haven't gotten there myself, but I've heard it's not good! Air temp & humidity are now both critical too. 69 nite, 79 day, 55% is ideal, but some strains are happy in a wide range, some aren't.

:damnhippie:Or always grow Top44 or NL or the E-Z stuff. If you do everything dead wrong, then they only give you good results. lol! Or grow Haze. If you sneeze, your whole crop dies! I just popped 25 pale tannish Original Haze beans into my seed starter, so wish me luck. I'm gonna need it, I would bet. I do have the Chemo, which Tabor told me is "The Sativa Tamer". Maybe by the time these are ready, I can have my hillbilly breeding program figured out. It's a goal, but it's a lot to learn. Trial & error is fine, but I may need some major help on this one.

O

orchi

What's the Kelvin rating of that lamp?

I have no idea.Dont have anything to mesure or read it somewere.

And farmerJohn i hope u do good.I think my plants are.Its been a month maybe +/- several days.The plants aren't growing anymore.The buds seem great.I can't keep my hands off of them.I'm still not sure will they be good busty buds.I have tryed them allready and man i thing they gonna be some hell of a ride when there ready.I will be happy if i get a good 100 grams or more of the plant.There are two plants but i think the little one wolnt make it.I dont know how much exactly em i going to get from one plant.But i have HIGH hopes.The plant is bigger then me and i cut the top when i put it in the flowering stage and becose of the rapid growth of the plant now theres like 4 strains big as the plant itself at the begining and they themself got like severel strains each.Its like 4 huge buds like 40 sm each at the top.There beutyfull. sry for my writing my english is not very good!

G

GorillaCloset

Definitely good to know! My few of my plants are lanky right now. I'm in the 2nd week of flowing and they are growing out of control. I think I will veg less and know what to expect next time when I put them into flowering.

Top Bottom