They run, they hide...Need help with the hitsquad.

• Thread starter Dopegeist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

The target: Fungus Gnats

Seem to be looking at an entrenched enemy. Noticed them in veg a few weeks back and called in demolitions. Chemical bomb was set and detonated,. Fliers dropped, very few I saw...Until I found the hive. Bodies littered everywhere, seems I was just in time. Or so I though. Some systemic Azatrol in the res and insurgency is under control.
The problem? A rebel base is somewhere on the boderlands.

I believe the new insurgents are coming in through the eastern border, seems like they might have made a home in the wall. Were here when I got here. There is a leak on the outside of the building and a river gushes through the gap in the floor where the new fighters seem to be coming from.

So besides sealing up my entry points, any ideas on taking out the hive? I have thought about dumping some juice down the hole until it comes out the other side. I just don't think bombs will get them in there, unless I tarp the building and fumigate.
Anyone have luck with Raid, ect for the building crevices and doors?

All strategies welcomed.

ttystikk

ttystikk

GoGnats. It's basically cedar oil, and it kicks ass. Use as the bottle sez...

summitoker

summitoker

all the things mentioned above will work to keep them under control, but drying everything out is the first step to 100%elimination. You can spray shit all day, they will hide somewhere. when they are down in numbers start using the bt , sticky cards, nematodes in your soil, etc. The flyers don't harm much its the larvae eating your roots that you are after, get the roots dry enough and they die. Easy in soil, not so much in hydro.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Just got some clones and they got little black gnats fly in around in the dirt.Is this what your talkin about?
Used diatomatous earth and they seem to be gone...
Will up can and keep eye on, all we need is more bugs!!!

S

swisscheese

I had a problem with them coming from a floor drain that never gets used. I just pour bleach down the drain once a week or so.

Just cut a piece of poly wrap and tape that drain shut!

Dopegeist sounds like you need to waterproof your basement wall anyways gnats would be the least of my worries if I had a river running through the eastern border! Get your shovel soldier you have some digging and tar to mess around with! Don't forget hydraulic cement on the inside either matey!

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=12263

Get some of this. Lotsa peeps have reported it is available at Ace hardware.....so it might be worth a call or two to source it locally. This shit is seriously concentrated....and it WILL fuck them up/end your gnat problems. Good luck

One of my buddies had a fruit fly problem growing mushies. He would use this stuff and said it worked pretty good. It even made some of the fliers drop dead.

A

A20Grower

all the things mentioned above will work to keep them under control, but drying everything out is the first step to 100%elimination. You can spray shit all day, they will hide somewhere. when they are down in numbers start using the bt , sticky cards, nematodes in your soil, etc. The flyers don't harm much its the larvae eating your roots that you are after, get the roots dry enough and they die. Easy in soil, not so much in hydro.
Guy at the grow shop said the bt will kill the nematodes too, and suggested either bt or nematodes, but not both. Also suggested diatomaceous earth, said it's like a layer of razor blades, won't let anything go through it without slaying it to death.

I guess YMMV.

edit: maybe what he said at the grow shop wasn't quite accurate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth#Pest_control

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Yeah, it's construction time. Hydraulic cement, check! Thanks mate. Took care of everything in the hydro, got some spray pyrethrins for temporary spot treatment of the walls, the last round of bombs and benes going in the tank, quick chlorine cleanse before the benes to kill any pythium the gnats may have introduced.

Now it's time to tar, rip, drill, and float...
Almost there.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

And digging ditches, just like Master P...
Well, a little different, but we both have shovels.

S

swisscheese

Yeah, it's construction time. Hydraulic cement, check! Thanks mate. Took care of everything in the hydro, got some spray pyrethrins for temporary spot treatment of the walls, the last round of bombs and benes going in the tank, quick chlorine cleanse before the benes to kill any pythium the gnats may have introduced.

Now it's time to tar, rip, drill, and float...
Almost there.
That's what we like to hear soldier!! Now go play with some power tools and don't have too much fun either! And hopefully your project goes smooth like below:

Top Bottom