Think this stealth box will work?

• Thread starter epicseeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

epicseeds

So I stumbled across this beauty and I immediately started clearing it out and gather the dimensions. I was hoping some guys with some experience in these types of box could shine on in with some info for me.

How do I calculate the amount of wattage I need for the Flowering Room section? I was thinking a 400w HPS under 2 plants in the flowering room. And some CFLs of unknown wattage in both veg and clone room.

Can anyone explain to me how I should go about cooling this thing? If anyone is stoned enough and wants to save my blueprints to your computer and bring it into paint that would be much appreciated!

I have been doing months and months of lurking and reading and still have much to learn. But now I finally have the box I want to use and was hoping I could get some help on how to go about doing it.

Summary of my questions:
- How can I calculate what much wattage I need for my flowering room. I will be using an HPS with 2 females.
- How much wattage needed for my veg room?
- Any ideas on cooling the thing, design wise?

Thanks - and here are the pics!

CLOSED
http://i27.invalid.com/j9pyl3.jpg

OPEN
http://i31.invalid.com/6p2gkm.jpg

DIMENSIONS
http://i26.invalid.com/21b6793.png

J

John Smith Esq.

Easy dude, welcome to the farm.

im no expert but im happy to be the first person to throw in my 2p!!! i think you may just about get two plants in there but you may find yourself running out of space in the latter weeks of budding, i would seriously look into something like Low Stress Training your plants to get the most out of the space you've got.

400w is really the max you can get away with and you will need fairly hefty ventilation to prevesnt temps building too much, i would suggest an intake at the bottom, 4" should be adequate and then the exhaust at the top on the opposite side to take advantage of any thermal convection already going on. If you are trying to stay economical it may be worth having the the exhaust vent into the section labelled veg room so as you dont have to buy a fan for each compartment (be sure to have a hole venting from the veg room to externally, unless your after a closed room obviously)

you need alot more space for veg than for seedlings/cuttings so the shelf seperating the two could do with being a fair bit lower, for lighgting i would go with something like a 125w for the clones/seedlings and a 250w or 300w cfl for the veg will do the job

for the seed room i would also recomend going with CFL Tubes (like in a sunmate light) opposed to the "4u" energy saving bulb style cfl's purley to save space.

thats all i can thing of at the moment pal, HTH.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
honestly I wouldnt use anything made of particle board to grow in...

as far as light you need 50-75 watts per sf of canopy for flower - so a 400 watt hps would prolly do ya

E

epicseeds

Thanks for the responses guys!

you may find yourself running out of space in the latter weeks of budding, i would seriously look into something like Low Stress Training your plants to get the most out of the space you've got.

I will definitly be SCROGing. It is what is have always done and have always loved.

I got this ballast, what do you think? It seems that the most efficient way to cool a light is by building a "cool tube", correct? I was hoping to build something like the pic above so I could move it easily up and down and get it right above my SCROG. I also want to have the "cool tube" have its own intake and exhaust...so it has no chance to mingle with the other air inside the box...what do you think of that?

Perhaps I shall draw my venting and give you guys a looksies?

http://i27.invalid.com/20fc5t4.png

PS - anyone know anything about these particular ballasts? I got it for $20 new...seemed like a steal. I got the 400w one.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
ru pulling our leg dude? you've got a 240v outlet for your box, or ru wiring a new sub-panel for this project?

E

epicseeds

ru pulling our leg dude? you've got a 240v outlet for your box, or ru wiring a new sub-panel for this project?

i am not sure what you mean. i am very unknowledgable about all this electrical stuff. are you saying this particular ballast is going to require some special type of outlet?

Top Bottom