They're calling it The WalMart of Weed

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FatFreddysKat

Sorry but if the locals dont shop at the locally owned shops, how do you expect any mom n pop shops to stay open? Who cares about WalMart and their practices, all I know is that if some of these super sized box stores werent around our local economies would be even worse...and yes I do shop at these stores, when you have little money and you need something you get it, I dont care what you believe you dont pay my bills or put food on my table or clothe my kids, so shut the fuck up all you whiners!!!!!
Funny how doctors can be so blind SeaMaiden.....I have left 2 doctors recently because they did not agree with my cannabis use , and even after I explained I hate pills and they make me sicker than before I take them, but they choose to be ignorant and promote only what pays them, big pharma!!!!!So I said good bye, you cant be that good if you have a closed mind!!!

J

JonDoe

I'f your not geting %20-%30 off M.S.R.P. your a sucker & you need a new supplier. just p.m me & ill give you adress. no B.S hydro shop if they dont have what you need they will order it & call you when it comes in with in a week.
Can anyone in sacramento get canna coco? i wonder why that is.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
seamaiden it is a sad story about the many countys that are dying..but step back for a sec..couldn't wally world be contributing to that problem..i mean go around town and ask others who were ONCE small business owners but aren't anymore..granted business is good for a lacking economy,but that type of business(wmart) is sucking the life out of your small town..i wouldn't go and defend it in any way!! but hey as for wheel's n wood i mean..well shit,haha those ppl are fcked from the get go..i mean really??
Perhaps, but that business model was desired around here. Just as people got extremely excited when we finally got our very own Lowe's. And a Staples! And with Staples we got The New Safeway (as opposed to the old Safeway, which is *still*, four years later, a vacant lot).

Also, if you knew what sorts of business practices people around here use, you would understand why they die. Plain and simple--they're not business-minded people. If it's a service-based business, they don't seem to understand the concept of good customer service. If it's a product-based business, they don't seem to want to offer product that people want. Wheels 'n' Wood is but one example. How can I decry Walmart when these are the business models it's contending against? Yes, REALLY! He really did it, we were really blown away, and it really died a fast, fast death. Once Larry's house went on the market after foreclosure it sold pretty fast, it's a good property, nice and flat (relatively speaking, we are in the Sierra after all).

Oh! And I've spoken to some people up here who have said, I shit you not, "I don't believe in the internet." Business-people! Don't believe in the internet... what, like you don't believe in fairies? Seriously?
Sorry but if the locals dont shop at the locally owned shops, how do you expect any mom n pop shops to stay open? Who cares about WalMart and their practices, all I know is that if some of these super sized box stores werent around our local economies would be even worse...and yes I do shop at these stores, when you have little money and you need something you get it, I dont care what you believe you dont pay my bills or put food on my table or clothe my kids, so shut the fuck up all you whiners!!!!!
Funny how doctors can be so blind SeaMaiden.....I have left 2 doctors recently because they did not agree with my cannabis use , and even after I explained I hate pills and they make me sicker than before I take them, but they choose to be ignorant and promote only what pays them, big pharma!!!!!So I said good bye, you cant be that good if you have a closed mind!!!
I was raised by a doctor (and I reminded my DO that my father is still an MD, and if he wants to discuss nutrition I have a registered dietitian at my fingertips as well--I've been brought up with this stuff), so to me, it's par for the course. People treat you like God long enough, one day, you're gonna start believing it yourself. I'm here to remind them that they are not, in fact, God, or even God-like. Do not treat me like an ignorant layperson, for one thing, and absolutely do NOT patronize me. Do that and you risk pissing me off, and a pissed off me isn't fun.

I spent a good bit of time with the DO arguing over the idea that he would actually prefer invasive techniques or pill-popping over my cannabis use. He is REALLY against smoking, all smoking of any kind, and that was the first time I told him he needs to be better educated on the subject before he speaks on it (yes, that pissed him off, he turned a special shade of pink) and that he needs to let go of the tobacco paradigm. He said he could be more supportive if I used edibles or changed ingestion methods somehow. I told him edibles are difficult at best to titrate and require fats or alcohol to go into solution, and here I am trying to lose weight and keep my cholesterol levels in check, not to mention I detest booze. Why would I go that route when smoking allows me perfect titration, perfect effectiveness levels, and great pain control? The threat of lung cancer is a non-starter, and I told him that. COPD and emphysema, ok, I'll give him that. But then he listened to my lungs and, guess what--they're nice and clear.

I think I've caused a serious digression of my own thread, when my intention was to relay what had been reported to me of the television coverage and the flavor it seems to have left in at least one person's mouth.

I have worked a LOT of retail businesses, now I'm wondering if I should go check it out for myself, see how they run this place. Not paying vendors isn't exactly a great way to start off, though. Jeez, if you need a net-60 then just say so, but pay the damn bill already!

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

The store is sounding more and more like a horse and pony show w/ each passing day. PetMart anyone?

F

FatFreddysKat

Seamaiden I too detest alcohol.....main reason being Im an alcoholic, 2nd, it does no one any good sorry , it kills ,destroys families/lives, shoots you to the curb, and many other horrid things, I put it next to heroin and meth,...and the worst part, its fucking legal, what a joke!!!!!So go ahead people send the hate mail, it wont phase me abit!!!!

420Gator

420Gator

Seamaiden I too detest alcohol.....main reason being Im an alcoholic, 2nd, it does no one any good sorry , it kills ,destroys families/lives, shoots you to the curb, and many other horrid things, I put it next to heroin and meth,...and the worst part, its fucking legal, what a joke!!!!!So go ahead people send the hate mail, it wont phase me abit!!!!

i agree on that, all that. it also destroys u physically

and is it just me or do the ppl who love it the most usually the same ones who become belligerent all the time because they cant handle their shit

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

i agree on that, all that. it also destroys u physically

and is it just me or do the ppl who love it the most usually the same ones who become belligerent all the time because they cant handle their shit
Speaking for myself, (doh), if I could handle all of my shit, I wonder if I would smoke mj. The way I see it, there is shit and than there is shit. We all have a pile of it to one degree or another and some ways of dealing w/ our own shit are just better than others, IMHO. The idea is to try to make the pile smaller, not add onto it.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Also, if you knew what sorts of business practices people around here use, you would understand why they die. Plain and simple--they're not business-minded people. If it's a service-based business, they don't seem to understand the concept of good customer service. If it's a product-based business, they don't seem to want to offer product that people want. Wheels 'n' Wood is but one example. How can I decry Walmart when these are the business models it's contending against? Yes, REALLY! He really did it, we were really blown away, and it really died a fast, fast death.

Oh! And I've spoken to some people up here who have said, I shit you not, "I don't believe in the internet." Business-people! Don't believe in the internet... what, like you don't believe in fairies? Seriously?

Seamaiden, just because the small businesses die around you does not make Wal-mart a business model to live by. Your scenarios with your neighbors trying to open stores with poor business models are a big part of why I am glad I left Cali. I found all too many people out there who started businesses and really had no idea what they were doing. In fact it wasn't just business owners but people in general, they would talk a big game but when but when it came down to it they could not follow through. I ran a pizzeria out there for a year and was able to save the business by simply having a work ethic and knowing what I was doing. My new customers would just about almost shit in their pants when they actually got service from a food server, like it was the first time it had ever happened to them; and for some it truly was the first time they ever had real service in a restaurant. Even a great business model cannot save a business that is run by someone who does not understand their market or how to run a business. Please do not praise Wal-mart because you have had foolish people fail in business around you, you seem far too intelligent for that.

I have since moved back to the east coast where I was raised, and am now surrounded by small businesses who are doing quite well, despite the fact my county on a whole is actually in a good deal of financial and administrative trouble. If the business owner knows what they are doing, and does it well then the business will thrive, regardless of what they are selling.

I was raised by a doctor (and I reminded my DO that my father is still an MD, and if he wants to discuss nutrition I have a registered dietitian at my fingertips as well--I've been brought up with this stuff), so to me, it's par for the course. People treat you like God long enough, one day, you're gonna start believing it yourself. I'm here to remind them that they are not, in fact, God, or even God-like. Do not treat me like an ignorant layperson, for one thing, and absolutely do NOT patronize me. Do that and you risk pissing me off, and a pissed off me isn't fun.

I spent a good bit of time with the DO arguing over the idea that he would actually prefer invasive techniques or pill-popping over my cannabis use. He is REALLY against smoking, all smoking of any kind, and that was the first time I told him he needs to be better educated on the subject before he speaks on it (yes, that pissed him off, he turned a special shade of pink) and that he needs to let go of the tobacco paradigm. He said he could be more supportive if I used edibles or changed ingestion methods somehow. I told him edibles are difficult at best to titrate and require fats or alcohol to go into solution, and here I am trying to lose weight and keep my cholesterol levels in check, not to mention I detest booze. Why would I go that route when smoking allows me perfect titration, perfect effectiveness levels, and great pain control? The threat of lung cancer is a non-starter, and I told him that. COPD and emphysema, ok, I'll give him that. But then he listened to my lungs and, guess what--they're nice and clear.

I think I've caused a serious digression of my own thread, when my intention was to relay what had been reported to me of the television coverage and the flavor it seems to have left in at least one person's mouth.

I have worked a LOT of retail businesses, now I'm wondering if I should go check it out for myself, see how they run this place. Not paying vendors isn't exactly a great way to start off, though. Jeez, if you need a net-60 then just say so, but pay the damn bill already!

It doesn't really sound like your DO understands what it means to be a doctor of osteopathy. He is still treating symptoms over the whole person and that is quite upsetting to hear. I am glad to hear you attempt to put him in his place, but from your description his opinions will never change, simply because he doesn't want to change them, even if he is proven wrong time and time again. This is quite disheartening to hear especially from someone who is supposed to be open minded and not bound by conventional medical practices.

I think there is a lot of validity to your opinion on how to use MMJ, I have never found edibles to be nearly as effective medicinally as smoked MMJ, in fact I don't find vaporization to work that well either. Now I think the latter issue is simply more about the combustion or lack thereof of certain cannabinoids, and this does still have relevance when dealing with edibles. Not to mention I feel edibles use more medicine per does than smoking, who can afford to be so wasteful with their money? Plus I have a whole separate argument for not using edibles, I have GI issues and the edibles make them worse. So bring this up to your DO and see what he says.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hehheh, SG, that would be an interesting appointment, for sure.

Believe it or not, I didn't come up with the title of this thread, it was essentially spoonfed by the WW article. However, that said, when everything else has failed and no one has anything to sell in the 'immediate' area, what does a body do? Drive someplace far from home to ensure they patronize a small brick & mortar? I personally can't afford to do that on a regular basis. Walmart is successful for many reasons, being a great business partner may not be it, but right now it's a situation of "something is better than nothing", locally our alternative is nothing.
The store is sounding more and more like a horse and pony show w/ each passing day. PetMart anyone?
Oh my God... do we know each other? I worked for Petco, started the year before their first IPO ('93, IIRC). I have stories, and they're not good (neither is Brian Devine).

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

There are businesses that are doing well in the shadow of WalMart, but they're the exception to the rule. A lawnmower sales and repair shop (I'll have to look up the link) overcame the apparent disadvantage by offering free maintenance on lawnmowers purchased from the store. The net result? The Walmart in his area closed down their lawnmower dept.

California is a large and diverse state and is difficult to generalize about. The businesses in the county where I live are highly competitive- service is quick, efficient and generally friendly- almost too friendly, in fact. I was born in Calif but raised in New England. Both areas have their good points and their not so good points. Sweeping generalities are what they are.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Seamaiden- I've given it some thought and concluded that I would shop at Walmart if the alternative was similar to what you have in your area. However, I would buy online more often, (when economically feasible), and would be a stronger vocal critic of their more debilitating business practices than I am now. I would protest their policies and buy from their store. Nobody told me that I had to make an either or choice. Survival and basic quality of living choices w/o losing sight of what's going on beneath the company facade and doing what I could, no matter how small, (that's where I'd fall in), to help pressure their decision makers into making some changes.

N

norcalshan

When in Sac, I go to Green Thumb. Used to go to IGrow, until they folded. They take care of me everytime. FF OF for $10 a bag when you get 10. Screw this Wally Crap.

P

paperplane

The walmart of weed huh? That place was a joke. No Inventory. The real Walmart of hydro in sac is a lil place called KY Wholesale. That place has inventory. Pallets and pallets of ballasts, hoods, nutes, etc...

Latest posts

Top Bottom