Think I can fit a 1000wt in here?

• Thread starter ronvmpc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Built this cab for veg, but after the smallest plants are done I'm gonna shut down till i move into a place with a garage. I gonna use it to flower out my ladies but was wondering if you guys think that its safe to run a 1000wt in it.

Dimensions: 5'x3'x5'

Intake: 4" duct booster. 2 if I need it.

Exhaust: 4" inline fan. I think 200cfm.

Lighting: 400wt but I wanna run the 1kw in there.

Reflector: Air cooled 6" hood. Thinking about running it with no glass.

And a circular fan or 2.

Just wanna know your guys opinion.

Think i can fit a 1000wt in here 2

Think i can fit a 1000wt in here

hiboy

hiboy

Its probably overkill for that small area,
i'ld be concerned about heat issues. sizzle
h

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if you ran it with the glass and had a seperate fan just for the 1k

if it was a veg cab a 4 foot 8 banger t5 would be perfect for that

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I dunno ron, I think that box would need some big ventilation and or ac upgrade to handle that kinda wattage. Do you have an electronic ballast? Maybe if you dimmed it to 600. Worst case dim it to 400 if you are too hot. I don't think just the 4" fan is gonna cut it with 1k. How hot was it with what is in there currently?

-TF

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I have an 8 inch inline. In the current room I have I'm running a 400wt with a 1kw and it's temps are spiking at 87. You guys are right though. i should probably stick with the dimmable 400wt. It's digital and the 1kw's I have are electronic. Point being. I need a bigger grow space so i can run a mini split. ha.

N

Noworries

If u can keep the plants out of the radiant heat zone, whatever u call the area too close to the bulb that's hot even with effective cooling, cool tube it and a high cfm fan could make it work

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Mini split = bad mother fucker!

-TF
I wish i was a bad ass mofo like you.
If u can keep the plants out of the radiant heat zone, whatever u call the area too close to the bulb that's hot even with effective cooling, cool tube it and a high cfm fan could make it work
Hmmm. That just might work. 8" cool tube with a grip of fans was what my brother was saying. But at the same time I'm thinking of safety. thanks for the advice. maybe I'll give it a try.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Don't even try it! I have a room bigger than yours but with low ceilings, still higher than yours & it does get hot, and your room would be at least 100f. Also, your ceiling is 5ft, just the hood is around 10 inchs, plus 10 more inchs of the buckets, you'll be loosing almost 2ft, leaving you 3ft to work on.
Good luck!
Peace

B

bellsnickle

just too small of an area, way to much radient heat from a 1000watter... 400w air cooled or 600 water cooled is gonna be about it...

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah that's really low man. maybe if you had a summable ballast and ran it at like 75% or something. can you build the box like 2 feet taller?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just gonna run an aircooled adjustable 400wt at 430wts. Scrog the bitches so I can attempt to keep them out of the light as much as possible. I'll post pics tuesday when it's done. Like i posted earlier. I NEED MORE ROOM. I hate having 4 1000wt ballast with no room to put them to use. Patience is key though, right?

Top Bottom