ThinkGrow Model-H: is it worth the hype?

• Thread starter MWGA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MWGA

MWGA

I wanted to get some feedback or thoughts around the marketing hype going on by Mango Tech / Miami Mango around the new ThinkGrow light. It seems like a lot of hyperbole and fluff yet backed by a long standing community member.

The only review I could find was here:

Does anyone else have any other thoughts or experience with this light?

Reactions: Ina
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
There are always going to be better ways to catch a mouse, and there are always ways to grow buds differently. The concept is good but the main qualifier is the type of light it produces as well as the different frequencies for vegging and flowering. These will work well, but so will a million other products out there. Depending on the price and performance, these can go either way.

Ina

Ina

I wanted to get some feedback or thoughts around the marketing hype going on by Mango Tech / Miami Mango around the new ThinkGrow light. It seems like a lot of hyperbole and fluff yet backed by a long standing community member.

The only review I could find was here:

Does anyone else have any other thoughts or experience with this light?
I like it, but this thing keeps falling from it?!:)If I buy it and it falls on the ground!My God!:DMay be with a little improvement. The manufacturers should watch that review.Otherwise it looks innovative if you can dim,take off some parts and add them when you need,add or cut that red.....Looks cool to me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I like it, but this thing keeps falling from it?!:)If I buy it and it falls on the ground!My God!:DMay be with a little improvement. The manufacturers should watch that review.Otherwise it looks innovative if you can dim,take off some parts and add them when you need,add or cut that red.....Looks cool to me.

Parts fall off for $1300.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
These kinds of lights have been around for a while now. Mostly utilizing older led diodes which has always prevented me from taking the plunge. I will say though the idea behind them is solid. They spread out the diodes more evenly across the canopy. A few companies are making these with high quality led diodes one being @ScynceLED led who is a forum sponsor. I just haven’t had the ability to test theirs out yet. If they were to gift me one (wink wink, hint hint) I’d love to do a side by side with the current commercial leds I’m running now by FGI which have been giving me great results or even my HLG quantum boards which I’ve relegated to vegging. Either way these kinds of led strip lights aren’t new and are actually very nice for commercial growers.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I hear you clucking!
You won't be disappointed in the results.

Might have an order for ya soon. I’m helping a client out west start an indoor hemp grow. He’s getting a set of racks and once he does I’m going to suggest your lights. Should be about 24 sets unless he’s already got a few of them. Either way I know he’s going to need more so I’ll be in touch.

Top Bottom